• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

minredd

Cartoonist
So it sounds like Pokabu was sent to Juniper's?

Nope, Tepig was there and getting tested. It looks like Pidove got the boot, since everyone else was there. Though you could find out that Snivy, Tepig and Scraggy stay by looking at the movie posters.

uber gon

Accept Change
Would've been nice to see Sawsbuck with the Herbivore ability.

Chimchar15

There's hardly ever been a even rivalry, heck, probably never, Paul won more matches against Ash, Barry and Ash only had one battle, the 2nd one finished before they could declare a winner(Monferno landed away from the field.

So yeah, unless Ash has an even rivalry with Shooti, or his possible rival belle, this should be, should've been a even rivalry, so yeah, she should of won.

Ash had a rivalry with Gary, Paul, and currently with Trip. All who he lost before finally defeating at the league and it looks to be going the same way for Trip. You also seem to forget that both May and Dawn had rivalries as well. While they handled a few of their rivals better than Ash did his ( Harley and Ursala) it was pretty much the same thing. Cilan didn't need to lose. Why just to have an even rivalry? Once again why must a main character only either lose or stay even with their rivals? I'm glad we have Cilan who is showing his rival what's what. There was absolutely no I repeat no reason for him to lose.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm just very interested with the Cabernet's pokemons' attacks...
Dewott knows water gun, water pulse, shell blade and a scratching move...is it fury cutter? I don't know Japanese.
Sawsbuck knows horn leech, megahorn and a kicking move...is it double kick?

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
It might not be right, but bulbapedia says Dwebble's ability is Sturdy, and I'm not sure we knew that before. Maybe this was shown when Dwebble didn't faint from Water Pulse?

pokefandt

I have a question what exactly is a pokemon sommelier? Since I speak no Japanese whatsoever I have no idea what they are saying on the show without subtitles.

Champion Jared 14

Cilan is quite a skilled battler...He swept through that ignorant child like so easily! People stop complaining, this girl was immature, bitter over her loss, and was going about her revenge against Cilan totally wrong. He had to beat her to teach her a lesson, and I'm glad she did. Great episode. The humor was there, her dissing Ash's pokemon was kinda funny and they attacked her, a bit too much talking before the battle, but the battle was good.

8/10

dman_dustin

To those who say Cilan should've lost, but do we really need some other underdog character on the main cast?

Isn't a bit more realistic that at least one of the main characters is "superior" to a trainer in the world, can beat them flat out without really trying, only to have him/her lose at the end of the series?

Yes, I did say it was too one-sided, but perhaps because I find it hard to believe that Cabaret is THAT weak, I mean Cilan lost to Ash's Oshawott, how did his skill raise to pretty much E4 level? So I would've liked to see some of Cilan's Pokemon taking damage, well I guess technically they did but they didn't seem all that affected. Cabaret losing easily to Cilan, makes me think if they didn't screw Ash over, he would beat Cabaret with near OHKO's. So maybe that's why I had trouble believing Cilan's sudden strength. If he's that powerful. then Ash should really train against Cilan, until Cilan can't beat Ash at all. Ash would then kick Trip's butt for sure if that happened.

VoltTacklingPika

I don't think it was a case of Cabaret being a weak trainer. I believe she was just too confident and reckless in the battle and let Cilan get under her skin a bit too much. Cilan himself had a similar problem against Ash, did he not? If I recall right, he thought the battle was pretty much over and was actually surprised Ash won in the end.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Sawsbuck is an awesome pokemon to have against Cilan. To have sawsbuck lose that easily and that hackedly is really stupid. glad I stopped watching.
I have to agree. Dewott still somehow put up a good fight but Sawsbuck's battle pretty sucks.

Though, I must say I'm glad to see him get a victory. Cilan seems to have a very lovely personality. :)

magicallypuzzled

cilan is sooo evil in this episodes it's amusing also i really liked all of ash's pokemon attacking that arrogant little girl.

As some people were saying you don't always see a pokemon like say snivy showing a fondness for ash but she was clearly ticked at something that girl was saying which probably had to do with her not being fit for ash.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Oh, man if I wasn't already thinking of Dento as my favorite character, this already cemented it. Normally, Dento's a nice guy, but when it comes to Sommeliering, he's completely reverts into Light Yagami mode.

-So we learned a lot about Sommeliers today. One is that a boy is Sommelier and a girl is Sommeliere like a Patissier. Another is that there are apparently Rankings to become an official Sommelier so I'd assume in order for Dento to become a full Sommelier, he'd have to get to Rank S. I'm curious to see how or if he will do that.

-Okay so Cabernet was a pretty fun character. I didn't like how stuck-up she was but I did like how outgoing she was. However, I laughed too hard when they all just attacked her like that. Oh Kurumiru. Your String Shot is always funny.

-Commercial from Dento: Pokemon Best Wishes....has been brought to you...BY THE FOLLOWING SPONSERS! (I can imagine him posing while doing this)

-"BONJOUR! TASTING TIME, S'IL VOU PLAIT!"
"Hm...It's...TASTING TIME!" *sparkle off*
I was honestly totally okay with the battle being one-sided because 1) Cabernet did trick and mess with Satoshi for the first part of the episode so she totally deserved it, 2) she lied about her Class and 3) Dento is above her in Class and completely outsmarted her.

-Yeah, given the way that episode ended, I'm sure she'll be back. In any case, we learned about Sommeliering so it wasn't going to be a filler anyway.

(How many fabulous poses was he striking today?)

Last edited:

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Cabernet is definitely an interesting girl, I'll say that much. Very animated, almost reminds of a Barry. Can't help but feel bad for her though, she seems to fail at life at the moment.

But Cilan was all sorts of awesome in this episode. Focused and confident, and he had some hilarious facial expressions. It also seems to take a lot to get his spirits down, or he really just doesn't care for Cabernet's taunting. But I loved him here, I hope we get more episodes focused around him. Oh, and Cress and Chili got a cameo! That made me smile. I love that gym leader trio.

I also liked that they went a little more in depth about what a Pokemon Sommelier is. There's a whole organization and ranking system! Glad they gave it this background information instead of just making it some kind of obscure term to give Cilan an excuse for a goal. Again, I hope they keep going somewhere with this.

The battle was alright, it was nice to see them settle a dispute by battling, which they should do more often. But there was a bit too much talking going on. Cilan also owned the match, but at this point it was meant to be that way.

Also have to wonder how they're going to dub "It's tasting time!" When I thought it was just Cilan's phrase, I didn't think much of it, but since all sommeliers seem to say this, I have to ponder on it.

Anyway, entertaining episode, passes in my book.

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

It might not be right, but bulbapedia says Dwebble's ability is Sturdy, and I'm not sure we knew that before. Maybe this was shown when Dwebble didn't faint from Water Pulse?

Oh yeah, they did say that. At one point she was sure she'd knocked Dwebble out, but because of Sturdy she hadn't I didn't realise we didn't already know that otherwise I would have mentioned it sooner...:p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Cilan's a pretty good battler, even if he only was the first gym leader.

Photos make it look good. I'll watch later.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
Oh, man if I wasn't already thinking of Dento as my favorite character, this already cemented it. Normally, Dento's a nice guy, but when it comes to Sommeliering, he's completely reverts into Light Yagami mode.
I disagree. Although his personality is different as a sommelier, he seems to be more passionate about it than cruel or evil.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Ok, a year ago Cabernet looses to Cilan and gets a negative 'tasting' (although she is clearly not remembering things exactly as they happened in the flash back).

One year on, she is doing black-market tastings in the back of a department store as a C-class sommelier (the proper one is seen, but not heard from), gives unnecessarily negative comments to Ash's team, accuses Cilan of running away from her when she went to re-challenege the gym (really, he was just traveling with Ash), shows off her badge 'nernerner' and then says she just wants revenge. You can't have a character like that and not let her be schooled. She's probably going to have to prove herself over the length of the series as a trainer and a sommelier.

Also, did anyone notice that Cilan was using Ash's strategy by not type- matching Dewott with Pansage and going with Dwebble instead? She even questions him on it, the same way he questioned Ash's choices in the gym battle.

gliscor&yanmega

Also, did anyone notice that Cilan was using Ash's strategy by not type- matching Dewott with Pansage and going with Dwebble instead? She even questions him on it, the same way he questioned Ash's choices in the gym battle.

Saw that mentioned somewhere. I'm not sure if Cilan was doing that intentionally though, probably was. Maybe Cilan learned something from Ash back during their battle, that type doesn't always matter.