• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A comic I made

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
Last edited:

Phoenix lord

Finally edited!
This comic is good 9/10! I don't know if it is just that i love mario and luigi games (they're fun) or it's just plain good. Can't wait for another comic!

Phoenix~;249;;228;

Zoom

Vooz-Vooz
It is a great comic but it needs some bigger font. It hurts my ittke eyes. Well Atleast it good.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Why can't people realize that number ratings don't help anyone?
Anywho, the sprites are from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

It's not a journey comic.
+points for that fact alone. Just brush up on your scripting.

Phoenix lord

Finally edited!
Comic 2 rocks! I am really starting to like this thread more and more! Not only are you a great spriter but you got a good plot unfolding hear! Any ways keep up the good work I'm looking foward to number three!

note: every thing that i had writen above is true i'm not just trying to be nice.

Phoenix~;249;;228;

1/10... couldhave been a LOT better... why was mario thinking of bacon? he should have been in little fungitown helping out. but, that toad in toad town, what did he have to do with this???

Phoenix lord

Finally edited!
1/10... couldhave been a LOT better... why was mario thinking of bacon? he should have been in little fungitown helping out. but, that toad in toad town, what did he have to do with this???

What! You got to be kidding this comic rocks! Those who play mario games should get the jokes. I think this is a really good comic and that SwampFarmer should make more.

Phoenix~;249;;228;

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
Mario was thinking about bacon because he loves food (and Luigi was frying some bacon in that pan), he wasn't in Little Fungitown because Little Fungitown is in the Beanbean kingdom (and not really his problem) and the toads were there because Toad town is the capital city of the Mushroom kingdom, and you would think that there would kinda be a few toads hanging around wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
No.
No.
No.
No.
And no.

It's not a journey comic. Points for that.
But the fact that every Mario comic uses M&L sprites makes you lose some.
And that the Bowser Jr. sprite isn't that good.
And you should always tell what the plot is from the first couple comics. None of that here.
And you also shouldn't need a narrorator to explain what's going on. You SHOULD be able to do that with the characters and speech bubbles.
Plus, your characters have no visible personality, and Mairo and Luigi have no dialouge.
And it isn't visible at all that Mario loves food/bacon, BECAUSE he has no dialouge. And work on your bacon sprites.

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
Mario and Luigi do have dialogue. It's just that they haven't really needed any in the first few comics. And I'm using Mario and Luigi sprites because they look ok and they already have a lot of customs.

Last edited:

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
New comic up. please ignore all the gibberish and the second thumbnail of #2. I tried editing it out and it didn't work. Oh by the way I won't be able to make the next one until the 12th of January.

Karoshi

Kao for Short
Alot of its wrong, you see Bowser doesn't Remember meeting Popple =/

and your style mixxing whats Never a good thing to do, that Baby Bowser, is from ML2PIT

I'll say 4/10

Last edited:

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
I know the Bowser Junior sprite is from PIT, in that game Baby Bowser looks almost exactly like him, and since when did people wake up from amnesia and not remember what happened while they had it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
In defense of Swampfarmer, I will say that it is indeed possible to portray someone as obsessed with food without the need for them to speak. I had figured that Mario loves bacon on the first strip; there's no other reason why there would be an enormous thought balloon pointed at Mario showing nothing but a huge strip of bacon. (There are other ways too, but it's really difficult in comics, since most ways involve subtle gestures.)