• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

Chris

Old Coot
It went like this:

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/idol.jpg[/img135]
First Ember attack hit the two of them. Notice how close the two are together.

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/idol2.jpg[/img135]
Second Ember at full power and used repeatedly. Before this shot, Taillow flew up right before the flames hit.

Remember, Satoshi was tired. Taillow was not. Plus considering how fast the attack came in, Satoshi's fatigue wouldn't have allowed him to move in time.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Why didn't May notice this? You'd think even she would notice that Tailow wasn't there.

N

Nameless

Wasn't May going nuts with Torchic? She was like "gogogogogogogogogo"

Geodude

The Big Al said:
Why didn't May notice this? You'd think even she would notice that Tailow wasn't there.
And that would've helped how? -_- The attack would already be in progress, there'd be nothing she could do. Think a little, huh?

Nameless said:
Wasn't May going nuts with Torchic? She was like "gogogogogogogogogo"
Actually, what she said was: "Hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko!" (Hinoko = Ember.) She was just getting overexcited because of the crowd egging her on.

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
Cause it dodged in the LAST MINUTE. She can't stop Ember if it's right there and Taillow just dodged. o_O

H

Hales

We're still going with this argument? :)

I like the pictures that showed that Ash didn't stand a chance in heck of escaping from the Ember.

I also stand by my feeling sorry for Satoshi!

G

Gaadi

If you all say May cheated, Then you must hate ash too, Ash used a charizard against a chikorita sometimes.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Gaadi said:
If you all say May cheated, Then you must hate ash too, Ash used a charizard against a chikorita sometimes.

That was a one off. And I think Ash was just trying to teach her a lesson.

R

Robert

This was a good episode. It had some good humor and some good battles. I found it a bit strange that the May and Max disguises were convincing. Even in comparison to other disguises on the show, they seemed to be pushing it a lil'... Oh well. I liked the episode.

Meowth and Wobuffet weren't convincing in the SLIGHTEST. People really are getting stupider on the show. It's near impossible for a girl to actually shrink 2-3 feet, as any moron should know.
X.x;;. Chibi May overload! I can't even count how many times that Chibi picture popped up >.>. I hate it, now.
Those town people were downright snobs. You can be a fan without killing anyone who isn't. I'm quite glad Ash beat those little boys in the park.

Overall rating:
7.9 out of 10!!
A standard filler, IMO. I hope next week's is a bit better, however.

SC~ out

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a very decent episode. Dub-wise I was extremely surprised how much original music was kept.o_O All the music during the battles was kept in-tact.:eek: The part when Satoshi is battling the kid with the Golduck, the battle between Satoshi and Haruka, and even when Musashi let out her Habunake, all kept their original scores. First "Gulpin it Down" and now this- I am definately liking this trend.^_^ I do wish they had kept the ending music the same, but I'm not going to complain much about that since the rest of the episode was handled so well.

Overall, it was a very humerous episode, and I enjoyed it a lot. The ending reminded me of "Showdown in Dark City" especially in the original version. Everyone is giving out compliments left and right, but they're really talking about Pikachu, not Satoshi.XD Satoshi even falls down behind Pikachu just like in said episode.

PDL

disenchanted
I found the townsfolk quite amusing, they were so caught up in the norman craze that they lost their common sense and got lost in Norman-mania

and that sort of thing can always lead to something funny, even on this particular message board... Mob mentality can be both funny, but annoying at the same time :)

Last edited:

Medea

Excalibur
Hehehehehe...:D very laughable throughout the whole episode!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Well, now that I've compared the Japanese version to the American version, all I can say is: holy crap, 4Kids actually KEPT the instrumental Japanese theme when Pikachu zaps Jessie and James' balloon! I never thought I'd hear that song on American TV!

In regards to the episode itself, it was pretty entertaining. Some nice high quality animation in several spots (it's nice to see crowds actually move as they cheer). I don't know what people are getting so worked up about in regards to the battle between May and Ash - Rose called it unfairly and the North Petalburgians kept screwing with Ash's head anyway, so it's obvious they were trying to make Ash lose and get May caught up in the moment. Jessie and James' Caroline and Norman disguises were actually really convincing - can't say the same for Meowth and Wobbuffet, but it just proves that the people of North Petalburg are a bunch of Norman-happy sheep who'll believe anything their shepherd tells them (regardless of whether or not it's really him, apparently).

In watching the Japanese episodes lately, I've tried to predict what certain dub lines will be in advance. Sadly, my two predictions for Ash - "Hey, do I go to your workplaces and boo?" and "I'll never understand this city" - never came true. Oh well, still a nice prologue to the next gym battle overall.

P.S. Chibi May = teh cuteness.

Blackcat88

Trippy.....
if someone was keeping track(and i bet someone is), then i would definetly advise them to put this episode in their list of "How Stupid are the People of the Pokemon World?". i think, if anything, the fact that the dude who said "yeah, i've known May and Max for a good deal of my adult life, and that's them!" while pointing to what's obviously a Wobuffet and a Meowth (dressed in drag, he he :) ) is what annoyed me the most. lordy are those people stupid.

and as stated before, the cheap battle and the mob got on my nerves too, but since i can't do anything about it, i won't dwell on it. But my god......don't these people have something to do other than drool over Norman? he was like their freaking god!

Sebok

Banned
I might be the only one who noticed, but this is one of the few episodes where Team Rocket show they know what "the twerps" names are. The only question is, if they know their names, why don't they use them? "The Twerps" thing is getting kidna boring and unoriginal, doncha think?

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Well...this episode, if any, would be a filler. But it was funny, I guess.

I agree that those townspeople were pretty dense to fall for Meowth & Wobbufet's costumes, but that was sort of funny.

Weird how everyone suddenly loves Norman...I mean, how much different than other gym leaders is he? He's not that big of a deal...

Although he's pretty cool. ^_^

Meh...this episode didn't attract my attention as much as I wanted it to, but it was okay. I'll give it yet another 7/10.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Jesse GS the II said:
Well, now that I've compared the Japanese version to the American version, all I can say is: holy crap, 4Kids actually KEPT the instrumental Japanese theme when Pikachu zaps Jessie and James' balloon! I never thought I'd hear that song on American TV!
*scratches head* You mean Advance Adventure? They play that all the time...

A

aura500

This was a good episode, the first bad ash had with grovle was great. but the only thing that disapointed me was when ash lost to may, if he had only trained taillow more. I will give it 8/10.

PDL

disenchanted
technically, Taillow didn't even get hit by Torchic's attacks... if anything, it was landing more hits on Torchic (despite the taunts that Ash recieved from the crowd)

besides, even if Taillow did manage to defeat Torchic (fair and square mind you) chances are that Rose would have still declared May the winner by some false technicalliy of something...