• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh noez, Stephone knows Cilan's weakness: Interrupt Evaluation Time. It's a deadly technique against Cilan.

Also, MAN, Georgia got taken down less than a minute it was anti-climatic.

It was, but if you looked at it from a game battle, the result would have been the same. Fire/Fight Pokemon against a Steel/Dark Type Pokemon... who would win that battle? Exactly. Kind of a cinch for Bianca this time. Neither Georgia's Beartic or Bisharp could outshine Bianca's Emboar in that situation.

It is disappointing for a well and alive character to get robbed out of a match. But what are ya gonna do? It is great to see Bianca showing some competition towards Ash, and showing how far she's come through.

Bye, Trip. We won't be missing you!

You mean you won't be missing him, not we thank you very much.

Too bad Trip lost the battle tough ? This episode was pretty good.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Apparently my iPod now recognizes 'clubsplosion' as an autocorrect word.

Azureth

Wow. I honestly never thought I'd see Fling used in the anime. What with the lack of hold items and all.

And Trip didn't get to face Ash. That's surprising. Though Ash would obviously lose for a stupid reason since he's not allowed to beat his rival until the league.

Predictions. Stephan, Ash, Bianca, and Throh guy win.

Lol. Interrupting evaluation time. XD

Well, at least they're mixing up how they mispronounce Stephan's name. But Stoovin?

Would it kill the writers to let Focus Blast hit just once in a while?

You know, Leer has been used for a long time, but it's rare for them to address the fact that it actually does anything.

Got all 4 right. Is there a point to these tournaments if they're so easy to predict? To think we could have had Team Plasma plot. :\

Sawk and Throh are going to the finals. Calling it now.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Cilan messed it up with his evaluation time being interrupted. Bianca is really lucky to get through two rounds, but now...

And Montgomery really means business with his Throh.

Yes! I love Bianca out of all the rivals, I mean who would have thought someone as bubbly as her could be tough? Some may call it luck, but I think Bianca will be tough competition in the future. :)

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I will admit that I feel bad for Trip, but I'd say his weakness is he lacks flexibility, which is why Bianca won since she was able to be flexible by using Fling in a way not expected as well as also taking away Conkeldurr's weapons and using them back on him to take him down.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode with some good battles. I was quite impressed at how easily Throh took down Excadrill.

Janovy

Banned
That was for plot convenience, remember, this is the pokemon that as a Drilblur beat 99 trainers in a row.......
Yeah, which was only added to the story to emphasize on how good of a team Iris and Drilbur were once they started training together.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So Bianca did manage to overcome Trip with Fling of all moves so that was interesting. Meanwhile, Burgandy and Georgia made me laugh today after their losses, it was amusing to see them throw their rattles out the pram as their rivals were successful (even though Iris went out in the same round).

Good to see the semi finalists. All really dominated in their matches, none were close but the semi finals really anticipate to be awesome!

Great episode, and its so fitting to have the episode in a colosseum-esque stadium when the olympics have just begun :D. On to next saturday!

TheEliteEmpoleon

None of the battles were even close! Good episode. I can take a good guess at who wins the tournament, but I won't say. The next episode is going to be really heated. I loved how Stoophin interrupted the evaluation time, and how Pansage knocked Cilan down!

lisalynn

I loved Bianca's use of Fling. Really great example of the move! Have we seen a lot of hold items? I don't remember anything specific, but I think it'd be cool to see things like Sticky Barb applied in battle. Are Krokorok's glasses red Black Glasses? xD

I soooo wish Iris would start developing as a character. She's a DRAGON MASTER IN TRAINING. She looks awesome! She has pkmn with awesome potential! I just want her to be awesome!! ...don't tell me if she gets awesome, though, I don't watch the sub and I try my hardest not to spoil anything for myself. :p

cg19293

All in all it was a great episode. I like how Georgia is friendlier towards the rest of the group while still being a rival to Iris, and how she's a bit less tolerant of Burgundy now (they seemed to be best mates at the last tournament).

I really enjoyed the battles too, particularly trip vs Bianca. The only thing that annoyed me was Scraggy''s Focus blast. I get that it's supposed to be inaccurate, but they could at least have made it look powerful enough to affect the terrain, rather than looking like a baloon popping.

Also I burst out laughing when Ash said that he "only just figured out" that they were all rivals. I felt sure that Iris would make fun of him for saying something so dumb

Last edited:

Battra

Well judging by how long all the battles took I get the feeling even the writer's were getting tried of this arc.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Man, I freaking LOVE these episodes. The battles are entertaining at least, but the best part by far is the interaction between all of the characters. Honestly, I think there's more chemistry with the combination of Ash, Iris, Cilan, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, and Burgundy than any other group of characters before. Georgia and Burgundy are a fantastic comedy duo. They need intensive therapy, but they're fantastic.

Oh, and am I the only one who is disappointed that the narrator pronounced Stephan's name right? And I swear, the tournament announcer called him "Stupid" at one point.

RVD_fan

The actual battles in this episode were kind of short and one-sided, but the interactions between all the characters was excellent. I think the Dub voice actors are really starting to come into their own and understand the characters.