• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pastoria Gym! VS Crasher Wake!

Its time for Ash's gym battle against Crasher Wake. In a basic 3 on 3 match, Ash could face one of the hardest challenges of his Sinnoh career. Using Pikachu, Turtwig & Buizel against Gyarados, Quagsire & Floatzel, Ash has to use his Pokémon's strengths to their full potential. Will he win the Fen Badge or does he need to go back to training?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

What's really surprising are Buizel's victories. It didn't win a lot of battles, on screen, sadly. So now, making faint 2 Pokémon in this battle was quite wow-ish, in my opinion. And I thought Pikachu would shine. >:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I'm pleased that this didn't end in yet another down-to-the-wire stand-off, which has been the norm for gym battles since god knows how long. Of course, I'm sure it'll be a pattern they'll no doubt go back to for the majority, if not all, of the remaining gyms, so it's nice to know they could at least do it once.

Does this not also mark Ash's first perfect victory, bar the silly 'overload' crap from Pikachu's corner? I can't even remember a battle using more than one pokémon in which he came out victor with a reserve or two left over.

Buoysel and the Woahmeister have had far too much screentime at this point, so after this victory, I think it would be wise to have them take a backseat for a little while. Let Hiko get a gym win and show off a bit more personallity, have Glion win more people over with it's antics, and of course, more Muku.NONSENSE.

dman_dustin

I guess all the training paid off since Ash won without losing a Pokemon, I am also wondering how Wake reacted to Ash's win.

Does this not also mark Ash's first perfect victory, bar the silly 'overload' crap from Pikachu's corner? I can't even remember a battle using more than one pokémon in which he came out victor with a reserve or two left over.
Maybe to Gym Battles but there Was Krabby/Kingler vs Mandy

Last edited:
I'm surprised at all the withdrawing.. I got kinda confused.

Good battle, but not as good as Veilstone. But this easy victory probably means that Ash is gonna run into trouble at the next gym, we know from the past that Ash isn't good against Ghost types. (vs Dusclops, vs Morty...). And now, he doesn't have Noctowl for Foresight.

shac

I'm surprised at all the withdrawing.. I got kinda confused.

Good battle, but not as good as Veilstone. But this easy victory probably means that Ash is gonna run into trouble at the next gym, we know from the past that Ash isn't good against Ghost types. (vs Dusclops, vs Morty...). And now, he doesn't have Noctowl for Foresight.

though gliscor could really hurt if it learns some dark attack by then.......

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Turtwig didn't get to do much in this though, and it was the perfect gym for him to do so.

Iota

shac

Turtwig didn't get to do much in this though, and it was the perfect gym for him to do so.

Iota

yeah, turty got totally shafted. what with learning energy ball and this being a water gym, I thought it would shine. It could have taken out quagsire in the least....i mean quaggy is 4x weak against grass...

HoennMaster

Poor Turtwig, all your screentime used by the stupid....whatever hideous creature Buizel is suppose to be. As for gyms, I believe Ash one had to use one pokémon at the Mauville Gym.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Wow, Turtwig didn't even get a win. So what the hell was that Energy Ball training for? I hope its competing against Byron and who ever the new 8th Gym leader will be, because that training seems like a waste now.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
oh my, buizel got two wins in this gym

it's certaintly a great day for buizel fans ^^

on a side note, LOOK WHO'S WEAK NOW BEE YATCH!!!

just kidding guys lol :p

still a good day to be a buizel fanatic though.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Sorry but what where the Matchups in this gym battle.I haven't seen the episode or the pics.