• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Crystal Normal monotype run

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricedonut

pringle user
I am doing a Normal monotype run in Pokemon Crystal, and I am looking for some help with movesets. I have just started, but these are the movesets I would probably have by the end of the game if left to my own devices

Pidgeot @ Sharp beak

Wing Attack
Fly
Swift
Steel Wing

Ursaring @ ???

Slash
Thrash
Dynamicpunch (notsure)
Earthquake (not sure who to give this to)

Clefable @ ???

Thunderpunch
Ice punch
Fire punch
Dizzy punch (until I find something better to replace it)

Miltank @ ???

Milk Drink
Body Slam
Defence Curl
Rollout

Tauros @ ???

Thrash
Horn attack
tackle
???

Please keep in mind that trading to get extra items or TMs is not an option for me. Also I am not using Girafarig because it is not available in crystal

Pika_Princess

I've never rated a team before so keep that in mind when reading my advice, but since nobody has answered so far I thought I'd try :)

My suggestions are assuming this team is mostly in-game. Hyper Beam and Return are some of the best normal TMs you can get multiples of.

I am doing a Normal monotype run in Pokemon Crystal, and I am looking for some help with movesets. I have just started, but these are the movesets I would probably have by the end of the game if left to my own devices

Pidgeot @ Sharp beak

Wing Attack
Fly
Swift
Steel Wing

Generally you don't need two STAB attacks on the same pokemon. I'd probably go with wing attack unless you want to swap it for swagger or toxic and use it with Fly. I'd also try Headbutt or agility over Swift, it's a better all-around attack and headbutt has the added flinch chance.

Ursaring @ ??? mint berry or leftovers (see below)

Slash
Thrash
Dynamicpunch (notsure)
Earthquake (not sure who to give this to)

I'd suggest Rest, Hyper Beam/ Dynamicpunch/ Earthquake (choose two), and Sleep talk, since Ursaring can learn both that and rest. I'd normally have that on my snorlax but I think it would work here too.

Clefable @ ???

Thunderpunch
Ice punch
Fire punch
Dizzy punch (until I find something better to replace it)

It's a preference thing but perhaps swap in the three most powerful elementals, since Clefable doesn't get STAB. And I'd probably use moonlight or light screen over dizzy punch, your other pokemon will cover the normal offensive moves. But I agree, put your special attacks here.

Miltank @ ???

Milk Drink
Body Slam
Defence Curl
Rollout

A good basic moveset, although heal bell is such an attractive move I might put it over milk drink.

Tauros @ ???

Thrash
Horn attack
tackle
???

I like Hyper Beam on Tauros, he has the attack to wipe out things before they can retaliate while he's recovering. Also consider investing some time in breeding and get a good Hidden Power Rock (or other offensive type)

Please keep in mind that trading to get extra items or TMs is not an option for me. Also I am not using Girafarig because it is not available in crystal

Always try to have a balance of offensive moves and stat-raising/ status moves. Toxic should probably be somewhere, it's one of the tms that all pokemon can learn. I will say that when I do a normal team I really like to try and work in snorlax because he can be so powerful when used correctly, but that's just a preference thing. Hope this helps!

~Pikapras

Status
Not open for further replies.