• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Decent UU Team.

TDawg

260.gif
492.gif
609.gif
245.gif
237.gif
330.gif
Alright! I have adjusted my team and so far I am having a lot more success with this team. They have decent synergy together and bring out the best in each other so far. Only time I have lost is when I made bad plays myself. Like trying to squeeze on lat CM with Suicune when I know I shouldn't. Anyways the 2 scarfs work very well surprisingly. I thought it would be a little much but I don't really have trouble with it. Well let's have a look at the team.

260.gif

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Same Swampert I have been using. Stealth Rock and Roar work really well together to cause constant damage. Waterfall and EQ are my STABs. Waterfall hits Arcanine pretty hard and since he walls Arcanine that helps as well. Only thing he is scared of is Grass types, while it seems like there a lot of those in this tier or least pokemon with a grass move, I rarely find myself hit by one as I can easily switch to Chandelure or Shaymin. The EVs make a great mix wall so he take on a bit of everything.

492.gif

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed

Made my own set. Seed Flare is just mind-blowing... It comes in handy a lot. Even packs a punch on Fire types. Earth Power is for coverage, but I probably should switch for HP Ice as I never stay in on a Fire type Pokemon. Rest and Natural Cure are best friends and helps me out in a Pinch. Leech Seed so I can get as much HP as I can.

609.gif

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Chandelure is great. This set hits almost everything in UU. Can at least hit things for neutral damage. Timid plus Scarf just give the maximum speed, but it still packs a punch with STAB Fire Blast and this can make Roserade sit on the bench the whole match.

245.gif

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rest
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

You guys can tell me to switch this set, but bottom line is that it works. So many times people will try to stall him out as I CM then I ChestoRest and the match is over. Really that does happen. Scald because of STAB and can cause burn. HP Electric is so that Slowbro can't wall me. Other mons can wall me I know, but they really usually come in too late.

237.gif

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch

I like this set. Bulk Up too make the guy on steroids. Rapid spin because I need a spinner for Chandelure to come in and out. Mach Punch and Sucker Punch give me priority and coverage from Psychics.

330.gif

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My answer to Kingdra. Outrage gets the job done and is the most powerful physical STAB. U-Turn so I can get the hell out when I need to and it also hurts Psychics, Shaymin and the like. EQ is a STAB, but Stone Edge give me that wonderful EdgeQuake coverage. Only problem I see with this guy is his frailness to Ice types.

Last edited:

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Writing this in a rush so I will comeback to it. But here's a team that gets some wins.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Waterfall OR Avalanche
- Earthquake

Set-up rocks is this guys priority. Mainly his only job in the game but phazing helps his role since he only has one weakness. Waterfall and Earthquake are 2 STABs and kill off Arcanine, and Houndoom. EQ helps out with Roserade.

Roar + Stealth Rock works really well. Although I hardly use SR. Earthquake is a must. Toss up between STAB Waterfall and Non-STAB Avalanche. You'll lose coverage if you are going for Avalanche. However, if you need STAB, then go for Waterfall.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power OR Hidden Power Rock/Ice
- Leech Seed

Kind of a Celebi variant. With Natural Cure I can rest and then leave and be ready when it comes out again. Seed Flare for STAB, Earth Power is for coverage. Leech Seed for walls and healing purposes. Overall it has done it's job very well and actually getting kills. Only problem is Houndoom, but even then Earth Power helps a lot.

Toughie. Seed Flare, good. Rest, good. You'll need either HP Rock or HP Ice. I'd suggest Ice, but go with your gut with Rock. You'll be the disadvantage to face any Grass-type Pokémon. So be careful about either of the two moves that I suggest. Keep Leech Seed for HP recovery.

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
- Drain Punch/Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

He likes to party... in people's faces. Drain Punch for health and coverage on Weavile, 2 STABs work really well, and Ice Punch for Flygon. I think I might change him because he isn't hitting hard enough. Maybe I should give him a choice band?

Drain Punch on Ludicolo isn't a bad idea, I'd suggest Substitute. Other than that, it looks fine to me.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rest
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

IDK why but this works really well. Not trying change this. Calm Mind then Rest and use my chesto. Scald for STAB and HP Electric so Slowbro, and other Suicunes don't wall me.

I never seen this set before, I'll leave it the way it is.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

Pretty gimmicky with rain dance. Only to support Ludicolo pretty much and maybe Swampert. Recover for health, WoW for status, and Taunt because otherwise Mew, Deoxys don't taunt me back and completely wall me.

This is not a bad set at all, although you have no attacking moves. You'll definitely need Stealth Rock.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My counter for Flygon itself. Works pretty well and gets some easy kills. U-Turn to scout. Outrage and EQ for the most powerful STABs and Stone Edge gives me Edgequake coverage.

If you're afraid of the confusion after 2-3 turns of Outrage, go for Dragon Claw. Little weaker though.

I hope someone can help me with this team.

Suggestions are in bold.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
For your Suicune, you might as well make it a defensive set or all out attacker. If attacker lose chesto berry, rest and scald for hydro pump / surf, ice beam and life orb or leftovers. Or change the ev's to 252 hp / 252 def and bold nature and your HP to ice beam. Tornadus can go over sableye for the prankster rain part because itself can abuse it, or put a damp rock on sableye. Outrage would be the best option on flygon because you need the extra power.

SakuraLatias

Objection!
For your Suicune, you might as well make it a defensive set or all out attacker. If attacker lose chesto berry, rest and scald for hydro pump / surf, ice beam and life orb or leftovers. Or change the ev's to 252 hp / 252 def and bold nature and your HP to ice beam. Tornadus can go over sableye for the prankster rain part because itself can abuse it, or put a damp rock on sableye. Outrage would be the best option on flygon because you need the extra power.

Agreed. /10char

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Come on... even with my update no one will comment on the team? Bump!

It probably isn't getting a lot of attention because it's not in dire need to be fixed. You have a fair team here and the UU tier has a lot of room to give and take. Teams aren't cookie cutter so there's room to have fun. Endlessly bumping this thread isn't really going to get you more attention. In fact, many people are probably ignoring it because of how frequently you are bumping it up. I'm not intending to be rude. If this were posted as an OU team, you'd probably have three pages worth of suggestions because there is a clearer idea of "right and wrong" team constructions. (note right and wrong in quotes means it's a matter of my own opinion, but one I've found reliable and often times valid)

TDawg

It probably isn't getting a lot of attention because it's not in dire need to be fixed. You have a fair team here and the UU tier has a lot of room to give and take. Teams aren't cookie cutter so there's room to have fun. Endlessly bumping this thread isn't really going to get you more attention. In fact, many people are probably ignoring it because of how frequently you are bumping it up. I'm not intending to be rude. If this were posted as an OU team, you'd probably have three pages worth of suggestions because there is a clearer idea of "right and wrong" team constructions. (note right and wrong in quotes means it's a matter of my own opinion, but one I've found reliable and often times valid)

Your right. There isn't as many standard teams that I see down in this tier. Yeah I only bumped it because I want the best team I could have for a tourney that in less than a week I think. And I understand lol.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Your right. There isn't as many standard teams that I see down in this tier. Yeah I only bumped it because I want the best team I could have for a tourney that in less than a week I think. And I understand lol.

I understand. If you weren't trying to become better and accept criticism I'd tell you that you're in the wrong place. I LOVE playing in UU and NU for the liberty, freedom and creativity you can come up with in team construction. Thanks to eviolite, even not fully evolved (NFE) have great potential.

Because of the random nature of the UU tier, your team has both the potential to fight off and lose. That's what makes it fun :)

All the same, best of luck. You have a nice team. It may have holes, but none that are like "omg change this NOW!" to my immediate knowledge. And you already have one person admitting you've mopped the floor with them :p lol

TDawg

I understand. If you weren't trying to become better and accept criticism I'd tell you that you're in the wrong place. I LOVE playing in UU and NU for the liberty, freedom and creativity you can come up with in team construction. Thanks to eviolite, even not fully evolved (NFE) have great potential.

Because of the random nature of the UU tier, your team has both the potential to fight off and lose. That's what makes it fun :)

All the same, best of luck. You have a nice team. It may have holes, but none that are like "omg change this NOW!" to my immediate knowledge. And you already have one person admitting you've mopped the floor with them :p lol

I see what you're getting at and I agree. I now after messing around in the tier a lot I see how fun it is. There's so many Pokemon with potential and I have been having more fun with the team then I do playing OU where I know exactly what to expect.

Well anyways I think this may be my final team unless anyone else can point out a big weakness

Quagsireking

I am the king!
You might want to add some def/sp def ev's to your suicune. The main threat here is a choice scarf f-rotom, so you may want to think of ideas for countering it.

But other than those slight flaws you did great, covered your weaknesses quite well.

Also chandelure in in UU?

TDawg

You might want to add some def/sp def ev's to your suicune. The main threat here is a choice scarf f-rotom, so you may want to think of ideas for countering it.

But other than those slight flaws you did great, covered your weaknesses quite well.

Also chandelure in in UU?

Good point. I will try to fix that.

Yeah he's been in UU for a while now.