• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Dancing Debut! (904)

Janovy

Banned
Jessie won and all was right with the world, too bad this is probably the only key she'll get.
No point in giving her a key if she's not going to Master Class. I think this pretty much guarantees her participation there.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wish she made some sort of comment on the performers rather than just grinning creepily whenever she saw Serena.
I think it's because she's really interested in Serena & thinks that every other performer isn't as good as Aria for reasons

Serena was just getting everything too easily. She just failed once and got the stuff like a mary sue. Where's the fun on that? I was hoping that eevee would should show how REAL hard is to win ANYTHING in life instead getting victories with no sense of accomplishment.
Yeah, I have to agree with how Serena seems like a Mary Sue lately. When looking at May and Dawn, they both struggled multiple times & you saw all of the ups and downs they went through to get to where they were at the end of their respective sagas.Serena on the other hand has been getting things too easily since the Coumarine Showcase and has been acting like it's no big deal whenever she does lose. I was personally hoping that she would start to get full of herself like May di in A Fan with a Plan & Cruisin' for a Losin' to show that she can't get too confident and think that she knows all the answers, but I guess this works too

I liked how in this episode they actually showed the full performances of Serena's rivals. Last showcase they cut out a huge portion of Jessie's (thanks eevee), and Shauna's was like 15 seconds long. And they only showed snippets of Miette's performance when she did hers before.

I actually really enjoy Jessie participating in these things (contests and showcases). Like in Sinnoh, she was an unfriendly rival that we knew wasn't really a threat. It provided some diversity and comic relief at times, as unfriendly rivals don't come often. Likewise with Kalos, although she hasn't really made herself a true 'rival' of Serena's as she did with Dawn, it's at least nice to see someone else to focus on during showcases that does crazy comical stuff. I don't care if she doesn't make it to the Master Class, her presence in showcases as is is good enough for me. And at least now she has one key to tuck under her belt.

To quote James (or Meowth, can't remember which one), "Overkill is an acquired taste."

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I can't believe that Jessie wins this Pokemon Showcase. By any chance, did she cheat her way to win or she done it with her own skills?

Remix2

Maybe this is just me but was there any reason why everyone want serena to lose or was it just because?

BJack

Zura
It would be fair not just Ash gets the price for having bad choices of team (when this time he finally fully evolves his party but now got a bunch of fliers. Yeah he will fly high sure)

bad choices? and he will not lose because of type advantage, this is the anime.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Im so ****ing happy Jessie won, nevermind that not a single one of Serena’s rivals has WON these things since the first Tripokalon and needed another win, lets just give it to Jessie because she obviously needs it the most.

I officially hate her

like the episode was fine up till that moment, im just so frustrated with how terribly XY treats its rival characters in terms of sucsees

Last edited:

Commander Wrex

Maybe this is just me but was there any reason why everyone want serena to lose or was it just because?

I think it's only because a) Jessie herself has been shafted in the Showcase a bit much and b) Serena, as much as I like her character, does win a bit too easily. So it makes sense that she gets a bump on the road - and it is Eevee's first crack at the Showcase here, after all.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Because she won two non-contest back to back so she's a mary sue now and thus has to lose more. That's why. Given her new backlash, Serena will probably surpass Iris as the must underrated female lead.

As far as the episode goes, I for one am glad Serena didn't win. Not because I think Jessie deserves a win, just because this performance didn't feel nearly important enough for the third final win. My only issue with the episode is Eevee is going to be a rehash of Fennekin/Braixen that we just go in the same region with the same trainer. Loses in base form and will evolve to win. Serena just had a Pokemon that did that. Overall Nene's a jobber and if she can't beat Jessie she has no business to be in the Master Class. Good riddance. Good for Jessie fan's, she got her win. Looks like she'll be the only rival other then Shauna to get a onscreen win in this badly written goal. Don't know what else to say.

Commander Wrex

Im so ****ing happy Jessie won, nevermind that not a single one of Serena’s rivals has WON these things since the first Tripokalon and needed another win, lets just give it to Jessie because she obviously needs it the most.

I officially hate her

like the episode was fine up till that moment, im just so frustrated with how terribly XY treats its rival characters in terms of sucsees

Should be noted that Shauna has two keys already, just like Serena has now. So I kinda disagree with your statement on that regard.Even if that's not enough, remember that despite how deep the series as a whole is at now, the Showcases still feel rather raw (to me anyway). It's difficult at this point in knowing how this all unfolds at the end.

Who knows? Maybe everyone will have all their three keys to compete in Master Class (well, except Nini. She seems to be well out compared to Serena and the other rivals).

EDIT: Didn't remember that Nini has 2 keys herself. But agreed that in that aspect, handing keys to rivals offscreen is distasteful as a viewer of the anime. I think what hurts this whole "Showcase" stuff is the fact that you only need 3 wins/keys to get to the "Grand Festival" of Showcases, whereas Contests you need 5 ribbons.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Okay despite my rage let’s talk about the rest of the episode.

I liked that Serena lost first and foremost, Eevee was to nervous and it costed them the Performance. But Serena was still able to keep composure and finish the routine, it’s basically what I wanted from her so hopefully that leads to some development.

Yaisho was kind of a waste, she didn’t speak at all and was kinda just in the background, I was hoping we’d learn more about her or why she’s interested in Serena but we get nothing beyond more vague foreshadowing.

Baking Performance was still kinda lame but at least there’s more energy to it with the characters dancing around and stuff, they gotta do all they can to spice these up after all.

I liked that we actually got to see the full performances of Nene and Jessie and it wasn’t cut out due to some backstage drama, so that’s good, it gives me a feel for how skilled they are.

Like I said I ****ing hate that Jessie won because I feel like a) she doesn’t deserve it because she tried to cheat and b) I just dont think a win will mean anything for her character. Nene has now had two onscreen losses in a row, handwaving it with her getting wins offscreen as if it’s fine, which doesn’t do enough for me sadly. I just wish XY treated it’s rival characters better because almost everytime I rooted for them I felt like I’ve been let down, and that’s a issue for me.

Overall this was better then the last Tripokalon and was a fine episode. But it still had problems, oh well.

Overall Nene's a jobber and if she can't beat Jessie she has no business to be in the Master Class. Good riddance.
Jessie wins after four loses and shes fine, Nene has won two keys (offscreen) and two losses and now deserves the boot? this is fairness

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Okay despite my rage let’s talk about the rest of the episode.

I liked that Serena lost first and foremost, Eevee was to nervous and it costed them the Performance. But Serena was still able to keep composure and finish the routine, it’s basically what I wanted from her so hopefully that leads to some development.

Yaisho was kind of a waste, she didn’t speak at all and was kinda just in the background, I was hoping we’d learn more about her or why she’s interested in Serena but we get nothing beyond more vague foreshadowing.

Baking Performance was still kinda lame but at least there’s more energy to it with the characters dancing around and stuff, they gotta do all they can to spice these up after all.

I liked that we actually got to see the full performances of Nene and Jessie and it wasn’t cut out due to some backstage drama, so that’s good, it gives me a feel for how skilled they are.

Like I said I ****ing hate that Jessie won because I feel like a) she doesn’t deserve it because she tried to cheat and b) I just dont think a win will mean anything for her character. Nene has now had two onscreen losses in a row, handwaving it with her getting wins offscreen as if it’s fine, which doesn’t do enough for me sadly. I just wish XY treated it’s rival characters better because almost everytime I rooted for them I felt like I’ve been let down, and that’s a issue for me.

Overall this was better then the last Tripokalon and was a fine episode. But it still had problems, oh well.

Jessie wins after four loses and shes fine, Nene has won two keys (offscreen) and two losses and now deserves the boot? this is fairness

It's not my fault Nene is failing as a rival. This goal is so poorly paced. Even if Nene does go to the Master Class, who's rooting for and who expects her to be anything more then Kenny 2.0? Well Kenny actually got wins onscreen so there's a difference. I don't expect anything from Nene so why even have her?

Soniman

Break the Limit
It's not my fault Nene is failing as a rival. This goal is so poorly paced. Even if Nene does go to the Master Class, who's rooting for and who expects her to be anything more then Kenny 2.0? Well Kenny actually got wins onscreen so there's a difference. I don't expect anything from Nene so why even have her?

shauna is the only rival to have an onscreen win and that was from the FIRST tripokalon, every rival since has lost so I dont know what makes Nene any worse off then the others

sigh, I really hope theres a second showcase arc to redeem these characters

Because she won two non-contest back to back so she's a mary sue now and thus has to lose more. That's why.
also im not sure if youre actually being serious, a character having a small winning streak does not a mary sue make, and today's loss kinda negates that anyway.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Dang it, Eevee! You just HAD to pull out a Fennekin and trip (maybe Palermo causes people to trip). The Smash Bros. Brawl dilemma keeps haunting Serena, who...is just fine with it? Well, that's good.

Eh, I'm glad Jessie got a win, but what of Serena? I can only expect another showcase will be at Snowbelle City, where Eevee will probably redeem itself by winning/evolving.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
[IMG139]https://media1.giphy.com/media/l41m5nQVvTslsRQGc/200_s.gif[/IMG139]

YES DIVA GET THAT KEY.

Honestly I'm so over the moon excited that Jessie won so my opinion on this episode may be biased. I'm so happy to see her actually viable for the Master Class and the haters eat their words. Jessie crammed for that win.

Otherwise, it's funny to see Meryl Streep show up again when Serena loses. At least she didn't have a meltdown after her Pokemon lost her the appeal I guess?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
shauna is the only rival to have an onscreen win and that was from the FIRST tripokalon, every rival since has lost so I dont know what makes Nene any worse off then the others

sigh, I really hope theres a second showcase arc to redeem these characters

Well I didn't say Shauna was well handled either, but she is Serena's main rival from the looks of things, so they gave her a win. We don't know if Miette is even still in this, she has dropped off the face of the earth. All the XY rivals have been handled badly. This goal has been handled badly. Serena's pacing was handled badly. That's why I wouldn't mind if she won all three of her keys back to back. But given all the backlash she got from her last win, I am really curious how a May style character would work today.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well I didn't say Shauna was well handled either, but she is Serena's main rival from the looks of things, so they gave her a win. We don't know if Miette is even still in this, she has dropped off the face of the earth.
Miettte will probably appear next time so she can lose to Serena

All the XY rivals have been handled badly. This goal has been handled badly. Serena's pacing was handled badly. That's why I wouldn't mind if she won all three of her keys back to back. But given all the backlash she got from her last win, I am really curious how a May style character would work today.
i dont think everything about the showcases is bad mainly just the rivals' handling, its why i hope theres a second arc after this to flesh this goal and the characters out more and this is just a trail run to see what does and doesnt work

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Glad Serena lost, or I would begin calling her Suerena. Eevee was cute in this episode. Jessie won, which I'm actually very happy about for some reason. Makes me hope even more now that when the show finally ends, that TRio will settle down and pursue worthy goals. Jessies win IMO shows it would be worth it to them.

Negatives:

Ugh, that silly baking theme again. No Amour. Serena didn't wear her furisode. I didn't get to see the scores for the voting.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Miettte will probably appear next time so she can lose to Serena

i dont think everything about the showcases is bad mainly just the rivals' handling, its why i hope theres a second arc after this to flesh this goal and the characters out more and this is just a trail run to see what does and doesnt work

It's not just the rivalries that are bad. Serena herself is so limited in these things when they are allowed multiple Pokemon on stage. Yet she can only use Braixen, Pancham, and Eevee because that's all she has. It's honestly a crime she doesn't have more Pokemon. She can't help be become repetitive because that's all she's got and she's likely just staying with three. You know someone said it would be funny if Jessie won the Kalso Queen title, and I actually fully agree with that. It can show just how much thought went into this goal XD