• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

gohan5

Irisboy
Yanappu hitting him just seemed a bit much (in a cringe worthy way). Then I went on to list all of Dento's immense grief throughout his journey. You need to think like Dento a bit more. XD Of course he goes on frolicking through monocots, eudicots, and ferns on his merry way, but the pain that he has endured throughout his epic journey is terrible and very, very "d'aaaaaaaw"-worthy. He's a gentle prince. Who smells of grass on pleasant spring day.

I'd be more inclined to believe that if Dento's opponent was Masaomi and not Stephan. It didn't hurt anything and Dento and Stephan say well done, so no not really too much. Now Iris's loss to Masaomi almost seemed much after seeing her and Excadrill beat Burgundy earlier. But then I remembered how Excadrill is weak to Fighting type moves, of which Throh used a lot of powerful ones.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'd be more inclined to believe that if Dento's opponent was Masaomi and not Stephan. It didn't hurt anything and Dento and Stephan say well done, so no not really too much. Now Iris's loss to Masaomi almost seemed much after seeing her and Excadrill beat Burgundy earlier. But then I remembered how Excadrill is weak to Fighting type moves, of which Throh used a lot of powerful ones.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm talking about this:

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/5-16.png[/IMG139]

He looks like he's hurt there. Excadrill didn't slam into Iris..Dento looks like he's in a lot of pain but just like a true soldier he is braves it out!!! T_T

If your trying to debate with me, I'm too much in a state of sleep deprival to be reasoned with. XD

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I like tasting time though... it's actually makes Cilan pretty interesting. But man, Pansage took a beating after beating, to the point where Sawk seemed completely emotionless unlike the first episode of the Donamite tournament

gohan5

Irisboy
I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm talking about this:

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/5-16.png[/IMG139]

He looks like he's hurt there. Excadrill didn't slam into Iris..Dento looks like he's in a lot of pain but just like a true soldier he is braves it out!!! T_T

If your trying to debate with me, I'm too much in a state of sleep deprival to be reasoned with. XD

I'm familiar with the scene, he's fine. If anything he should be hurt about his Tasting Time, but not even a flinch about that either. So yeah not too much.

Yeah Excadrill just gets viciously pounded into the ground, he's not hurting. And Iris's look after was sad, but she's over it anyway.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
So Georgia, Burgundy, and Trip are all humble?

No. They are not. Doesn't change the fact that they are humbler than Iris, who spent the majority of early episodes demeaning Ash for his skill(while being an utter failure at that point herself- don't argue, it's true: disobedient Excadrill, weak Axew, and disobedient Emolga), and has bragged about how good she is to Georgia(who beat her twice, or technically thrice).

Trip is rather humble(he accepts that he is weaker than certain people), and isn't exactly arrogant. He considers Ash weak and incompetent, but look at their actual fights? He has beaten Ash badly(thus he sees Ash as weak) and he has noticed Ash failed hard at noticing what his pokemon need to do(noticing Oshawott's closed eyes, telling Ash to train Focus Blast).

The big thing here is that Burgundy doesn't claim to be great. Georgia, while styling herself a dragon buster, lives up to that title(annihilating any dragon shown so far).

Iris brags about how great she is yet is not actually as great as she claims. Georgia doesn't claim to be better than she is. Georgia is also ready to accept that she is childish, while Iris completely considers herself above being childish.

Iris is easily less humble than either.

haha yeah right. Iris handled her defeat to Masaomi in total respect, a person who wasn't humble wouldn't do that.

Um, that's not how humbleness works, friend.

gohan5

Irisboy
No. They are not. Doesn't change the fact that they are humbler than Iris, who spent the majority of early episodes demeaning Ash for his skill(while being an utter failure at that point herself- don't argue, it's true: disobedient Excadrill, weak Axew, and disobedient Emolga), and has bragged about how good she is to Georgia(who beat her twice, or technically thrice).

Trip is rather humble(he accepts that he is weaker than certain people), and isn't exactly arrogant. He considers Ash weak and incompetent, but look at their actual fights? He has beaten Ash badly(thus he sees Ash as weak) and he has noticed Ash failed hard at noticing what his pokemon need to do(noticing Oshawott's closed eyes, telling Ash to train Focus Blast).

The big thing here is that Burgundy doesn't claim to be great. Georgia, while styling herself a dragon buster, lives up to that title(annihilating any dragon shown so far).

Iris brags about how great she is yet is not actually as great as she claims. Georgia doesn't claim to be better than she is. Georgia is also ready to accept that she is childish, while Iris completely considers herself above being childish.

Iris is easily less humble than either.

She didn't demean Ash, where did this come from? She's his friend, saying she demeans him implies she doesn't like the guy. Why would she travel with someone she doesn't like? Iris is humble unless approached by someone like Burgundy or Georgia, who in case you haven't noticed, aren't winning miss congenialtiy themselves.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'm familiar with the scene, he's fine. If anything he should be hurt about his Tasting Time, but not even a flinch about that either. So yeah not too much.

But he's physically in pain. I'm not talking about his emotional stress now. Don't get me wrong, I love this scene....but it makes me sad to see him hurt. D=

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I wasn't referring to just losing, I was referring to getting his tasting time nonsense interrupted and then having Pansage smashed into him.
And Cilan does not even get fazed. I was wondering why the animators had Pansage getting slammed into Cilan, then I realized it was most likely to show how strong Sawk has become. Just like his battle all around against Pansage and the one against Sesmitoad showed. Delivering a Low Sweep so quick that Pansage is unable to dodge and powerful it sends Pansage flying at a very high speed that Cilan, in shock, is unable to react before his Pansage gets smashed into him. Basically the writers have been showcasing that Stephan's Sawk would be able to put up a fight against Masaomi's Throh seeing as they'll be battling in the final round.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
And Cilan doesn't even give a damn. I was wondering why the animators had Pansage getting smashed into Cilan, then I realized it was most likely to show how strong Sawk has become. Just like his battle all around against Pansage and the one against Sesmitoad showed. Delivering a Low Sweep so quick that Pansage is unable to dodge and powerful it sends Pansage flying at such high speed that Cilan, in shock, is unable to react before his Pansage gets smashed into him. Basically the writers have been showcasing that Stephan's Sawk would be able to put up a fight against Masaomi's Throh which makes sense that they would battle.

Yes exactly, I couldn't agree more. I had no problem with what happened to Cilan, it's not like he's in the hospital people.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Sure he is, and even if he is so what? It wasn't too much.

HE FELL ON THE GROUND AND COULD HAVE GOTTEN A CONCUSSIOn! *sniff*

I feel bad whoever takes my Dento-doting serious

@Raptor_Crow- probably, but he still got hurt T_T Couldn't they like...give him dizzy eyes or something so I could laugh at it instead of giving him that look of pain on his face?

gohan5

Irisboy
HE FELL ON THE GROUND AND COULD HAVE GOTTEN A CONCUSSIOn! *sniff*

I feel bad whoever takes my Dento-doting serious

@Raptor_Crow- probably, but he still got hurt T_T Couldn't they like...give him dizzy eyes or something so I could laugh at it instead of giving him that look of pain on his face?

Eh I could care less, let him be in a coma from a little fall. It was one of the best battles so far.

Graham Aker

She didn't demean Ash, where did this come from? She's his friend, saying she demeans him implies she doesn't like the guy. Why would she travel with someone she doesn't like? Iris is humble unless approached by someone like Burgundy or Georgia, who in case you haven't noticed, aren't winning miss congenialtiy themselves.

Regardless, she and Cilan are more braggadocious than Ash himself. At least, in this particular saga. I would like to see them both a bit more humble.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I'm all up for seeing Cilan experiencing pain (emotional or physical) because his way can't always be positive for him and it would also humble him. That's why I am really hoping his problem with Purrloin is a serious one.

It would make sense that Sawk's attacks are so powerful and swift due to all that harsh training he has gone through to improve his attack power's strength and speed. Basically all that training has paid off a lot for Sawk.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Regardless, she and Cilan are more braggadocious than Ash himself. At least, in this particular saga. I would like to see them both a bit more humble.

Now that I will agree with, I was just stating that she's hardly the most vain person this season. And Ash hasn't been that much of a bragger after the Kanto journey ended, not that he hasn't once or twice this season too. This season seems to be all about who can brag the most, and there are a lot of contenders.

I'm all up for seeing Cilan experiencing pain (emotional or psychical) because his way can't always be positive for him and it would also humble him. That's why I am really hoping his problem with Purrloin is a serious one.

Yes, you're like reading my mind now. I've always wanted something to humble him a little more, something even Skyla failed at. I too want the Purrloin thing to be serious, but I figure (if it ever gets mentioned again) it'll be a silly reason.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
That's why I'm really hoping his problem with Purrloin, whatever that terrible thing that happened was, is a serious one.

What about one crossing his path in Sommelier School and making him fail a test? because he walked into the wrong classroom

I'LL STOP, I'LL STOP!!! XDD But I agree, seeing some serious not my fantasies emotional/physical pain would be nice...and with a Purrloin would be even better. :) I hope they don't forget about that...

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
She didn't demean Ash, where did this come from? She's his friend, saying she demeans him implies she doesn't like the guy. Why would she travel with someone she doesn't like?

Hm, constantly patronizing him in the early series doesn't ring a bell to you? And Ash responded angrily to it as well.

Iris is humble unless approached by someone like Burgundy or Georgia, who in case you haven't noticed, aren't winning miss congenialtiy themselves.

If you are only situationally humble, you're not really humble at all. Iris is a self-important and pretty arrogant girl, and she, unlike her rival, doesn't actually match up to her arrogance.

Not to mention how hypocritical Iris is, as well.

Iris to Burgundy(prior to their match ending):"I will win this tournament!"
Georgia to Burgundy: "I will win this tournament!"

Iris: "What a child to say that when you haven't made it through the first round yet!"

Yeah, way to call yourself childish, Iris.

Also, it's pretty hard to be humble when your main sthick is to make fun of other people and say they are childish. You, by extension, put yourself as the more grown-up person. Iris catchphrase condemns her as a character very much needing to learn some humility.

gohan5

Irisboy
Hm, constantly patronizing him in the early series doesn't ring a bell to you? And Ash responded angrily to it as well.

If you are only situationally humble, you're not really humble at all. Iris is a self-important and pretty arrogant girl, and she, unlike her rival, doesn't actually match up to her arrogance.

Not to mention how hypocritical Iris is, as well.

Iris to Burgundy(prior to their match ending):"I will win this tournament!"
Georgia to Burgundy: "I will win this tournament!"

Iris: "What a child to say that when you haven't made it through the first round yet!"

Yeah, way to call yourself childish, Iris.

Also, it's pretty hard to be humble when your main sthick is to make fun of other people and say they are childish. You, by extension, put yourself as the more grown-up person. Iris catchphrase condemns her as a character very much needing to learn some humility.

When Ash tried to just throw a Pokeball at something without a battle? When Pikachu lost to Snivy? I would have belittled Ash at that point. The fact of the matter was that she was just teasing him and she was grateful to him and respected him, in case you didn't see at the end of those early episodes.

Iris is hypocritical, we all know that, it's called humor. You're taking that seriously? And Iris was right to call Langley out when she said she'd beat Iris, Iris in the second round and Langley wasn't. Besides, when she said that to Burgundy said girl had made the first unhumble move so I don't get what you proved. If Burgundy had been civil so would Iris, that's how it goes with these things. But I understand you just don't like Iris much, a shame but that's fine.