• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Ash, must be improving, the same with his pokemon. Since he didn't once have any of his pokemon be KO'd and having Buizel defeat his evolved form.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I still like Turtwig. He has the speed in Ash's Team. Until the 2009 day arrives when, BOOM...Grotle.

I've always said the reason I don't like Turtwig is its too similar to Bulbasaur, and Bulbasaur had a much better personality back in the day.

But thankfully Turtwig's evo helps differentiate it more.

uber gon

Accept Change
Still can't believe Crasher's releashing phrase is On the Water. It's a little redundant.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
I've always said the reason I don't like Turtwig is its too similar to Bulbasaur, and Bulbasaur had a much better personality back in the day.

yeah, especially the way they introduced turtwig in the beginning, it was pretty much just a bulba-clone. can't wait to see what they do with grotle.

i havn't seen the dub yet, and i don't understand japanese, so i was wondering what's with the bit at the beginning with buizel?

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
it was okay but it wasnt the best gym battle
i hope the next one is better
but...

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
not like ash totally owned wake or anything... did anyone else notice ash never lost a single pokemon in that battle?

Rebeccag

Good battle. Ash didnt lose any pokemon and I liked the Pikachu/Buizei fallout but then became friends again after Buzei melted the ice on Pikachus back. Team Rocket in the marsh was quite funny as well with Wobberfet putting mud on Jessies eyes

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was thinking If Crasher Wake would be able to try harder, because this was obviously a very easy battle. Or Ash has gotten stronger with his battling.

beoderro

Unactive :(
Episode has humor and good battle! Thought Ash won that one kind of easily...His Pikachu were still able to battle. o_o

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa

Besides it's capture episode, Turtwig really hasn't done much else to be like Bulbasaur. Synthesis (despite how little it was used) differentiated it, Energy Ball did, Bulbasaur was never exactly specified as being a speedster like Turtwig was, and now Grotle pretty much hopefully will allow it to escape being in Bulbasaur's shadow or something.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Well, personally I want Buizel to stay as Buizel. In my mind, he has much more emotion as an underdog powerhouse, plus he's practically a mini version of Sceptile, socially not needing, and craving power.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
Ash sure was fortunate to defeat Crasher Wake without losing any of his Pokemon. On average, he would've lost two of his three Pokemon near the end of a gym battle.

Profesco

gone gently
I'll say a few things that have been said before. Ash's first flawless victory was a nice thing to see, and a surefire step towards being a stronger trainer. I thoroughly enjoyed this battle, from Pikachu's aerial Volt Tackle surprising Wake's Gyarados, to Buizel taking a chunk out of Floatzel's evolved-version pride by pwning it in the underwater combat, without instruction. And I actually enjoyed Ice Fang. Everyone expects to see icy fangs bite the opponent, but NO! This was a cool and unexpected way to animate an otherwise mundane attack. Oh, and I love Wake's voice.

Blech.

Besides it's capture episode, Turtwig really hasn't done much else to be like Bulbasaur. Synthesis (despite how little it was used) differentiated it, Energy Ball did, Bulbasaur was never exactly specified as being a speedster like Turtwig was, and now Grotle pretty much hopefully will allow it to escape being in Bulbasaur's shadow or something.

That's better. The capture episode premise was the same, and their penchant for mediation. Nothing else. Bulbasaur was calm, quiet, and anti-social. Turtwig is jolly, pleasant, and excruciatingly friendly. It's not fair to call Turtwig similar just because he's another quadrupedal Grass type with a raspy voice.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That's better. The capture episode premise was the same, and their penchant for mediation. Nothing else. Bulbasaur was calm, quiet, and anti-social. Turtwig is jolly, pleasant, and excruciatingly friendly. It's not fair to call Turtwig similar just because he's another quadrupedal Grass type with a raspy voice.

Well yes, I admit I'm probably bias.

I guess its because Turtwig came after Treecko, and I rather liked it that Ash had a grass type that was bipedal and didn't rely on the overdone razor leaf, etc.

Still its evolution will differentiate it more so I probably will grow to like it. I still think all of Ash's previous grass types, Bulbasaur, Bayleef and Sceptile are better than it though, but its tough competition.