• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
the C<B<A<S thing seems to be a Japan thing. Don't ask me why. It just is.

Champion Jared 14

OMG, that sly expression that Dento gave Cabinet/Cabaret, or whatever kitchen or household item name she had, was priceless, and I just LOVE the way he throws a pokeball!!

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I'm not sure why "S" is the highest, but I would GUESS it comes from "super" or "superior" or something like that that implies it's surpassed even "A" rank. Just a guess.

Yay! Finally the fact that one of Ash's traveling companions is a Gym Leader actually matters outside of their own Gym town!

EDIT: "Evil Cilan" looks awesome . . .

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Yeah I'm also used to the ranking of S being superior to A class.

The, C, B, A, S ranking system is almost very similar to the whole: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum ranking.

I mean ignore anything you know about Platinum for a moment, and one would assume it makes no sense for something random like Platinum to be ahead of Gold (something that because of lack of knowledge at the time, caught my attention), but I never knew why, so I just accepted. Curiosity got the better of me, and I found out Platinum is actually worth more than Gold, so then it clicked.

The S rank being the highest is pretty similar, in that it likely means Superb meaning top of the class, you succeeded in doing better than A. Sure maybe the whole F, D, C, B, A report card gets you confused, but if I remember correctly, S's are used in Kindergarten (or maybe higher, can't remember the grading system they used in Elementary School) as they rank your skills in certain areas of learning. So I'm used to S's being the highest grade possible, though I can see how the whole school grading system in the later years can get you confused.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I for one can appreciate Dento's skillful victory, we have enough underdogs, that we can afford a clean, strategic battler.

So far Dento vs. Cabernet is my top battle this season.

Looking forward to Ash developing new strategies also, shame he's always reset to zero each region.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Everyone wants Ash to have all of the rivals but he already has two. I hope Cilan keeps Cabernet as his rival.

randomspot555

Looking forward to Ash developing new strategies also, shame he's always reset to zero each region.

His "reset" pretty much ended by episode 6 or 7.

It's good that they expanded on what a Sommelier actually is, because without knowing the context, it sounds like Dent/Cilan is just spouting a bunch of BS. Very interesting battle.

Still a bit annoyed that Solarbeam is so quick nowadays, but that's just the game mechanics nerd inside of me.

Chill92

So apparently Ash's Sewaddle has the Swarm ability, being confirmed by Cabernet

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
It was nice to see a main character being the dominant rival in this for once. Also Dwebble continues to be awesome.

I've also seen the S A B C ranking in Advance Wars if that means anything to anyone :p

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was great to see Mebukijika for the 1st time, in its Spring Form. It was cool to see Futachumaru again. Cabernet was a really bad Sommelier and a stubborn one as well. It was funny when Tsutarja, Kurumiru, Mijumaru, Pikachu, Zuruggu and Pokabu all attack Cabernet when she was insulting them. It was cool to find out that Kurumiru's ability was Swarm. Dent battled Cabernet really well. Ishizumai used its Sturdy ability to hang on, and then be able to take down Futachumaru. Yanappu did very well against her Mebukijika, easily taking it down with Solarbeam. Dent was very scary the way he was talking to her.

69/100

Last edited:

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was quite enjoyable. It was funny to see al of Ash's Pokemon attack her when they insulted them. We found out Swadloon's ability is Swarm. It was cool to see Cilian battle her. It was cool to see Dewott and Sawsbuck. 7.5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I gotta admit that I wasn’t very excited for this episode when the previews for it were shown. It looked like Cilan was getting a rival, but she didn’t look too interesting. I’m super glad that I gave this episode a chance, though. That Cabernet chick is totally insane. Like, Charles Manson insane. She makes Harley and Ursula look like angels by comparison. I did like that she’s also a Pokemon Connoisseur, though. That makes things a whole lot interesting. I also loved that she started out with an Oshawott. I mean, it is the world’s best Pokemon, after all. Cabernet does have good taste. The actual battle between Cilan and Cabernet was decent enough. Dewott was really cool and Sawsbuck was an unexpected surprise. Overall, I’m glad we have another interesting rival. I give this episode a 9/10.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
The episode was average ;P.
That Cabernet girl was very annoying.... but at least she cared about her Pokemon :).
Dento was very epic in battling... his Dwebble was good (I almost forgot that he had caught that cute little Dwebble).

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
What a creep. I'm glad that Cilan defeated this Cabernet in Ash's defense. Who does she think she is? That C-Rank connoisseur doesn't even realized Pikachu have an extremely strong bond with Ash through all those years since his Kanto days. His other unova pokemon gets stronger every challenge they faced. She's has no right to talk to them like that. About Cilan having dark personality, its kind of scares me. But anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Cabernet about bringing out the best in pokemon. And if he haven't won, then it could be the end of Ash and Pikachu. What was she thinking of doing something like that such destroying the love between Ash and his pokemon? If Cabernet challenge Ash, then it will be an instant game over for her. Especially up against not only caring,and determinated but also a pretty much of an advanced and strong trainer who travelled through five regions (Kanto,Orange Islands,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh). Back on topic, Cilan now have a new rival who have such arrogance like Paul,Ursula,and Trip. Don't count Gary, he used to be but he changed for the better.

Cabernet was annoying and creepy. That's all.