• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Claim To Flame! (268)

NPT

Just a member
A Claim to Flame!
The Johto league begins in this episode, I thought it gave the Silver Conference a good start. After registering, Ash meet up with his rival Gary was in the Silver Coference .... It was nice to see Ash and Gary finally respecting each other. Seeing the Pokemon league president Mr. Goodshow was nice as well.
Ash and Salvador's battle was interesting, I liked how Pikachu jumped on Furret's back and used Thunderbolt on it. I thought it was cool to see Ash be able to run the torch again like he did in Indigo Plateau.
During the battle, Misty said that Furret is a ground type, but it's actually Normal type! Oh well .....that was one of the silly errors of the 4kids dub.
Team Rocket, as always was trying to capture Pikachu and interfere in Ash's business, but they got blasted off ...... Again!
I liked the scene where Ash was running with the torch at the end, it was cool.

zhixun

Great episode indeed as we see the mutual respect between Satoshi and his rival Shigeru. Love seeing that Rocket is actually disguise as a worker just like the Indigo league and when the boss kick them out when he discovers the four stealing food. Rocket trying to stop Satoshi getting the torch was unnecessary in my opinion.

Zamin

Wow, it definitely looked like a romance between Gary and Ash!

Great episode and it is nice to see Ash make it to the semis!

Furret is a normal type, not a ground type.

Cool to see that Ash and Gary have a mutual respect for each other at this point. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was happy to see Mr Goodshow again as well as Gary. Him speaking with Ash and acting more serious than usual was cool and I also liked how Pikachu defeated that other kid's Furret. ^^

Nice to see that Ash's rivalry against Gary was as strong as ever. Mr. Goodshow coming back was a nice treat too, but he didn't do much. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'm glad that Gary came to Ash's rescue in this episode. I really liked Ash's battle against Furret too. At least it and Pikachu both got some serious fighting in. Too bad we didn't get to see more of Phanpy's battle, though.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The Pikachu versus Furret battle was intense and all, but I always dislike when the writers constantly use the same attack pattern over and over again. And yeah, Gary didn't seem like such a jerk this episode and I liked the way TRio went blasting off.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Pikachu versus Furret battle was intense and all, but I always dislike when the writers constantly use the same attack pattern over and over again. And yeah, Gary didn't seem like such a jerk this episode and I liked the way TRio went blasting off.

At least we finally saw a Furret on the show lol. Before this episode, we only saw one in the Entei movie for 5 seconds.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi was reunited with Shigeru here, which was pleasant if only because Shigeru irritated Satoshi. I also liked how we got to see Hanako again when Satoshi called Okido-hakase, and the Shirogane Conference's opening ceremony was lots of fun. Pikachu versus Ohtachi in the preliminaries was exciting too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I wonder why the writers suddenly decided to add the preliminary round to the Jouto League here. The Sekiei League didn't have that; instead, it jumped right into three versus three matches.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Not that special of an episode except the scenes between Gary and Ash. I loved the scene where they were sitting by the lake. It was emotional in a nostalgic way and shows how much both of them have matured over the past 5 years.

As much as I adore Team Rocket, their second appearance in this episode really wasn't necessary.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
As much as I adore Team Rocket, their second appearance in this episode really wasn't necessary.

I found all of their Jouto League appearance somewhat bland, but I did like the fact that them selling souvenirs later on kept them preoccupied for a while. It was better than then constantly interfering with Satoshi.

The scene of Gary and Ash talking is nice and it shows how much development both of them had and they finally gain respect for each other. I'm sad that the torch tradition was never really expanded on in future leagues but it was awesome to see Ash light the torch.
Misty, Furret isn't a ground type. Why do Ash's companions make such blatant errors when it comes to this conference.