• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Heracross said:
And cute filler girls make a happy Hera~

"girls" was plural.... were you calling the old lady cute? 0_o

Though, I gotta say, I liked her as far as filler characters go. I just find those anime elders that give the impression of "I'm wise beyond your years and could easily whoop your sorry a** to no end thanks to my vast amounts of skill and knowledge" to be very cool (well... she was a sensei in potion-making, after all).

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yamato-san said:
"girls" was plural.... were you calling the old lady cute? 0_o
Lol, no. XD I just meant filler girls in general and Momoko fits into that category... Except now that I think about it she actually wasn't a filler girl was she? XP

Oh well, you get the point.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Heracross said:
Brushing his Numakuro?!
I was wondering "what" exactly he was supposed to be brushing. Unless it was some kind of sponge brush that helped keep its skin moist.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
I'm happy that Mudkip finally evolved... isn't this the first time all 3 starters have evolved in one series?

Diamond and Pearl

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
V Faction said:
It took 130 episodes!!! Why bother changing it!?

To show us there's still hope for Corphish and Combusken! That is why!

And yes, I do know how much you dislike their evolutions.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Didn't notice this yesterday.

Don't peg me for that! I don't see any harm in Corphish evolving, nor Combusken (down the line). If it means furthering their growth, so be it!

But Mudkip... That thing was a lost cause as far as I was concerned. I had pegged them for not letting it grow. I saw it as having missed its mark. In my mind, it was destined to stay Mudkip forever and have only that stinkin' Water Gun as its attack.

And then they evolve. And my sentiments are, "Why bother?" There was no reason. No calling. Mudkip evolving had absolutely NO effect on the plot, story, or otherwise. Evolving Mudkip after 130 episodes is like forgetting to buy someone a birthday gift, admitting to them you forgot, and then buying the gift two weeks from then! Mudkip evolving certainly didn't make me feel any better, even though its gift (See: Mud Shot) was nice.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because it would make Brock look left behind with Ash's Sceptile and May's Combusken.

When it was Grovyle/Combusken and Mudkip it was fine, since Ash/May are the main characters who are always battling and their Pokemon deserved to evolve.

However once the writers planned for Grovyle to evolve again, leaving Mudkip as it is just felt off.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Listen, if 130 episodes isn't reason enough to show that they don't give a damn, I don't know what is.

Really, you say it yourself sometimes Cyber, when was the last time they gave two shits about Brock? So don't use that as an argument against me.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well what else? To make it seem a little less obvious that the writers don't care about Brock?

His team is stale, it always has been stale. The only interesting Pokemon on his team was Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, and he left after Hoenn ended.

Foretress is a lost cause, but nothing can be done with it as its already an evolved form. Bonsly is a new D/P advertisement, so that can be shoved down our throats without a problem. As for Mudkip, why not give it a new coat of paint to make it semi-more interesting? It was the only option available.

Now in the BF saga Brock has two newish Pokemon, a Marshtompt and a Bonsly. Makes it seem on par with May's two new Pokemon (Squirtle/Eevee), and Ash's two new Pokemon (Sceptile/Donphan).

Or maybe the writers just evolved Mudkip out of boredom. Who knows.

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
Or maybe the writers just evolved Mudkip out of boredom. Who knows.
Okay, I'm quoting this first 'cause I enjoyed it so much.

As for Mudkip, why not give it a new coat of paint to make it semi-more interesting? It was the only option available.
Because honestly, if they gave a damn they wouldn't be so neglective in the first place.

I believe someone used the analogy of throwing darts at a board and seeing where they landed to determine evolution. I like that analogy.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Finally, Mudkip evolves! I've bben waiting for this for a very long time!

A Marshtomp suits Brock. I don't know why, but it does. I'm happy Mudkip evolves!

Anyways, Brock would do good with a Marshtomp. It would probably learn Mud Shot, which is a good attack.

I can't wait to see this episode! I have a hunch it's gonna be so cool!

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
So the episode really has nothing to do with love? Good. At least 4Kids won't try to name it "Love, Flaafy style!"

WTH have you been the past two months? 4Kids isn't dubbing this episode, PUSA is. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this episode looks to be a really interesting one because Mudkip evolves, considering its one of the neglected Pokemon Brock has.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see Brock's Mudkip evolve into Marshtomp, although I hate to see Marshtomp get all lovey-dovey like his trainer. It was funny how Mime Jr is always happy. Poor TR getting hit with 4 Thunders. It was good to see Mariah and the other guy (forgot his name) work together.