• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
I thought this was a poor episode. The battle between Ash and May was unfair and cheap, They couldn't remember EXACTLY what may and max looked like (despite the fact that they know them quite well), and is it just me, or did those kids who battled Ash plan this all along, because this felt as if they were up to something, don't you think? Overall, I didn't like the episode, because I hate people being booed/hated for no reason whatsoever, and I hate cheap and unfair battles, and don't ask why. Although Chibi May was kinda cute

4/10

I'm sorry, but this is not one of my favorite Hoenn episodes. I'm honest about my reviews and my opinions and I'm keeping them

G

Geki

I liked the episode, mainly because May actually used her Torchic. It was a pitty that it was such a cheap fight, they neglect Taillow so much. Seeing Chibi May was pretty cool, but seeing the Imposter Team Rocket was even better.

8/10

T

Transducer

Lol all the fans were idiots. Anyways I didn't like this ep much because of the way the people treated Ash while praising May and Max a lot. But in the end, it was Pikachu who got all the compliments while Ash got none. But meh, he was mature enough to keep quiet \=

Anyways I give this ep 6/10

E

Enigma

Dark

Is it just me, or is the show getting darker? I mean, in this episode, Ash is forced to battle endlessly, fight against one of his friends, and in that battle, he loses because he is torched in the face. Then, I also noticed a reporter yelled "What the Pokemon?" Pokemon substituting a curse word.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Transducer said:
Lol all the fans were idiots. Anyways I didn't like this ep much because of the way the people treated Ash while praising May and Max a lot. But in the end, it was Pikachu who got all the compliments while Ash got none. But meh, he was mature enough to keep quiet \=

Anyways I give this ep 6/10

I agree with you on how they treated Ash. I think it was worse than Meg Griffin's treatment on Family Guy, not to mention blasphemous, especially beacuse Ash finished Top 16 in Indigo, Top 8 in Johto (and later Hoenn), and won the f&cking Orange League! I say he's as good as the New England Patriots, notice that his outfit has some, if not all of the team colors of the Patriots. And Ash has the most popular Pokemon, Pikachu.

As for rating, 6.75 out of 10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This was an excellent episode. Some people just don't understand the point in "fanboys" which were what these townspeople were. This episode was meant to be humourous, not serious, which is why the battle wasn't taken seriously.

Too bad they don't make more episodes like this.

S

Shadowcat

Excellent Episode. Though Wobbuffet was a funny Max. Overall an excellent and funny episode. Well, good things don't last forever Team Rocket. May Meowth was scary.

D

Dr. Sun

I really enjoyed seeing Ash mop the floor with every single trainer in Petalburg City, myself. It just shows that Torkoal probably got plenty of action against worthy opponents, since it was as pooped out as the rest of Ash's pokemon. It was a distinct pleasure to see those arrogant snobs get the wind taken out of their sails; they were even worse than the worst examples of Princess Diana fans...

I really would have liked to see them about to lynch Ash for winning a Balance Badge in the next episode, only to have Norman tell them off for being unfair and unsportsmanlike. THAT would have shut them up.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I've offended anyone who likes Princess Diana. I have nothing against Diana herself, just some of her most obsessive fans.

P.P.S.: The way they treated Ash in this episode is completely different from the way everyone treats Meg on Family Guy. Meg actually deserves everything that happens to her. Ash doesn't.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Dr. Sun said:
I really enjoyed seeing Ash mop the floor with every single trainer in Petalburg City, myself. It just shows that Torkoal probably got plenty of action against worthy opponents, since it was as pooped out as the rest of Ash's pokemon. It was a distinct pleasure to see those arrogant snobs get the wind taken out of their sails; they were even worse than the worst examples of Princess Diana fans...

I really would have liked to see them about to lynch Ash for winning a Balance Badge in the next episode, only to have Norman tell them off for being unfair and unsportsmanlike. THAT would have shut them up.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I've offended anyone who likes Princess Diana. I have nothing against Diana herself, just some of her most obsessive fans.

P.P.S.: The way they treated Ash in this episode is completely different from the way everyone treats Meg on Family Guy. Meg actually deserves everything that happens to her. Ash doesn't.

Did I also mention that how they treated Ash was FUKKING BLASPHEMOUS?

Kabuto

little punks!
This episode was the worst Advanced Episode if not the worst Pokemon episode EVER. The May fight was pathetic and cheap. Ash never had his revenge on May in a battle even though he was given the perfect oppurtunity in "The Bicker the Better". It showed that May is/was a terrible trainer. Pretty pathetic even though I like May's character. I hated all of the Petalburg residents because they were idiots. Team Rocket's disguise was rather rubbish also. I'm so glad Torchic evolved, I was just about sick of it up to this point. 1/10 for me. So much build up on Petalburg city for this awful episode, a love episode, and a mediocre gym match.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I feel really sorry for Ash for being constantly tormented by the locals of Petalburg (especially the reporter) simply because they only care about their idol Norman. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Anaya

Synthesis
Err this episode made me so mad! They were picking on Ash! But at least they got what they deserved and got their butts kicked!

Lord Ike

I WISHED THIS EPISODE WAS NEVER CREATED! Okay yeah sure this episode started off okay up until Ash completely destroyed all of those trainers. It wasn't a fair fight because those trainers eavesdropping on a conversation that Ash had with Brock which they had no part in! So they go and challenge him which was all right since his party was at full health. However all he was doing was accepting challenges and trying his hardest, what was so snobby about that oh I know nothing. So while he was being crowded by new trainers that battled him, they old ones would just go over to the pokemon Center heal their pokemon and challenge him again! Then of course the first two trainers go into town square and lie about him saying he was mean and stuff. So then of course the townspeople force May to go battle him which was also bad since May competes in contests not battles. So Ash has a party of tired Pokemon while May has a team of healthy Pokemon. Then in a rigged match it's Tailow VS Torchic. So then May and unfair battle for the following reasons,
1. Torchic used Ember on Ash which should mean disqualification.
2. All Ash's Pokémon were tired from the literally hundreds of battles.
3. The crowd was booing him and breaking his concentration.
If only Brock was the referee, then the fight would have been fair and May would be disqualified. Then Team steals a pokemon again and in the end Pikachu blasts them off with a thunderbolt. So then for once the citizens actually give compliments but wait. When Ash says thanks they get mad at him saying the compliments were for Pikachu saying that it was strong and he was lazy and had nothing to do with it however he's the freakin trainer!

The only part that was good about this episode was that Jessie and James were in good disguises. This episode gets my vote for worst episode ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-INFINITY/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This episode was just great all the way though. I haven't seen an angry mob on the show for a while, so this was entertaining. 10/10

I hate....Hate....Hate this episode.....May accepting the win was just as bad as the crowd booing Ash. Ash would have freakin won if that stupid crowd hadn't bood him and May cheated, gurr. The only fun thing about this episode was seeing Ash battle a lot and teaming with his Pokemon. Also seeing Team Rocket dressed as May and Max and her parents were funny. But yah I hate this episode, one of the reasons why I'm an anti May fan. Forgot about this one for a while than that other episode the Biker the Bitter aired mad me hate May more. Bah...I'm done, rant out.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
The reason those fans of Norm, Carol, may and Max insulted Ash is because, in reality, they really like him. Or am I wrong?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I crack up when I think that Meowth and Wobbuffet were dressed as May and Max, respectively. What I didn't enjoy was Ash getting booed every time he got a hit on May's Pokemon D:

Funny episode all the same ^^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was fun to see how team rocket were dressed like the family of may, i had to luagh when i first saw that.