• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Holy crap, Buizel took out two pokemon? And Ash had a flawless victory? Wow. Just wow. Anyway, how exactly did Pikachu beat Gyarados (because I'm assuming he did)? And what was that Brock was wearing? A jacket or something?

That was a lot of questions...

Dax

Legend
Finally Ash proves that he actually is growing as a trainer. He swiped the Veilstone Gym with Staravia and now this gym with no defeats.

Now Buizel, rot in the pokeball for at least 5 episodes. I don't want to see you again.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I can see both sides of the argument here. For one, having Ash's final Pokemon take down the gym leader at its final breath has been a cliche ever since the Falkner battle (Kanto battles were either 1 vs. 1, losses, or pity badges), so the writers deserve some credit for mixing things up a bit. Additionally, as Ash gets stronger, having each gym leader get progressively stronger also seems unrealistic if you aren't using game logic. On the other hand, much of the excitement from gym battles comes from the back-and-forth nature of them. What made Veilstone so exciting was how each side seemed to have an edge at times, where the match was always reeling, but remained close at all times.

Of course, this is simply a general analysis. Once I watch the episode later, I'll be back to rip the stuffing out of it like an enraged comic book guy who had just finished watching an odd-numbered Star Trek movie.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Finally Ash proves that he actually is growing as a trainer. He swiped the Veilstone Gym with Staravia and now this gym with no defeats.

Now Buizel, rot in the pokeball for at least 5 episodes. I don't want to see you again.

Agree time for Gligar spotlight.

Dax

Legend
Of course, this is simply a general analysis. Once I watch the episode later, I'll be back to rip the stuffing out of it like an enraged comic book guy who had just finished watching an odd-numbered Star Trek movie.

Yes because you have been too serious lately and it's kinda... well... scary!

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
Holy crap, Buizel took out two pokemon? And Ash had a flawless victory? Wow. Just wow. Anyway, how exactly did Pikachu beat Gyarados (because I'm assuming he did)? And what was that Brock was wearing? A jacket or something?

That was a lot of questions...
It looks like Brock's wearing a haori.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Once again, can anyone tell me the matchups??

Well from what i heard, the matchups were like this,

Gyarados Vs Pikachu - Pikachu Wins (Pikachu is Withdarwn for the next set)
Quagsire Vs Turtwig - Turtwig is Withdrawn
Quagsire Vs Buizel - Buizel Wins
Floatzel Vs Buizel - Buizel is Withdrawn
Floatzel Vs Pikachu - Pikachu is Withdrawn
Floatzel Vs Buizel - Buizel Wins

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So how did Quagsire freak Turtwig out so much? This is a Turtwig capable of taking down a Rampardos, remember? And Buizel's glory days had better end now for a while- it's been a bit too much of a star, really. Even when the earliest Buizel fans were demanding that Ash get it I didn't expect it to overshadow the starters this much.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So how did Quagsire freak Turtwig out so much? This is a Turtwig capable of taking down a Rampardos, remember? And Buizel's glory days had better end now for a while- it's been a bit too much of a star, really. Even when the earliest Buizel fans were demanding that Ash get it I didn't expect it to overshadow the starters this much.

uber gon

Accept Change
Why do I have the slight urge to say FLAWLESS VICTORY in a Mortal Kombat tone.:p

Aura Guardian88

Well, so much for Buizel being weak. I hope now people will quit complaining about Buizel's so-called losing streak and Ash not being able to defeat the gym leader first time around.