• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Dancing Debut! (904)

Pokemonfan358

this episode was good. i love the music used after eevee fell. just loved jessies lille scream during the pokepuff round and after she won it suit her persnatiy so much. the amation was so pretty. i was shocked when eevee fell but loved that serena dident give up and enjored eevee to keep going. i was surpried when jessie won sine serena did a relly good job in her permoice but oh well jessies permice was great as was nenes perfomice. 10/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Finally got around to watching the dub of this.
It's still my favorite of the showcases cause they had Jessie win instead of kicking her out even though she's the most unique contestant and doesn't pull the same stuff all the time. Right Serena and Braixen? A shame we never got to see Jessie's other wins on screen.
Only bad thing about this was that Jessie won because Serena had an "accident".

And Nini, Smoochum, Gothita deserve one another. They're all ugly and I don't like them.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I would have been fully okay with Jessie winning if she showed gratitude towards Meowth and James for sticking by her to the end and trying to help her. NOOOO, instead she became very self-absorbed and conceited. YES, We know Jessie isn't known for her generousity or being humble BUT this kinda gives the message "try to cheat or don't appreciate what others do, and still get the prize." Maybe at the Queen Festival Showcase, justice will be unraveled. And Jessie winning was unexpected.
I give the episode 3 1/2 stars out of 5

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Without a doubt, Serena would have won if it weren't for Eevee's trip. But still going on with the performance is definitely a huge improvement from Serena's first showcase.

Jessie winning a competition still brings joy to me, especially when she has a unique take on the showcases. Yeah she tried to cheat but it evens out when she got the theme wrong and bounced back to her A game.

I hope Jessie ends up getting 3 total keys as well.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Loved Chespin and his glutton like tendencies and Pancham was cool and adorable as always; they are always a joy to watch lol. Jessie's theme and freestyle was my favorite all around in this episode and was happy she got her first key.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Eevee's debut is surprisingly perfect. Like the jumping and dancing around fire is top notch. I think if not that fall of Eevee Serena stood a chance of winning. But hey, it ended in the best way possible.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Man, do I wish there were judges for these competitions

The sad thing is, there actually were judges the last time they did the PokéPuff theme at Dendemille, even having good continuity by having Gena return from XY26, and having a Pokémon connoisseur(!!) as a judge, but this time, when they do the same theme, the audience gets to vote without even tasting the PokéPuffs?!

She literally only had Eevee dance. I thought getting a new Pokemon would mean incorporating its moves to create more enchanting performances, not just have Eevee dance around fire.

She caught Eevee because she liked her dancing, not her moves.

Tripokalons are a lot like rhythmic gymnastics in the sense that falling, tripping or doing any sort of thing out place is not seen as a good thing.

Or even artistic gymnastics lol. See: Simone Biles beam bronze

EDIT: Alloute, why are all your posts just copy-pasted from people at Bulbagarden? This one was takin from Mareepy

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Eevee's Showcase debut started out really nicely but then she fell off Braixen's stick because she got spooked by the audience, which really turned things around. It otherwise ended nicely though and it felt pretty weird to set the Showcase stage outdoors.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wouldn't Jessie be disqualified from entering if Team Rocket sneaked around? Granted, they got lucky cause they didn't get caught, but still. She still got lucky winning the whole thing, but unfortunately, this is the only time we see her win.

Musashi didn't deserve to win here, yet oddly enough, she still made it through even with questionable tactics. I do think that she should've lost in this instance.

It's a nice episode. Eevee's first performance kinda resembles Fennekin's first one, with the falling in slow-motion, and I like it that Serena didn't win so she has to do another Rookie-class Showcase. The episode is much more enjoyable if you're a fan of Team Rocket, for their failed attempt at cheating.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
It's a nice episode. Eevee's first performance kinda resembles Fennekin's first one, with the falling in slow-motion

I did notice that and it seemed like a deliberate callback, although obviously in Eievui's case she got frightened by the audience and that was what led to her falling, unlike Fokko's on-stage accident which was caused by that long ribbon she was wearing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Making Eevee tripping being the reason why Serena lost just proves the writers are lazy. Why couldn’t it be something like Serena not training hard enough and forgetting her routine? We’ve seen her come up with a dance routine over night before so why not use that as example how she should of prepared earlier? Anything besides her Pokémon tripping twice being the reason why she lost.
It's either that or your opponent having a monopoly on fanbases that are deemed as acceptable losses for just Serena.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Making Eevee tripping being the reason why Serena lost just proves the writers are lazy. Why couldn’t it be something like Serena not training hard enough and forgetting her routine? We’ve seen her come up with a dance routine over night before so why not use that as example how she should of prepared earlier? Anything besides her Pokémon tripping twice being the reason why she lost.
And people expect me to buy that her losing arc and sadness is anywhere near well written or impactful as Dawn's -_-
Such a great scene where she cries and cuts her hair but God damn does it feel forced drama and in the end is just a let down to me

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Can Serena lose by herself and not by her Pokémon?"

Episode: 6/10