• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Clash?! BluePoké Maniacs! (1170)

RafaSceptile

Remember hearing about how there's pretty much no naturally occurring blue foods besides blueberries and now I understand why, this is a affront to nature
How about Blue Tortillas?

como-hacer-tortillas-azules.jpg

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

TheWanderingMist

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
I'm sorry, did Go acquire that shiny Voltorb in the first [PIANO KEY] minute of the episode? Sure, completely effortless and totally won't get glossed over... owait. At least Ash worked for his shiny, and had competition for it to boot. Anywho, other than that the cast did naff all, heck even Wobbuffet noped his way out of the episode because of the Pokemaniac's antics, HOWEVER there was one positive I could give the two blokes, and that was the fact that we didn't have to deal with that bloody gacha. And whilst I'm on the TR tangent, them saying without Wobbuffet, the motto just fizzles out really says something, and now it's my headcanon that one reason for their reduced presence in Best Wishes can be attributed to their motto being less impactful as a result of Wobbuffet being left at TR headquarters. Honestly though, this episode was rather meh.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You are a cruel person. Luckily, I already knew to avoid searching for that.
That was not what I was going for. I legit saw these at Walmart and thought my kids would like them.

I didn't even think of that other thing until you just reminded me.

/Seriously, do not Google that phrase.

Episode review time: It was a fun episode. Definitely filler and something that could be skipped, but still a fun watch. Loved Wobbuffet and Peliper nope-ing TF out of there. The Pokemaniacs where...strange, and I loved how Chloe and Goh threw shade. Especially Chloe. As usual, James presents well as a woman, and I honestly didn't recognize him at first.

Final rating - enjoyable, but would skip on a rewatch.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Risrhayne

You know, I actually found this episode to be pretty good. The Pokemaniacs were hilarious in trying to see whose interpretation was superior. Their whole arc just oozed with “ACKSHUALLY” energy, even if the coincidence of these two going to the same places got annoying.

I didn’t really like how the creepiness of them was played for laughs though. Eevee was literally shaken to tears when the first guy started hugging her and the second dude straight up said he wanted a body pillow of Wobbs. I don’t blame Pelipper for getting the heck outta there.

But what really hurt this episode was the animation. Holy crap did this one look bad. Other than that one tiny bit when Ash directed a thunderbolt, this was painful to watch.

…but James was working that outfit, lowkey. Homie knows how to wear lipstick.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
This episode put an unapologetic smile on my face. I wasn't expecting much so my expectations were immediately exploded upon by a shiny Voltorb. I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did. The pokemaniac's antics were amazing. They traumatized three Pokemon and it was amazing. Body pillow Wobbuffet was not something I was expecting this or any Pokemon anime to bring up. They totally stole the whole episode and I was forced along this ride just like the trio. I also wound up enjoying it just like the trio. What a fun episode.

8/10