• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Chansey Operation (047)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Chansey Operation!

After Pikachu gets an apple stuck in it's throat, Ash & co. rush it to a hospital. After being treated, they hear of a traffic accident that has left many Pokémon injured so Ash & Co. are recruited to help treat the Pokémon. Can they do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

M

meggirl63

You know, I wouldn't mind if Dr. Proctor gave me a check-up! ;-) Oh, I liked the part where Pikachu got better from having the apple removed from his throat.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Well, if you got an entire apple yanked out of your throat, I imagine you'd feel better afterward too.

It amazes me that 4Kids found a way around the whole "Chansey-can't-fetch-Meowth's-charm" gag, considering all the Japanese words one would need to know to really understand it. At least one line seemed to make sense ("Get me my charm back! I'll pay any price!...I said 'price', not 'rice'!")

M

meggirl63

Jesse GS the II said:
Well, if you got an entire apple yanked out of your throat, I imagine you'd feel better afterward too.

It amazes me that 4Kids found a way around the whole "Chansey-can't-fetch-Meowth's-charm" gag, considering all the Japanese words one would need to know to really understand it. At least one line seemed to make sense ("Get me my charm back! I'll pay any price!...I said 'price', not 'rice'!")

Really? If Dr. Proctor removed an apple from my throat, I'd ask him out for a date as a form of repayment.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Ah, Dr. Poison aka. Dr. Proctor. Same VA as Victor (the surfer, not the Winstrate), and Odion from Yu-Gi-Oh!. His voice is cool.

Poor Meowth and his charm.
"The Stretcher Catcher"

I was thinking of some stuff to say, but I forgot. I'll come back later.

8/10

Sebok

Banned
I always wondered what Meowth would look like without his charm, I like him better without it. (hey, does it "grow" from his head, cause I thought that might have been why he was crying)

I was shocked when James got ready to kill Ash, they've already stated that they don't have real lives before this, right?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This is definitely another one of those episodes where it's nice to see the twerps and Team Rocket getting along and working together, even if it was just for a little while. It's too bad it's so rare nowadays, but I'm glad they've had their civil episodes. It's also nice how Arbok and Weezing refused to attack after they'd been taken care of by the chanseys. The part where chansey kept handing Meowth the wrong things was pretty funny too.

Heracross

Custom User Title
An interesting lack of continuity in this ep. Kojirou apparently forgot about Biriridama's tendency to explode, even though he was the first one to realize this danger back in episode 32.

I really like this ep., if only just for the fact that it was one of the first three eps. I ever saw (right after Sparks Fly for Magnemite and Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon)

Episodes like this are proof that fillers do not have to suck and can be quite entertaining, it's just that AG sux is all. :)

Crystal Clair

This was one interesting episode! Of course I tried to only see 3/4ths of it.
Yes, I just saw this episode today for the first time every
Ouch, I'm surprised Pikachu didn't die from the apple
All the needles made me light-headed in this episode, I'm so easily sickened.
I liked how Ash almost tried to capture the Dodrio after he weakened it. Heh, funny.

S_P

Soul Trainer
James had one scary large needle, I can say that for sure.

Quite frankly I'd be terrified if I were strapped like that with a giant needle in front of me. :p Yay go Chansey lol.

Is it just me or is this like one of the only times Pikachu says "a" or "ah"? It has said pi, ka, cha, chu, pika, pikachu, pikapi (which actually means Satoshi or Ash o_O), etc. I don't recall Pikachu saying "ah" anywhere else. So I thought that was pretty cool. I don't know what a pokemon that doesn't have an "ah" sound in their name could follow the doctor's instruction of saying ah.

I always wondered, what were the japanese jokes with Lucky mistaking what Nyasu wanted?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I've always wondered. Wouldn't Meowth notice the konban is stuck in his forhead?

L

lightspeed

This episode is not bad. I like the part where they treated the injured pokemon, it was cool...

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
well it was one of my favorite kanto episodes, one of my favorite parts was when the dodrios heads were tied together.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I liked this episode, but poor Ash nearly got killed by Team Rocket. But it was nice to see Team Rocket/Ash and Co work together again. And yes it was very funny to see Ash forget not to capter the Pokemon LOL.

Saga

Beginning Trainer
Quick question about this episode. Does anyone know if it's chronologically accurate? I mean, in the previous episode (46 - Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon) we see Ash finding Togepi (as an egg), and in the following episode (48 - Holy Matrimony), Brock is holding the egg (much like in the end of episode 46). This pattern, of seing Togepi's egg with the group is maintained in the following episodes too, until it actually hatches.

This brings me to this episode... it just seems "crammed" in the middle of the Togepi raising episodes because, as far as I can remember, there's no sign of Togepi whatsoever.

I'm assuming the whole thing took place BEFORE Ash found the egg... though when exactly, I'm not sure. Any ideas?

LuciRuki

Born This Way
this one has to be one of my fav pokemon ep... very realistic having a human hospital instead of always a pokemon one. i liked how team rocket pitched in and help the 'twerps' out. very good plot. 9.3/10

JONNO.FRESH

i didnt really like this epi. I thought it was kinda boring.4/10