• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Chansey Operation (047)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The doctor in this episode really reminded me of Brock lol. I also loved seeing all the different kinds of Pokemon in this episode even if they were injured :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but I enjoyed when Ash's friends took over the hospital and when they helped the Dodrio. :)

I felt bad for Dodrio's heads cuz them being all knotted up looked painful hee hee. Also, Weepinbell having a Voltorb stuck in its mouth seemed painful as well and risky given how Voltorb have short fuses. ^^;

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Tbh, in a perfect world, Brock would've been mentored by the doctor here and it would've been foreshadowing for his doctor goal at the end of DP.

Actually that would've been so cool from my perspective, tho sadly Dr Proctor spent most of his time asleep here and we didn't get to see him practice medicine or help Brock hee hee. Still, I thought him getting knocked out was pretty funny.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Actually that would've been so cool from my perspective, tho sadly Dr Proctor spent most of his time asleep here and we didn't get to see him practice medicine or help Brock hee hee. Still, I thought him getting knocked out was pretty funny.

He was pretty awesome when he cut the glass bottle that Jessie threw at him in half with his scalpel, though. I'll at least give him that lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the scene where Chansey kept bringing random items to Meowth, who simply wanted his coin.

They might've seemed random in the dubbed episode, but in the original Lucky was bringing Nyasu items that sounded like koban (his head coin).

Daizy

I call you honey
Why was the hospital even closed when they're meant to be open 24/7? I don't even get why the Pokemon Center wasn't available here either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why was the hospital even closed when they're meant to be open 24/7?

In Japan, some hospitals do in fact take days off. So the fact that the medical center in this episode was closed for the day was a reference to that practice.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine filler episode. Nice to see Ash and friends take role as nurses to help out the injured Pokémon. Dr. Proctor was a fine character. I do agree with Dr. Proctor that Ash needs to take his own responsibility on Pikachu. Ash may be learning the ropes still as it's early in the series, but yeah, looking after your own Pokémon is a big responsibility, especially when eating. And Pikachu should know by now that you really shouldn't eat a whole apple without chewing.

The George Clooney wannabe doctor seemed incompetent since Ash and pals did all his work for him. Meowth losing his coin served him right for being such a crook.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vipsoccermaster said:
Dr. Proctor was a fine character.

In the dubbed version at least, but he came off as slightly creepy in the Japanese version since he made comments about Kasumi that seemed to imply that he was flirting with her.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A pretty boring filler episode. I liked we finally got to see a hospital for humans and Ash and friends helping tend to the injured Pokemon. I wonder if Brock's eventual decision to become a Pokemon doctor was influenced by this.
6.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I wonder if Brock's eventual decision to become a Pokemon doctor was influenced by this.
6.5/10

I don't think it was since he never mentioned his little misadventure at this hospital again. I think that this episode was probably too far in the past to really influence his decision to become a doctor, anyway.

This episode felt more calm than most Kanto episodes since the hospital setting was different from what we had seen before. I didn't think that Ash and his friends should have had jobs there though. The doctor falling asleep put all the responsibility on Ash and his friends and since they had no medical experience, the whole situation could've turned out really bad. They're just lucky that nothing serious happened.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I didn't think that Ash and his friends should have had jobs there though. The doctor falling asleep put all the responsibility on Ash and his friends and since they had no medical experience, the whole situation could've turned out really bad. They're just lucky that nothing serious happened.

But some of the Pokemon might've died had Satoshi and his friends not intervened. They might not have had experience with medical facilities, but they pretty much had to try otherwise things would've become worse.

I didn't like how the doctor was supposed to the main character here yet he spent most of the episode asleep. Not that watching Ash, Misty and Brock playing doctor wasn't exciting but the episode could've been much better. I didn't like how Jessie and James were allowed to just walk around unsupervised too because they tried to steal so many Pokemon and deserved some punishment. Only Meowth ended up getting his just desserts by the end. 5/10

Not a fun episode. In the beginning Ash was acting like a jerk and the doctor was creepy.