• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
V Faction said:
*scratches head* You mean Advance Adventure? They play that all the time...

Well, I've never heard it before...of course, I've only seen about six dubbed episodes from Seasons 6 and 7, so that might be a contributing factor. Still, with the knowledge I had, it surprised me.

Squeaky Yugi

Bring on the Metapod
re..

The townspeople actually believed that all Max could say was "Wobba"? Isn't Wobuffett's Japanese name "Sonase" literally translating to "That's right" Meaning it would have been more believable in Japan. Still, a Max who always agrees with his sister? How could they not be suspicious? Also, in my opinion, the North Petalbugrites, ians, ese, whatevers, desevred to be ripped off if they could fall for a blue Max, and a May who's suddenly without her "maturing"

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I've got to say that i just saw this episode yesterday, and boy was it just plain weird, The way those boys were acting was uncalled for, and i am personally glad they got the snot kicked out of them. Overall until the Ash/May battle the episode was good, but after that it went down hill.

N

Neo Flygon

Don't the people of North Petalburg get that Norman has to be challenged and lose occasionally. If Norman always wins then no one has the Balance Badge, and if no one has said badge how is there gonna be a Hoenn League Tournament. This is precisely why I prefer the Pocket-Monster Special Manga,
because in it people can actually use their brain

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Serebii said:
Papa Is Idol!? False Gym Leader?!

Heading back to Petalburg City, Ash & Co. get swamped by people fawning over May & Max, the children of their town gym leader. However nearby, Team Rocket are posing as the family and causing trouble. Will they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
I never saw this epoisde because of 'District 11' offical name of it is
"FVA District 11 Music Performance Assessment" yeah it long to say.
So How was the epoisde?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
OH. MY. GOD. This was the freakin' most hilarious episode of the season!!! :D There were so many great highlights of the episode:

-- May and Max becoming the first twerps other than Ash to be named by Team Rocket (I can't believe James is still the only one not to call a twerp by name)
-- May's "I'm winning I'm winning I'm winning I'm winning I'm winning..." :D I know in the original Japanese she just kept saying "ember", but I think it works better that she just did that once in the episode. Although I'm not a big fan of chibi, I think the chibi May the second time was cute. :)
-- The dumb-as-a-post neighbor that couldn't tell "May" and "Max" apart from the real thing. :D
-- Pikachu getting the accolades instead of Ash. Wow, that was a flashback to the old days ("The Purr-fect Hero").
-- Ash getting roasted. :D Okay, so that caused the infamous I-hate-May flamewar last year on this forum, which I remember all too well, but that was hilarious.

This episode was good enough to vault it into #4 on my all-time favorite episodes list (between "Dues and Don'ts" and "Address Unown". Not bad for an episode that got BBQ'd on the forum last year.

10/10

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!
Does anyone else think it was weird how Torchic used Ember but then it turned into something that looked suspiciously like Flamethrower?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The_Mighty_Medicham said:
Does anyone else think it was weird how Torchic used Ember but then it turned into something that looked suspiciously like Flamethrower?

She used ember so much that the ember fire balls kinda ended merging into the flamethrower like stream.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Neo Flygon said:
Don't the people of North Petalburg get that Norman has to be challenged and lose occasionally. If Norman always wins then no one has the Balance Badge, and if no one has said badge how is there gonna be a Hoenn League Tournament. This is precisely why I prefer the Pocket-Monster Special Manga,
because in it people can actually use their brain
In it's defense it should be noted these townspeople were viewed as wierd and stupid by the other characters too. It was all really making fun of how crazy people can get over celebraties. Note how May cries out "This looks nothing like me!"

I liked Max's note near the beginning of the episode where he tells the others that the crowd doesn't really care about May or him, they just get attention because they're Norman's children.

The guy who "lived next door to the Norman family for most of his adult life" was obviously a pathetic fanboy who didn't know the family well at all. Norman probably filed a lawsuit or something to make him move away. There is a reason all these fans stay miles away from where Norman actually lives after all. ^_^

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
This episode was really good, in both, dub and original, versions. Wobbuffet dressed up as Max was just hilarious. And I liked the battle between Grovyle and Golduck, even if it was a bit short. It's always cool to see Grovyle battling =)
Grovyle's dub voice was giving me the creeps though ^^"

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
And the moral of the story is...HERO WORSHIP MAKES YOU STUPID!!!

Anyone with half a brain can tell that those were Meowth and Wobbuffet! What were these people on? 0_o Well, it was funny.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Yes people, it was a good episode because it was funny and had lots of humor in it, which is what I've been saying is the key ingredient to making these filler episodes like this one stand out.

In any case, I was hoping Ash would knock the stuffing out of all those trainers and he did, nice one! Shame no one ever gives him recognition, but that's what makes him a good character many respects, reminds of the good Kanto days where Ash was always the underdog, nice to see he still has some of that about him. May got a little bit lucky in her battle, although give credit to her torchic, that ember attack has really come of age since it was last used.

So because of the fact Norman's famous, and Ash is nobody in Petalburg, should make his upcomming match a good one.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Pretty funny stuff in this episode. There's nothing more random then an angry mob, just watch most Simpsons or Fairly Oddparents episodes. XD

I really gotta appluade Ash and his team for beating all those trainers that attacked him. Despite the losses he's had during this arc, he's shown himself to be a lot tougher then he used to be in the early days.

James and Jessie pulled an excellent job looking like Norman and Caroline, and Meowth and Wobbuffet dressed as Haruka-san and Masato was hilarious.

Lotta Ash-bashing in this episode, but otherwise a good one.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
This episode was HILARIOUS! XD Although it did rather annoy me that the townspeoples never got their comeuppance. So sue me, I'm vindictive. ;) What really struck me, though, is how much Ash has changed over the course of the series. Can you imagine how he would have reacted if this ep had occurred during Kanto? o_O

V

vulpix

now this episode had alot of humor in it.ithe #1 funniest thing in this episode it when tha towns people thought that Meowth was May and Wabaffet was Max.i mean come on.

F

Factory Head Noland

This is one of the best episodes ever, it is just so funny. I loved it when Team Rocket dressed up as Norman, Caroline, May and Max.
I loved the battling aswell and when as soon as Ash was winning the crowd would boo at him.
Grovyle VS Golduck was great, Ash sure whooped that trainer's a*s! And all the other trainers!
Advanced Adventure was in this episode! Pikachu defeating Team Rocket with Quick Attack was good to see.
I think the crowds were funny, they would run all over town looking for the family, lol.

Overall 10/10, this episode is one of the best!

I love this ep. It was funny, cool and enteraining. But all thought this episode one word poped into my head OBBSESSION! Did anyone else think that? But Grovlye vs Golduck was cool. And heres a cool quote.

James(dressed as norman):Meowth stop running like a girl!
Meowth(dressed as may):I can't help it I knew I should of been Max!

lol I laughed forever when I heard that. Also i loved it when they couldn't tell Meowth and May apart and Max and Wobby apart. lol. A very good ep.

9/10!

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
Note: I missed it when it first came out and missed again on it Friday encore it only now aired again.

I liked it, one of the funnier ones. I really loved Chibib-May so Kawaii! Does anyone have a pic of it?

W

WindyNight

I love that episode. It's SO funny..
I like May's expressions in that episode...^^