• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

Shinnie-tan

Rewatching this episode was something...special. Hilarious, yes but I still wanted to whack the crazy fans over the head with something heavy. Although the crazy lady gave the win to May, Ash really showed his stuff in his episode by defeating legions of trainers with the same pokemon over and over- seriously, although it was a bad situation for him, you can't deny he was all sorts of awesome. The fact that he still hand Taillow fresh for battling was even more awesome, showing that he had been slaughtering trainer after trainer with only four pokemon and those pokemon didn't even get hurt during the battles, just worn out.

A pity it was never acknowledged but hey, awesome nevertheless. Kanto!Ash--hell, Johto!Ash wouldn't have been able to have done that without snapping in a fit of anger or allowing his head to be messed up during the battle due to the taunts of the crowds.

A little surprised and disappointed the whole incident was brushed off though- I can understand Ash, since he's all cheerful and forgiving like that but when they walked away with May saying nothing and Max not even prodding her to apologise was a bit of a downer. Oh well, an amusing episode either way.

danparker

I remember this episode 4 years ago. It was cool and funny. The way Ash was made into a jerk, even though it wasn't true. And Meowth and Wobuffet's disguise were hilarious. I say there was "Confusion and Delay" in this episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I randomly rewatched this ep, absolutely hilarious. LMAO @ the people who get upset that the townspeople were anti-Ash.

Great episode with tons of humor.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved the battle between Grovyle and Golduck.

and all the people hated Ash, he was so angry...

6/10

NES

Flip me to the side!
Wonderful episode, i know i shouldn't care but how in the world they can mistake May for a Meowth, and same for Max. It was part of the fun though.

The townsfolk are insane! They really love Norman and their family, i never seen a town so mean at Ash, it was hilarious they kept sending out pokemon to battle him, he was wore out at his battle against May, it was fun how she got carried away too!

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I vote Petalburg as the town with the most dumbest people in the anime world.
Seriously how in the world could they even think Meowth/Wobbafeut wasn't May/Max, they really need glasses.

As for the hating ground I am so glad Ash pwned every last one of those trainers. They deserved everything they get. Obivously they don't know the Gym rules, anyone is allowed to challenge any Gym leader they want (Aleast Norman wasn't like Erika, although those people acted like Erika's people). Those people deserved to get tricked by TR and pwned by Ash.

saar

Shiny Flygon
It was actually a Team Rocket episode and I love them. Usually, but this one wasn't that good.
The most screentime went to Ash and May's problems, and that's why Team Rocket haven't got the screentime they were supposed to get. But Petalburg city is very nice.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I liked how everyone was battling Ash and how the whole city was full of crazed Norman fans, it was too funny!

This was really a great episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Amazing episode to be honest, even if it did seem like Filler at first. While everyone was on their way to Petalburg City, they suddenly stopped at North Petalburg City and we got to see the people in the city act like paparazzi and start interviewing May and Max since apparently, their father was famous? Well, he sort of is, in Petalburg City though. I loved seeing Team Rocket pose as Norman, Caroline, May and Max since Meowth was dressed as May and Wobbuffet was Max lol. It was funnier that people thought they were the genuine article too. We got to see Ash battle against some of the people there and then May and Max caught up to Team Rocket and saw that Meowth and Wobbuffet dressed as them which was funny to see. I think this was a comedic relief episode, and it really did the trick. 8/10.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
i absolutlly love this epiosose mainly becuse when i first watched it when i was 12 i laughed all the way through the epiosode for the whole 22 minutes plus the adverts in between. BLOOMING TRio makes me laugh

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... The disguises TR used of Norman, Caroline, Max and May were all really bizarre... Grovyle against Golduck was a really cool battle. It was so bizarre how no one could tell those disguises were fake. This episode was really hilarious, so many funny moments.

32/100

CliveKoopa

This episode was great and funny. I was a bit annoyed at all those locals though. Ash should have cared more for his pokemon also refusing to battle trainer after traiiner telling them point-blank that his pokemon need rest. I thought it was very irresponsible of those trainers to force Ash into repeated battles when his pokemon were clearly exhausted.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hope an episode like this doesn't get put in Best Wishes when we get to the last gym. Screwing Ash has been the writers strong points since all this began, so something like this is good for training but not for the weakling who's Pokemon barely battles.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
"D. Dunstan" the reporter, eh? I wonder who voiced him? :p

VERY enjoyable episode. I thoroughly enjoyed Ash vs. everybody. That needs to happen more often.

Vernikova

Champion
It was a funny episode but it wasn't amazing or anything. It's certainly an improvement over the last couple of episodes. The town's people were pretty annoying but I did find May's match against Ash to be pretty humorous if nothing else.

7threst

This episode was hilarious with all these "fanboys" going all over Ash and Brock and worshipping May and Max. I also really enjoyed Team Rocket in masquerading as the Norman's. This episode was meant as comical relief and it surely did that in my opinion.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This was a fun episode. Those silly fans lol