• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Manchee

extra toasty
^Agreed. I agree 100% and feel the same way.

I guess I liked this episode. Glad Ash got another badge, maybe he can finally wind the League....whoo~

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've just seen this episode, and it was nice to see Buizel using the Ice Aquajet again.

Crasher Wake's Floatzel was powerful though, but i expected nothing less from a gym leader.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Dissapointed gym battle
Ash actually escaped from the loses. Quegasire needed to win Turtwig that recalled.
Floatzel needed to win Pikachu that recalled.

Last edited:

bui

What wrong with Ash not losing a single pokemon Ash-kid.That shows that he improving.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah but that's shows that Wake is a weak trainer...
Also the gym battles are more interesting when Ash losing some pokemon...

Shadow XD001

Ash-Kid, wake's not weak! Ash recalled Turtwig to protect it from further harm and he couldn't use against Floatzel because of Ice Fang. Ah recalled Pikachu to protect it from further harm. Gym leaders can't recall Pokemon. Challengers can. That was Ash's advantage.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes that's the reason that I said this earlier-
"Ash actually escaped from the loses. Quegasire needed to win Turtwig that recalled.
Floatzel needed to win Pikachu that recalled. "

Torpoleon

Wake is not weak. Ash had 2 Pokemon with major advantages. Imagine ash using Staravia, Chimchar and Gligar.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wake's team was disappointing. Especially Gyarados. Floatzel had power and speed, something Wake's other Pokemon didn't have.

This reminded me of the battle against Wattson; both were easy victories for Ash.

4/10

Terry. T.

One and Only...
The Rocket's should've attacked and done that awesome Manga scene of dawn making air underwater.
Why have we never seen her under with clothes on?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
What really impressed me the most when I watched this episode is that it was one of the few gym battle episodes where Ash goes through the whole match without having one pokemon declared unable to battle. How often has that happened-

Lt. Surge part two
Sabrina part two
Blaine part two
Jessie (Viridian City)
(Let's not count Sissy and Danny)
Luann
Wattson part one
Liza and Tate
Noland
Tucker

Consider that all the others are either one pokemon or double pokemon battles, that's pretty impressive that he had a three on three with no KO's. That's awesome for this episode. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What really impressed me the most when I watched this episode is that it was one of the few gym battle episodes where Ash goes through the whole match without having one pokemon declared unable to battle. How often has that happened-

Well like you said, most other examples where double battles or one-on-one battles, where, had Ash's Pokemon lost, Ash wouldn't have gotten a badge/symbol.

It's rare but it happens at least once in every region.

V Faction

www.faction.com
You know, I wouldn't even count the 1-on-1 fights or the double battles. That leaves basically Wattson and Wake for a match that is supposed to be 3 Pokemon vs. 3 Pokemon.

I prefer the way they handled the elimination in this match as opposed to Wattson's fight (but I still commend them on trying something completely different with a Gym Leader battle back then). The fight with Wake showed good effort and match-ups between both trainers. We didn't have to sit through a Pikachu Power-up Pulverisation.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm glad Ash is starting to use his head and choosing pokemon that have advantages against his opponents types, it really shows his growth. Buizel did fantastic in this match and I liked this battle. Good episode.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I was quite surprised that Ash won this without losing a single pokemon. It shows he's getting better.

It's obviously an OTTER, which I believe is closely related to weasels anyway.

I thought it was a sea dog. :p

I gotta watch it first. :S

Buziel is the "Sea Weasel" Pokemon.

Wow, Ash managed to beat a(nother) gym leader without his other Pokemon getting slaughtered. You don't see this every day.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Yes Ash beat Wake 3-0. That was his biggest win against a gym leader I think