• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Dancing Debut! (904)

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Err...okay then...

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiremenai!" Based OP is based

* D'aww group hug

* Mamoswine eaten by Ekans - top kek

* Pay Day'ing the puff +1

* No drawn-out backstage drama

* Saw some of Nene's and Jessie's Free Performances this time

* Jessie won a Key! Definitely makes us for that first Showcase travesty

Cons:

* Ugh...what was the point of Yashio returning?! It would have made more sense if Yashio showed up during either of the last two Showcases and saw the 'potential' of Serena come to fruition with victory. Instead, she did absolutely nothing other than smile at Serena from afar and watch Serena's Pokemon mess up for the second time. Hey y'know, maybe that would give the impression to her that this girl doesn't properly train her Pokemon...

* Yay! Let's watch them bake puffs! SO AMAzzzzzzzzz

* Please tell me that's the last episode of Eevee's shyness, or is this going to continue until she finally evolves...

* Maybe it's just me, but Serena's Free Performances all look the same

* Once again, Serena loses not because she simply got outplayed by her opponent, but because her Pokemon messed up and cost her otherwise what was a winning performance (did you see that audience reaction at the end)

Thoughts:

* That's one gorgeous town

* I'm sorry, I can never take Nene's face seriously

* Oh boy, looks like they'll just have Nene conveniently win her keys off-screen (like Shauna and likely Millefui too) since Serena is more or less guaranteed to win the next Showcase

* Ugh...how did that voting system work? Is it based on how much your key got filled? So if you didn't like it, you didn't vote..? Man, do I wish there were judges for these competitions

* Those puffs made me hungry

* Well at least these animators know how to make a love interest of Ash look pretty

Y'know, I guess I have to admit I don't particularly find these Showcases all that interesting. The episode itself was better than the last one, but still with some issues.

6/10

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
* Once again, Serena loses not because she simply got outplayed by her opponent, but because her Pokemon messed up and cost her otherwise what was a winning performance (did you see that audience reaction at the end)
Eh, I got the impression that Serena simply lost because Jessie was better.

Yes, Eevee made a mistake and fell but they continued and the audience was impressed by their comeback.

Jessie's Performance was simply liked by more people. And personally, I found Jessie's performance more creative. Serena once again relied on spinning, fire, more spinning.

Navin

MALDREAD

Yes, Eevee made a mistake and fell but they continued and the audience was impressed by their comeback.

Jessie's Performance was simply liked by more people. And personally, I found Jessie's performance more creative. Serena once again relied on spinning, fire, more spinning.

Peut-être. It seemed to me that some people might have docked votes from Serena because Eevee did screw up, even if rest of performance was otherwise great.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

I feel both ways. It was both due to a "Fennekin rehash" scenario as well as that hers actually wasn't as good. Though I still think if Eevee didn't fall, she would likely have won. As such, I'm disappointed for such a miserable contribution to Serena's loss.

Little Hero

It still did bug me, though.

I will give props to Jessie, but that in no way excuses her 'cheating ways' :)

If she had been caught, believe you me, being more creative wouldn't have mattered at all...Jessie was 'simply better' as you put it, true, but she still cheated...whether she understood what she stole or not wouldn't have changed that fact.

As a side note, was the baking part of the performance suppose to be a secret? (I'm assuming but that would explain why TR went to get a clue on what it was)

As for Serena losing, well, at least she took it better.

And while last time it was because of Serena's doing, Eevee's nervousness felt well played, they could have done something else but I guess it goes to show that small mistakes do make a difference.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Maybe it's just me, but Serena's Free Performances all look the same

Serena once again relied on spinning, fire, more spinning.

dont really understand the hate serena's performances seem to get every showcase episode, considering unlike the last one this was totally diffrent and featured a new poekmon? like it looks fine to me and fresh

Last edited:

calvinhobbesliker

dont really understand the hate serena's performances seem to get every showcase episode, considering unlike the last one this was totally diffrent and featured a new poekmon? like it looks fine to me and fresh

Apparently, fire and dancing is all that's required for people to think it's the same...on a separate note, Jessie's performance was also the same as last time: she once again used Seed Bomb to make fireworks.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I just think that the main issue with Serena's performances is that Braixen has been present in all of them dancing around shooting Flamethrower. Sure there's some slight changes here and there, but the next showcase should just be Pancham and Eevee.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I just think that the main issue with Serena's performances is that Braixen has been present in all of them dancing around shooting Flamethrower. Sure there's some slight changes here and there, but the next showcase should just be Pancham and Eevee.

*sylveon and pancham

Xuxuba

Mal's Review-

Err...okay then...

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiremenai!" Based OP is based

* D'aww group hug

* Mamoswine eaten by Ekans - top kek

* Pay Day'ing the puff +1

* No drawn-out backstage drama

* Saw some of Nene's and Jessie's Free Performances this time

* Jessie won a Key! Definitely makes us for that first Showcase travesty

Cons:

* Ugh...what was the point of Yashio returning?! It would have made more sense if Yashio showed up during either of the last two Showcases and saw the 'potential' of Serena come to fruition with victory. Instead, she did absolutely nothing other than smile at Serena from afar and watch Serena's Pokemon mess up for the second time. Hey y'know, maybe that would give the impression to her that this girl doesn't properly train her Pokemon...

* Yay! Let's watch them bake puffs! SO AMAzzzzzzzzz

* Please tell me that's the last episode of Eevee's shyness, or is this going to continue until she finally evolves...

* Maybe it's just me, but Serena's Free Performances all look the same

Thoughts:

* That's one gorgeous town

* I'm sorry, I can never take Nene's face seriously

* Oh boy, looks like they'll just have Nene conveniently win her keys off-screen (like Shauna and likely Millefui too) since Serena is more or less guaranteed to win the next Showcase

* Ugh...how did that voting system work? Is it based on how much your key got filled? So if you didn't like it, you didn't vote..? Man, do I wish there were judges for these competitions

* Those puffs made me hungry

* Well at least these animators know how to make a love interest of Ash look pretty

Y'know, I guess I have to admit I don't particularly find these Showcases all that interesting. The episode itself was better than the last one, but still with some issues.

6-6.5/10

Fennekin tripped because the ribbon was too long for her and Serena was the one who chose that ribbon. She said herself that it was her fault.
Also Serena was the one who made the choreography, she knew there was the possibility of Eevee falling when she decided to make her jump into a thin stick. A bit more practice or simply removing that from the performance would've avoided that. So yeah she was also responsible.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I had expected a loss for Serena and Eevee but wow I didn't think Jessie was gonna win tho to be fair I did think her performance here deserved it. Nini seemed kind of unneeded tho. ^^

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
This episode was relatively good overall. It did showcase Couriway Town (and its waterfalls) very nicely, and the outdoor arena was definitely a nice change of scenery. Serena performed well, though her Eevee falling on the stage during the early part of her free performance was definitely a scare for her (and parallels the fiasco from XY060). However, much has changed since that moment, and the fact that Serena extruded confidence and compassion to Eevee and inspired her to break from its stage fright and continue performing was very nice to see. Great to see Serena come a long way (being able to quickly move past unseen obstacles and exude confidence to her Pokemon and have them follow her lead), and many more future developments to come for Eevee.

I was really disappointed when Jessie (of all characters) won it all. That was surprising, needless to say. And especially after they broke in to get information beforehand about what the theme performance was going to be.

Some other items worth noting:

- Yashio made an appearance, but nothing much happened with her character in this episode. Wonder when she'll be playing a bigger role...
- Ekans eating a Mamoswine was a great reference. Top kek.
- Serena seemingly likes to spin to win in her performances, if you know what I mean.
- RIP Nene

8/10

Janovy

Banned
She literally only had Eevee dance. I thought getting a new Pokemon would mean incorporating its moves to create more enchanting performances, not just have Eevee dance around fire.

I mean, it was better than the typical Shadow Ball + Fire combo but still kinda lacking.

Pretty much, yes.

Apparently, fire and dancing is all that's required for people to think it's the same...on a separate note, Jessie's performance was also the same as last time: she once again used Seed Bomb to make fireworks.
She used it as a finish of her performance to make fireworks. Her actual performance was different from her last one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So happy Jesse won! As for Nini though, I am sure she will win more off screen and show up at whatever happens once you have 3 keys.

I thought that Nene would win; to be honest, I never thought that Jessie was going to win and it was totally surprising. I agree with you that Nene could win off-screen.

nickdt

Yeah, she did it, she finally did it. More than deserved after being robbed twice before.

ShinyBlaze

Nene, Nini, I'm confused.

I thought this episode was good, Serena's loss was expected. Eevee wasn't surprising. Seems like a rehash of past episodes mashed together. Why did Nene (i think) have to appear, not too sure if I'm the only one but her lips creep me out. I think Jessie should've won. She'll be in master class.

Overall rating is a 7/10, it's good and a decent showcase episode, but I've seen better. It seemed predictable but did has it's redeeming assets, I'm glad Serena loss, maybe some charecter development for Eevee in the future?

jrizza88

Meteorite
Nene, Nini, I'm confused.

I thought this episode was good, Serena's loss was expected. Eevee wasn't surprising. Seems like a rehash of past episodes mashed together. Why did Nene (i think) have to appear, not too sure if I'm the only one but her lips creep me out. I think Jessie should've won. She'll be in master class.

Overall rating is a 7/10, it's good and a decent showcase episode, but I've seen better. It seemed predictable but did has it's redeeming assets, I'm glad Serena loss, maybe some charecter development for Eevee in the future?

This. her lips are so creepy. Whose idea was it to make them look like that?