• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

The only complaints I have about this episode is Max and Meowth's voice. Jessie, James, Brock and May's new voices are pretty good in my book. Ash could use some work, but I'll get used to it.

the purple-shirted boy strongly reminds me of someone from Fire Emblem.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Momoko = Mariah ...my prediction of Maria was actually pretty close! I wasn't able to catch Ryuuta's dub name, though. Anyone catch it?

Brock's voice actually felt like a step backwards in this, but May's is getting better.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, this episode was okay for the most part. As I said before last year, just very happy that Mudkip finally evolved (since it was the last to evolve of the three starters). Momoko was such a cuttie and Ryuta was...Well, I guess I have that thing for filler boys. And (even though it pains me to say this) I'm starting to get used to the voices now.

Cobalt_Latios

I feel bad I missed the dub episode today... And it has my all time favorite Pokemon in it. :( Does anyone know when it will air again?

-;179;
Not to worry, it's on YouTube. That's where i saw it today. Ash is starting to improve, as well as Brock, May and J&J. Max has also improved, but... Meowth just isnt what it used to be. Meowth even reminds me of the first Meowth, the one before Maddie.

For the episode, twas funny how Brock's Marshtomp suddenly fell in love with Maria's Flaaffy. Kinda like how his Ludicolo had a crush on that Mawile. Im starting to sense a pattern here. Also, when Max went to pull Brock's ear, i think Mays suddenly popped in and dragged Marshtomp and Brock away. Personnaly, i think May should be doing this. Hopefully in D/P Hikari will take over that role. Max is too short.

Also, it was kinda funny how Ash's Grovyle uses Bullet Seed, causes Team Rocket to fly off into a boat in a river, then the boat falls off a waterfall. Real unlucky. Also, I think Mime Jr. does a better role than Chimecho ever could, copying everything is quite entertaining. Though James still sounds like he has a cold.

All in all, a decent episode. Starting to improve.

~C_L~

HoennMaster

Is it just me or do all older people in the PUSA dub have 30 year old voices? Not bad of an episode though.

And the guy's name was McCauley, weird name.

Last edited:

~Battle Frontier~

<-- Wolf Whistle
In this episode, May reffered Ground type Pokemon as EARTH type Pokemon, lol.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
For the episode, twas funny how Brock's Marshtomp suddenly fell in love with Maria's Flaaffy. Kinda like how his Ludicolo had a crush on that Mawile. Im starting to sense a pattern here.
*Waits for Bonsly to fall head-over-heels for a Minomucchi in Shinou*
Wasn't it Max?

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
This episode was reasonably good for a filler. The voices are getting easier to listen to as well. FINALLY Brock's Mudkip evolves, like, TWO seasons after Grovyle and Combusken. The old lady had the same name as me. It's okay, cuz she's really smart to have figured out how electricity affects herbal medicine.

Oh, and Mime Jr. is the CUTEST thing!!!!!!! ^_^!

This episode was reasonably good for a filler. The voices are getting easier to listen to as well. FINALLY Brock's Mudkip evolves, like, TWO seasons after Grovyle and Combusken. The old lady had the same name as me. It's okay, cuz she's really smart to have figured out how electricity affects herbal medicine.

This is Not a filler episode, A filler is when Nothing that effects the story happens, Mizugorou's Evolution is something twords the story.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I turned this episode off about halfway into it. The voices are just terrible. I saw what I need to...Mudkip evolved; TR tried to steal the potions; Marshtomp no doubt saved the day along with the gaggle of electric pokemon involved.

Damn...someone needs to have an Ampharos...they're pretty cool.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, thanks to Cartoon Network and their week-later (or two weeks) reruns, I finally got to see this episode. It was a bit unfortunate that I saw it out of order, because the new voices have improved episode to episode and this was definitely a step backwards. Overall, though, the story was pretty good. I loved May saying that evolving has turned Marshtomp into Brock Junior, Team Rocket saying they're naked after their disguises (but not their uniforms) are blown off, Meowth deciding not to make a comment about Jessie bickering about what kind of man James is, and Ash being totally confused about love at the end. :D At least the dub writing has seemed to have gotten sharper this season, I've heard some pretty good zingers this weekend (see my review for "May's Egg-Cellent Adventure").

Also, as far as voices go, I remember people complaining when "Abandon Ship" first aired that Marshtomp (in its first anime appearance) didn't sound like an older Mudkip (its voice was still too high). Whether one likes Marshtomp's new voice or not, at least the complainers got their wish.

Overall, 8/10. Now I just have to catch "Absol-ute Disaster" when they rerun it on CN, and I'll be all caught up with the Pokemon episodes.

Last edited:

Knight_Ram

Yeah, this episode was really good! I cant wait to see Brock get a Swarmpert. It would be a good pokemon to let his fanily look after and own at the gym. Other than that.

This episode was actually kind of boring, I thought that they would have had Brocks Marshtomp on the show more often. But they didnt. So im going to give it a 7/10. It would have been a 8 but it didnt show much of Marshtomp so its a 7.

Cobalt_Latios

When they aired it here in Canada, that mistake was actually fixed.

Seems that there is some good for us.

~C_L~

Ooh, I really liked this one. Marshtomp imitating Brock was pretty funny.

Knight_Ram

I was re watching some Pokémon battle frontier episodes and had a laugh while watching this episode, great to see Marshtomp being just like its trainer.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Great that mudkip evolved, but I mean All the way into the Battle Frontier, Nice to see a second Brock. Then the whole pharmicist bit kinda dropped down the episode.

GDE

Palette Professor
I agree, i hated the pharmacist part DX