• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Challenging SS Team

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I’m planning out my adventure team for HGSS for when it comes out in the US. I love the Pokemon walking behind you, so instead of using a crack-of-the-whip team of OUs, I’m going to use some favorites and need help determining movesets. Don’t ask me to evolve anyone or trade member out; this team resembles mine from the original Silver.

Quilava@Leftovers
Any nature that promotes Speed
- Flamethrower
- Will-o-wisp
- Protect
- Attract
His (or her) goal on the team is to lessen the strength of physical attackers and provide decent support. I refuse to evolve him, so does anyone have recommendations for this set? Too bad Typhlosion learns all of the good moves (ThunderPunch, ShadowClaw, Focus Blast).

Steelix@Leftovers
Sassy/Careful
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Toxic
My physical wall and a powerhouse member. His main goal is to cover the team’s weaknesses. He goes hand and hand with Quilava because they both revolve around stalling, but Steelix is more Offensively and Sturdily so.

Heracross@Muscle Band
Adamant/Jolly, preferred, but I’ll have to head butt to get him.
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
My team attacker who pretty much comes out when the others leave it an opening. Nothing much to say… oh, I’ll probably use Muscle Band over life Orb b/c the HP toll is a little high in an adventure setting.

Pikachu@Light Ball
Naïve/Timid/Hasty
- Surf/Fly
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot/Brick Break
- Substitute/Thunder Wave
I know what you’re thinking… Pikachu… really… Well, I want more of a challenge, so I’m not making a “tournament ready” team. Moving on, I’ll try to use the Pokewalker to get either a Flying or Surfing Pikachu (If you have one that’s my desired natures, PM me with offers, please. I have shinies of almost every hatchable Pokemon to offer=)) and adjust the moveset accordingly. Since I already have a large amount of physical attackers (more to come), I’m leaning more toward the Special Attacks. I’m also debating the third status inducer on the team or the Substitute.

Azumarril@Chice Band
Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Superpower
Another physical titan on the team. Also, the only member I intend on trading in from DPPt. When in HGSS can you connect with DPPt?

Crobat@Choice Specs
Modest
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Last edited:

Whiska

Banned
I'm going to help you with Azumarril, and I'll get to the rest later.

Azumarril@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def
Aqua Jet
Return
Brick Break
Ice Punch

You don't really need Aqua Jet and Waterfall. Aqua Jet OHKOs CBPardos if you ever encounter one since I'm pretty sure SE OHKOs. Return hits extremely hard and gets great coverage with Aqua Jet (Only Empoleon and Shedinja resist it if I'm correct). Brick Break hits bulky steels and can do massive damage Skarmory after he roosts, since he will be faster then you. Ice Punch is for coverage.

Azumarril is nowhere near fast and putting 252 EVs into speed would be a waste, but that's what Aqua Jet is for and makes him a really great revenge killer. 252 HP makes him suprisingly bulky too.

Goodluck!

Ampy

Light The Stars
I'm going to help you with Azumarril, and I'll get to the rest later.

Azumarril@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def
Aqua Jet
Return
Brick Break
Ice Punch

You don't really need Aqua Jet and Waterfall. Aqua Jet OHKOs CBPardos if you ever encounter one since I'm pretty sure SE OHKOs. Return hits extremely hard and gets great coverage with Aqua Jet (Only Empoleon and Shedinja resist it if I'm correct). Brick Break hits bulky steels and can do massive damage Skarmory after he roosts, since he will be faster then you. Ice Punch is for coverage.

Azumarril is nowhere near fast and putting 252 EVs into speed would be a waste, but that's what Aqua Jet is for and makes him a really great revenge killer. 252 HP makes him suprisingly bulky too.

Goodluck!

Whiska! <3

Ok, I personally suggest using SDCross over CB/ScarfCross.

Heracross@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Megahorn
Stone Edge

Pretty much speaks for itself.

Your Quilava looks... weird.

Quilava@Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
EVs: 252 Spe/ 116 Atk/140 SpA
Eruption
Flamethrower
Brick Break
HP Ghost

Probably horrible, but I'm extremely tired (4 hours of doing a project). Eruption will do... decent damage, Flamethrower for a reliable STAB, and Brick Break and HP Ghost get unresisted coverage.

dragonmasta

crobat could be mixed?

crobat @ life orb
naive/hasty
brave bird/hynosis depends as i can not found out a way to get them both on it. :(
heatwave
shadow ball
confuse ray/toxic/aerial ace depends on what you chose in the first slot. status if you choose Bave bird AA if you choose hynosis

it is not standard but it works for me

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Whiska! <3

Ok, I personally suggest using SDCross over CB/ScarfCross.

Your Quilava looks... weird.
QUOTE]

I like the SD Heracross; I'll give it some thought.

Now with Quilava, the moveset was pretty good. He's an awkward Pokemon to work with, but I love him all the same. And wierd is how I'd describe him too.

Now the Crobat set being mixed is a good idea, but I won't breed for the egg moves. Maybe I could switch Brave Bird for Air Slash?

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Hmm... Modest or Timid?

dragonmasta

modest as its S.at isn't the best but its speed is actually quite good

AlCario

Banned
In my humble opinion, special Crobat needs Nasty Plot to perform reasonably well. Also, make him Timid. You might as well take advantage of his strengths.

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I think I'll go with... Hold on... Let me check Serebii's Pokedex...

I'll make it Modest because even a neutral Speed is a good one for Crobat. Let me edit my first post...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Trust me. Timid means you can reach a speed tie with Jolteon, and at +2 the extra power isn't really needed so much.

But there aren't Timid EVd Jolteon's running around in ingame Johto......

Ampy

Light The Stars
^If you're going by that logic, then we're allowed to give crappy sets like:

Crobat
Fly
Posion Jab
Aerial Ace
Brave Bird

So, yeah no

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Keep Modest. Only time you'll ever see use for the Timid is Battle Tower, where even then Jolteons don't appear on 100% of teams.

Besides, what will you do that turn anyway? Switch, right?

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Modest it is then! Anything else?

AlCario

Banned
Keep Modest. Only time you'll ever see use for the Timid is Battle Tower, where even then Jolteons don't appear on 100% of teams.

Besides, what will you do that turn anyway? Switch, right?

It's not just Jolteon. Alakazam, Weavile, and many others as well. The point is, you should usually make the most of the stat that doesn't recieve the boost; i.e. giving Crobat a Timid nature.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
But those guys will knoeck Crobat out anyway, so what's the point?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Buuuuuuut Crobat's attacking skills are mediocre! Will it KO them in that time?