• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Dancing Debut! (904)

XXD17

Draco rex
This. her lips are so creepy. Whose idea was it to make them look like that?

I think it was so she can fit the theme with gothita. It was completely hideous. It's like they intentionally made her this way so people wouldn't care about her losing...or at least that's how I felt...

Ѕhiny Missingno

And the rightful queen of Kalos has won. Although I think Serena had the best performance of what we saw, Eevee's fall understandably caused her to lose, although it's a shame that we didn't get to see the results. Simply showing that Nene beat Serena (who could've still gotten the third place just fine) could've done wonders in showing that she can also be taken somewhat seriously as a rival since the second place is no joke.

Now, the question is, will Serena lose the next showcase as well? In terms of writing, another loss could give her just enough room to develop for the Master Class (and Jessie needs to win another showcase to catch up :V) although I don't see that happening considering the pace this series has taken.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I think it was so she can fit the theme with gothita. It was completely hideous. It's like they intentionally made her this way so people wouldn't care about her losing...or at least that's how I felt...

agreed. I don't think any other character has those lips. It looks much better on Gothitha than her haha

Navin

MALDREAD
Fennekin tripped because the ribbon was too long for her and Serena was the one who chose that ribbon. She said herself that it was her fault.
Also Serena was the one who made the choreography, she knew there was the possibility of Eevee falling when she decided to make her jump into a thin stick. A bit more practice or simply removing that from the performance would've avoided that. So yeah she was also responsible.

Notice though it hasn't been a case where Serena does do everything correctly, but the audience just likes the other person more. Like that's how Serena won her last two against Jessie, Shuna, Millefui, and Nene. If Fennekin didn't trip, it's guaranteed she'd have made the Free Performances. If Eevee didn't get nervous, that probably would have been a winning Performance.

Janovy

Banned
If Eevee didn't get nervous, that probably would have been a winning Performance.
I disagree. If anything, Serena's comeback after Eevee's fall should have made the audience love her even more.

The fact they still choose Jessie tells us more people liked Jessie's performance better. Then again, we can't tell how close Serena was to winning since they never showed us the actual results.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
A superior Tripokalon from the previous one. Everyone was on the ball in this episode, especially Jessie and she deserves to win. Nice save of face from Serena, she truly has developed.

Now if only Green Maki was voiced.

Navin

MALDREAD
I disagree. If anything, Serena's comeback after Eevee's fall should have made the audience love her even more.

The fact they still choose Jessie tells us more people liked Jessie's performance better. Then again, we can't tell how close Serena was to winning since they never showed us the actual results.

I mean people were loving the performance before the fall too - all those cheers are what caused Eevee to get nervous in the first place. Jessie might have won even if Serena didn't mess up, but it did feel that Jessie's win was partially attributed to winning votes due to Eevee's mistake. The lack of any judges and random subjective voting doesn't help.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I mean people were loving the performance before the fall too - all those cheers are what caused Eevee to get nervous in the first place. Jessie might have won even if Serena didn't mess up, but it did feel that Jessie's win was partially attributed to winning votes due to Eevee's mistake. The lack of any judges and random subjective voting doesn't help.

She would have lost anyways even with judges though.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
What I am saying though is that judges would at least explain why or why not X person wins or not.

They would have probably told her that she should have worked more on the choreography and tried to work more on Eevee's problems on a stage. So nothing that the audience (us) can't interpret already.

Navin

MALDREAD
They would have probably told her that she should have worked more on the choreography and tried to work more on Eevee's problems on a stage. So nothing that the audience (us) can't interpret already.

But her choreography was fine. The mistake was Eevee slipping because she got nervous. And this was an issue in the last two Showcases as well when we don't know why Serena won even though everybody's looks relatively just as good.

Vipsoccermaster

I'm calling it.

Serena will lose her Kalos Queen chance by Braixen tripping.

It's like tripping on the stage is what keeps Serena from moving on.
Not exactly. It's Palermo that makes Serena's Pokémon tripping in the showcase, thus making Serena lose. Palermo is a bad omen for Serena, even though Palermo believes Serena will be just like Aria or better than Aria.