• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Dancing Debut! (904)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So if Jessie is really going to participate in the master class, that means that there are at least three showcases before the Master class, which sounds a little bit to much, except the theory about the league happening before the master class is really becoming true. Or they she win offscreen, which is highly unlikely since they are appearing in almost every episode and are always in the near of the gang. If she won't participate in the master class, why then let her win, if Nene is there and why not her winning? Very confusing...

The episode as better than the last showcase. Serena losing could boost her ego to train more and it was better than winning three times a row. Yashio's appearance was also neat.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Honestly, Jessie just has the bad end of the stick being on the TR side always trying to capture Pikachu. Actually letting her do her own goals, putting her on the good side, playing by the rules, and then she will do very well. Take I think XY 63, having TR fighting alongside Ash and Co, their attacks and plans actually work well, not getting blasted off and all. So if they were to get TR out the whole villain thing to an extent, like in the original manga, they'd get far in life.

Kind of expected Serena to lose. Not going to improv through everything with an Eevee who doesn't have the experience yet. She'll probably win on the next try, and if she doesn't, definitely the one after that, as losing 3 in a row would be a bid odd. Or even when going to a performance, Serena just being a spectator, watching the other rivals get their bit of screen time.

Even Ash I kind of expected him to lose in at least a few of the gyms, just to show the difficulty of these gyms. At this point, they're probably just going to have him slip up in the league once again, losing the match right after a really long and drawn out one right before. Can't really end the anime until he wins a league, as it should at least be consistent with the games' basic goal.

Soniman

Break the Limit
It's not just the rivalries that are bad. Serena herself is so limited in these things when they are allowed multiple Pokemon on stage. Yet she can only use Braixen, Pancham, and Eevee because that's all she has. It's honestly a crime she doesn't have more Pokemon. She can't help be become repetitive because that's all she's got and she's likely just staying with three.
shes never used all three pokemon on stage before even so she should when Nene is able to, i dont really mind her current team number, shes just not making the most of it.. Like I said I dont personally hate this goal nor seeing Serena perform in tem, but the problems are apparent

You know someone said it would be funny if Jessie won the Kalso Queen title, and I actually fully agree with that. It can show just how much thought went into this goal XD
lol ill just be in my angry corner when this when everyone is cheering then

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm glad that Jessie won honestly. I said in the speculation thread that Nene can take several seats and from have been saying that she stated she already has one or two keys, so even better. I don't like that she tried to cheat by knowing the theme ahead of time, but she did get it wrong so its a little payback there. I am so glad, there wasn't any backstage drama this time. I got tired of performances being cut for something bad happening to Serena.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
shes never used all three pokemon on stage before even so she should when Nene is able to, i dont really mind her current team number, shes just not making the most of it.. Like I said I dont personally hate this goal nor seeing Serena perform in tem, but the problems are apparent

lol ill just be in my angry corner when this when everyone is cheering then

I don't hate this goal either but of all the onscreen token collecting goals we have gotten thus far it has been the worse handled one so far. But Serena winning back to back isn't the problem. When Ash dominated Gyms he's a bad*** when Serena dominated showcases she's a Mary Sue.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Sweet Arceus on a scooter! :eek:

And here I thought Jessie would be a total buttmonkey the entire time like in AG.

Heck, I though Nini would win the key if Serena didn't, but low and behold I get a pleasant surprise! :D

Now the question is if this means she'll get 2 more to go to the Master Class tournament :confused:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I don't hate this goal either but of all the onscreen token collecting goals we have gotten thus far it has been the worse handled one so far. But Serena winning back to back isn't the problem. When Ash dominated Gyms he's a bad*** when Serena dominated showcases she's a Mary Sue.
Couple of fallacies with this one:
Gyms and Showcases are two completely different competitions with differing kinds of formats. In Gyms Ash isn't competing directly against any of his rivals, whereas in Showcases Serena is.
Secondly there are more Gyms battles than there are Showcases, Ash losing max. more than two would mean there'd be at least 10 Gym Battles, Serena clean sweeping would mean 3 Showcases before the Master Class one (so four maximum). At the rate thing are going, we'll have 9 Gym Battles (8 Wins + Loss to Viola) and at least 6 Showcases (Shauna Win, Jessie Win, Serena 3 Wins + Master Class), seems a pretty fair ratio to me.
Thirdly, people have been calling for Ash to lose at least 1 more Gym battle since the Valerie one. Hell I predicted he'd either lose to Valerie or Olympia.
And finally, Ash has never dominated a League, which is the true comparison to Showcases as that's where he'd be directly facing his rivals.

Also Ash has been incorrectly called a Sue by many now. And he really shouldn't be struggling as much with Gyms seeing as how he has 5 regions + Battle Frontier with of experience.

Last edited:

Akashin

When Ash dominated Gyms he's a bad*** when Serena dominated showcases she's a Mary Sue.

This definitely goes both ways. Both Ash and Serena have people praising them and calling for them to lose more; it's unfair to call Ash out on it when people have been hoping he'd lose more and calling him a Gary Stu almost all year and most definitely before then as well.

Janovy

Banned
When Ash dominated Gyms he's a bad*** when Serena dominated showcases she's a Mary Sue.
A trainer with five regions worth of experience VS a rookie who just started out.

Your comparison is completely unfair.

izmir

"Pokémon Performers always need to have the biggest smiles.Serena, your smile will make everyone happy." Aria

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
But Serena winning back to back isn't the problem. When Ash dominated Gyms he's a bad*** when Serena dominated showcases she's a Mary Sue.

But there's a a very important difference between Ash and Serena. Ash is already traveling through five regions and he already have plenty experience. Serena on the other hand started her dream right now and still won twice in a row and that's not that explainable like Ash sweeping through gyms with only one or two defeats in the gyms like in the most regions. By the time Ash started he was struggling in almost every gym in Kanto and lost quite much. He got better through the series.

Xuxuba

But there's a a very important difference between Ash and Serena. Ash is already traveling through five regions and he already have plenty experience. Serena on the other hand started her dream right now and still won twice in a row and that's not that explainable like Ash sweeping through gyms with only one or two defeats in the gyms like in the most regions. By the time Ash started he was struggling in almost every gym in Kanto and lost quite much. He got better through the series.

OMG SHE WON TWICE IN A ROW. WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO DO. It is not like any other character ever did that D:

Janovy

Banned
OMG SHE WON TWICE IN A ROW. WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO DO. It is not like any other character ever did that D:
It's not bad that she won twice in a row, it'd have been bad if she won for the third time in the row.

No companion ever lost only once.