• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Chip Off The Old Brock (425)

NPT

Just a member
A Chip Off the Old Brock!

It's great to see Mudkip finally evolveing into Marshtomp and learning Mud shot. I liked this episode's Cotd Maria, she was cute, and Hot too. It was hilarious when Marshtomp grasped Flaffy's paws and Brock grasped Mariah's hands to show attraction, Mariah's facial expression was priceless. May was right about Marshtomp being a Brock Jr. xD
Too bad Brock and Marshtomp had to leave them in the end, poor guys.

Overall, it was an OK episode with a few funny moments. The voice acting was a little better, but Max referring Mud Shot(a Ground-type move) as an "Earth-type" move was stupid! that was a silly dub error. Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as the "Arbok evolving into Seviper" error in "A Fan With a Plan!".

Last edited:

zhixun

Finally Mizugorou evolves into a Numacraw after a long time. It is funny that although he added his flirty side in addition to his original character. But still only learning Mud Shot is not good enough and he should have learn some other powerful water/ ground type moves.

That was a quick* evolution for Mudkip
* - as in not even five minutes in to the episode

I'm baffled how electricity makes medicine 'better'...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Grovyle battling Mudkip and inducing its evolution was a good start, but those COTD's and their drama just didn't interest me much. I did think it was cute that Brock's Marshtomp fell in love with Flaaffy though and seeing Team Rocket disguise Meowth and Wobbuffet as a Snorlax made me cackle. TR lifting the house with their balloon was funny as well.

JudySpell

Banned
Mudkip evolving was overdue but Marshtomp didn't seem that much better in his new stage. I just expected Marshtomp to be much stronger. 5.5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was cool to see Brock's Mudkip evolve into Marshtomp, although I hate to see Marshtomp get all lovey-dovey like Brock. It was funny how Mime Jr is always happy. Poor TR getting hit with 4 Thunder attacks.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, I wish. Mudkip evolving to Marshtomp here was a miracle itself. I don't even get why he evolved so late. :mad:

Hmmm my best guess is that since Brock rarely got a chance to battle, perhaps the writing staff just didn't feel compelled enough to have his Mudkip evolve until now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice seeing Mareep, Mokoko, and Denryu all together, and the medicine subplot was reminiscent of that Kanto Paras episode. I was excited to see Takeshi's Mizugorou evolve since I'm a fan of Numacraw, and him and Takeshi getting sad when they saw Momoko and Ryuuta's Mokoko and Denryu's teamwork was funny.

That was a rather random evolution. There was no build up to it at all but I suppose that they had to do something with Brock. The episode it self was pretty okay for a rather random episode.

Yeah Mudkip evolving after not doing anything in all of Hoenn was random. Brock's Marshtomp was hardly any better so I don't know why it had to debut here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yeah Mudkip evolving after not doing anything in all of Hoenn was random. Brock's Marshtomp was hardly any better so I don't know why it had to debut here.

Takeshi's Mizugorou hadn't been given much of a chance to shine in Houen, which is exactly why it deserved to evolve here. It didn't seem random to me.

Daizy

I call you honey
With the ingredients that the COTD's used to make the Pokemon medicine and then having the Pokemon use electricity on the potion, I was reminded of Hocus Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Numacraw suddenly gaining a funny personality here after he had evolved seemed odd, because we hardly saw that side of his character again after this installment.

RetroPokeFan

This one was kind of alright but nothing too special either. Shame Brock's Marshtomp barely did much of anything except fade away into the ever so dark background after this episode.

Also dang, Mariah's VA couldn't sound any more bored if she tried (although the "What strange people!" quote had me laughing).

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Decent episode I guess, Mudkip evolving was the best part"

Episode: 5/10

Also, for the people who complained about not catching new Pokémon for 100+ episodes, Brock's Marshtomp used a new move (other than Water Gun) after 100+ episodes.