• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Date With Delcatty! (011)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Alfonso said:
I, uh...

...like Corsola. ._.
Errrrmmm.....we're not all perfect? XP;;;

Corsola's cool, so don't worry Alfonso-san. ^^ *le pat on head*

But I do admit it is a little annoying that Corsola doesn't use anything else in battle...it's probably the repetetiveness...still, she does have reasons for not using Gyarados seeing as one almost ate her when she was little, and I suppose if she wants to use her favorite she can. Buuuut...a change in teh useage of her Pokemon would be rather nice. x.x'

B

Blaziken master

The best part about this episode has to be meganium because its an ace battler.The way it crushes mighteyena under its weight and its devastating solarbeam is ace too.
P.s I have a question to ask.In the japanese version,Daisy refers Kenji as "Kenji coo".Can someone tell me why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Medea

Excalibur
Yes, I saw a bunch of Chronicle episodes (or at least the ones with Tracey in it) so time for me to put in my two-cents.

This episode for the most part was pretty good. I basically felt the way I wanted to feel.

-The boy who had a crush on Misty (that part was just so cute)
-Casey got on my nerves
-I want to strangle Daisy for so many reasons (and some not having to do with Tracey)
-And Tracey...He's just great!

All in all, okay episode!

Pikaflash

Beginning Trainer
I like so much this episode, I could see when Butch and Cassidy said their motto and Georgio replies give me back my Delcatty, another interesting thing is Casey and Cassidy's hair style is the same style, I can see almost all Ash's rivals meet Butch and Cassidy like Richie, Casey and Gary.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Just saw this episode in the US.This episode was good. Good to see Casey again. Nice to see that she's got a Meganium. It was kinda funny when Casey got all mad at Georgio. Couple a things. Corsola's Spike Cannon and Tackle should NOT have affected Sableye.

Just one question, did it ever say WHY Dr. Namba wanted to get some ordinary kid's Delcatty?

Medea

Excalibur
^You know what, I don't remember if he said why he wanted Delcatty (he may have said something but I must have forgotten it).

Anywho...I had to rewatch this episode (because I forgot a good chunk of it and Tracey was in it). And of course, just like what Misty pointed out to Casey, I get so sick of Misty's old friends thinking Tracey her boyfriend *Medea vomits in rage* Anyways, a little mad at 4Kids for cutting a scene. Although if they kept that one scene that I am hinting here, I would probably b*tch and yell about it

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
I thought the Delcatty special was okay. Even though 4Kids has really shattered the hosos into barely-recognizable clumps, the Delcatty seems to be of a somewhat better clump than say the Raikou special or the first Misty hoso. I just think it is tragic that Butch and Cassidy, who used to be so devious and model examples of how Team Rocket members are supposed to be, have now been reduced (in both versions) to Jessie and James clones, bumbling and incompenent.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, at least after this special it'll be weeks before we see Misty again (not counting next week's re-airing). This special was pretty good, but I still like the first Misty special the best so far. And I really enjoyed seeing Casey again. She's the pokemon character I can identify with the most. :) My two cents:

-- I'm starting to get a little bored with all the Butch and Cassidy episodes, and we've still got a bunch more. At least they can be entertaining (especially with the running gag about Butch's name), but I'm still a bigger fan of the Team Rocket trio we see all the time.
-- That guy who had the crush on Misty was really sweet. I like that in the end he ended up sharing his ticket with Casey (and they sang the Electabuzz theme song together).
-- Yay, confusionshipping! :D I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
-- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.

Anyway, 7/10. At least next week is the one I've been ****DYING**** to see for the last three years. :D

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
-- Yay, confusionshipping! :D I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
-- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.

I was looking forward to the Psyduck scene too and IMO, Psyduck helped saved the Delcatty episode from being really sucky. As for the Tracey/Daisy shipping, it gets added to in the Japanese version with a scene that shows Tracey fixing a leak and Daisy being impressed by it. For whatever reason, the scene got cut from the 4Kids dub.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.

4Kids did the same thing with the first Professor Oak hoso. They totally made up him making a love poem for Delia. Watching 4Kids dub the hosos as a whole, I get the impression that they just don't care about either quality or even sticking to the original plot points. They just butcher it and make up their own plot points.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I know, the bad part is the shippers who didn't know they were dub lines took these things seriously only to be proven wrong.

There were actually some people a while ago that thought Tracey/Daisy was canon, that was until they were proven wrong and that there is nothing between the two in the original. Most people just jumped onto it to combat Orangeshipping, only to have it blow up in their faces.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh really, who cares if shipping lines are added in? I like those moments, like in the sixth movie (even though I'm not a pokeshipper) and the first Professor Oak special (ditto on eldershipping). They make for sweet moments.

Inkan1969

Misty Love

I haven't found the name for Misty+Giorgio shipping. So what was it about Misty that made Giorgio fall in love with her from afar? I'm betting it was the shorts. ;) Giorgio's pretty lousy at technique though. I don't blame Misty for her reaction; how else would you react if a total stranger suddenly showed up and told you he was in love with you? And I hear that in the Japanese version the note was so badly written she mistook it for a death threat. :eek: REALLY bad technique, then.

Hmm, so the Cerulean Sisters are back and yet Misty is STILL staying on as Gym Leader? I think that's an indication that it's really over between her and Ash. If Ash really meant a lot to her she would've either forced the sisters to clean up their act or looked through Cerulean City to find a worthy successor for the water gym, and then she would've rushed to Ash's side. Instead she's sticking around to be gym leader. In the dub anyway they have been making a running gag of people thinking Tracy is her boyfriend. I think pokeshipping all but died in "Pokemon Heroes", when Ash met Latias. ;380; Now Orangeshipping is prevailing for Misty.

I like Casey. She has so much enthusiasm for her time; she could star in "Fever Pitch". I always laugh at the running gag of her freaking people out with her fight song. So...just what would Casey have been willing to do to get that ticket? :D

Team Rocket infiltrating MosBurger? Scary. :p

So in the end Giorgio winds up with Casey, and Tracey winds up with Daisy, hopefully briefly. And Misty winds up spending a weekend night all alone at her gym? Who would believe that? :( I hope OrangeShipping or some other shipping kicks in for her. She's too goodlooking to wind up alone. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy. :p

Inkan1969

Existential Nightmare

I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy. :p

But that seems like a nightmare existence for Misty. She HAS to be gym leader because her sisters totally can't do it. What kind of a life is that?