• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Campus Reunion (851)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The boy genius! How old was he in those flashbacks? That was amazing.

And the Shinx story was full of feels.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Clemont must've been bullied a lot for how he sounded as a child... Oh wait, everyone's more concerned about SCIENCE.

While I like the idea of the Shinx line being a main character of the show, it makes utterly no sense for it to be in Kalos where it's impossible to spot a Shinx in the wild unless the writers decided that Friend Safaris are helpful. Add the fact the Shinx line is not even a Gen VI line, which then makes the inclusion all the weirder. Is this perhaps redemption for randomly making Volkner be similar to Ash in regards to his Raichu, which was supposed to be not his main over Luxray? I also feel that Viola's sister's Helioptile would make Clemont's Heliolisk redundant to have around so they somehow had to backpedal to another Electric-type...because Gen VI severely lacks Electric types. Dedenne and Helioptile are the only Electric types of this gen.

Poor Heliolisk. Forever alone in that tower with an emotionless robot... Oh well! I'll wait for Serena to catch a Lucario and I can finally adore the main cast.

Anyway, I'm worried about that big town. It all practically runs on Clemont's invention. Who's not to say the entire place will blow sky high in the future? We never saw child Clemont experience an explosion, but still... Well, maybe when he focuses on making inventions for weeks instead of practically taking one from his hammerspace of a backpack has to mean something.

Still, nice to have a Luxio around. He will spice the fifth Gym battle.

thetamale

It was a cute episode. I like Luxio as an addition to the main cast.

While I like the idea of the Shinx line being a main character of the show, it makes utterly no sense for it to be in Kalos where it's impossible to spot a Shinx in the wild unless the writers decided that Friend Safaris are helpful.

Actually the XY anime already let go of the hang ups of trying to conform to a regional dex and has always been using the national dex for whatever storylines they want.

Eg: in that episode where Dedenne got switched for a Pichu, the random little girl pointed out how pretty she thought a passing Lilligant was. And they aren't even in Friend Safaris.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Actually the XY anime already let go of the hang ups of trying to conform to a regional dex and has always been using the national dex for whatever storylines they want.

Kind of reminds me how after the Unova seventh Gym they started using the national dex scheme due to B2W2, and suddenly it wasn't all that much about Unova.

But it's like they said to heck with it here. Oh well. Clemont needs an Electric-type anyway.

Aside from Clemont getting a new pokemon, this episode wasn't particularly too interesting for me.

Vipsoccermaster

Hmm, a good episode, especially for Shinx/Luxio. Nice to see that it finally reunited with Clemont. Looks like Ash is in for a bit of a challenge.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was fantastic, mainly because it was Clemont but Shinx is a favourite of mine so that made it all the better.

It was great to find out more of Clemont's past, and the fact he went to an institution to further develop his talents is great to see and this is where his inventing began. This is all thanks to Shinx (now Luxio) and their bond is very close and I can see this being a wonderful partnership. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Fantastic episode, onto the next one!

At least Bonnie tried to set Clemont up with someone who doesn't look too old for him.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I really enjoyed this episode for Clemont especially. The backstory was definitely showing some emotion. Felt bad for Shinx when Clemont was able to show up at their meeting place.

Again, I love how Clemont was willing to defend Luxio from Team Rocket. Then they partially make up at the time.

Also I nearly teared up when Luxio appeared at the meeting place to join Clemont on his journey. It's nice to have a Gen 4 Pokemon part of the XY cast. Sounds strange, but I suppose its the price we've come to when there's not many other Gen 6 Pokemon being put on the main cast.

JudySpell

Banned
Okay Clemont getting Luxio was good but at the same time I don't get why he couldn't have just brought his Heliolisk back instead. 6.5/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I loved this episode! It was great to get some backstory on Clemont and to see him get a new pokemon. The shinx line has been a favorite of mine since they were introduced in Diamond and Pearl, and I'm glad someone finally owned one. Nice to see Clemont show an invention that worked and didn't blow up, too.

9/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Great episode, they really ramped out Clemont's bond with the Luxio via constant flashbacks and filters, as well as the fact that it featured none of Clemont's other Pokemon, Dedenne notwithstanding. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww Clemont was adorable as a kid in his flashbacks and Shinx was cute too. Clemont befriending the Luxio again and how he cried with happiness was a touching moment also. I'm glad Clemont got a new Pokemon. :3

Alloutℯ

Banned
As much as I'm happy that Clemont captured a new Pokemon here, I didn't think Luxio should have been the one he ended up with. It's just so uninteresting.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As much as I'm happy that Clemont captured a new Pokemon here, I didn't think Luxio should have been the one he ended up with. It's just so uninteresting.

I didn't think Luxio was that bad here. He seemed cool to me, tho if I had my way Clemont would've gotten Shinx instead just cuz I think it's cuter hee hee. Still, at least Luxio suited Clemont's team due to his gym's electric type specialty. ^^

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't think Luxio was that bad here. He seemed cool to me, tho if I had my way Clemont would've gotten Shinx instead just cuz I think it's cuter hee hee. Still, at least Luxio suited Clemont's team due to his gym's electric type specialty. ^^

I mean, why have him get a Luxio when he could've caught a Manectric or something else from OR/AS that would've made sense from a promo standpoint?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I mean, why have him get a Luxio when he could've caught a Manectric or something else from OR/AS that would've made sense from a promo standpoint?

I think maybe since Manectric were Jenny's main partner in Kalos, the writing staff didn't want Clemont to have one as well. As far as electric types go, Kalos had few in the first place, so Clemont catching a Luxio was his best shot at a new Pokemon.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I think maybe since Manectric were Jenny's main partner in Kalos, the writing staff didn't want Clemont to have one as well. As far as electric types go, Kalos had few in the first place, so Clemont catching a Luxio was his best shot at a new Pokemon.

Still, if he needed a new Electric Pokemon on his team, I don't see why he couldn't have called back his Heliolisk that he had basically abandoned at the Prism Tower.