• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
This episode sucked, ro be honest, the fanboys were annoying as hell, so was May.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a sense of humor, this was just unfunny. It was great to see him prove them wrong, but they WOULD NOT shut up, Ash had to sudfer while the others got off scot free.

~marioluigifan05

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I have a sense of humor, this was just unfunny. It was great to see him prove them wrong, but they WOULD NOT shut up, Ash had to sudfer while the others got off scot free.

~marioluigifan05

Again, it's called dramatic irony. We knew Ash was a strong trainer and the townspeople were nuts.

Look at the reviews in this thread before yours, everyone else found it funny because we understood what the point was.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I saw just as many who hated it as those wgo enjoyed it.

Its not funny to see the innocent get punished without redemption or anything.

Another thing: TR disguises were probably some of the worst in the series, they didnteven try

~marioluigifan05

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

Another thing: TR disguises were probably some of the worst in the series, they didnteven try

~marioluigifan05

You're joking, right? If this is the episode where TR dressed up as May's family it was hilarious.

And if you think these disguises were bad you haven't seen their terrible ones in many other fillers.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

~marioluigifan05

When did team rocket every try with there diguises? plus why would they? ash wouldn't have noticed them regardless

Also.. did you just sign your post? :}

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
The disguises were FUNNY, but not convincing. They use much worse ones later on, but at the time this aired, they were almost unrivaled in terms of convincability (I cant spell).

They tried back in OI.

~marioluigifan05

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jessie and James looked exactly like Norman and Caroline.

I was referring to Meowth and Wobbuffet, those were awful.

~marioluigifan05

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
A Double Dilemma

I really was looking forward to this episode when I read the summary…I really was. But then I watched it…

This episode begins with Ash and co. arriving at a town filled with annoying May and Max fanboys/girls. It starts off okay, with May and Max being piled on by the crowd, but then once Ash shows his badges and announces that he wants to challenge Norman, it all goes downhill from there. What follows is 15+ minutes of Ash torture. This kinda reminds me of the Avatar Day episode from Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is the main reason I wanted to watch it so badly), but whereas the Avatar Day episode was funny, and had a good ending, this was the exact opposite. Most of the humor in this episode derives from Ash bashing, which is one of the lowest forms of comedy. Avatar Day had Aang bashing, too (sort of), but at least it was explained. In this episode, there's no rhyme or reason.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket (and Wobbuffet) disguises themselves as the Maple family. The human disguises are decent, but the Pokemon disguises aren’t. It wouldn’t be so bad if FANBOYS/GIRLS could recognize them, but no, they don’t. Anyway, back to Ash. The whole town decides that he’s not worthy of battling their “pwecious” Norman (wouldn’t fanboys/girls want to see their idol ‘crush’ Ash?), so one guy with a Golduck challenges him, and loses. Then a bunch of other people challenge him, and also lose. The old lady then gets MAY to challenge him, and since most of his Pokemon are tired out (and they won’t even give him the time to heal them), he is forced to use Taillow. Ash is doing good, but then May spams Torchic’s Ember, and it hits…Ash. This declares May the winner, which is stupid.

To finally put an end to this episode, Team Rocket gets exposed, Ash has Pikachu beat them, and it looks like the townspeople have finally gained respect for him…but then they praise Pikachu, and STILL brush Ash off. What happens next? Like in most other episodes, they just head off to the next town, without even so much as an apology from EITHER May and/or any of the townspeople.

Worst. Episode. Ever!

Who the Pokemon greenlit this episode (reference to a lame line from the same episode)? This is a disgrace – to BOTH Pokemon AND Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Side note: Isn't it ironic that the episode with the initials "ADD" is the one I can't sit through?

Just like in 'Will The Real Professor Oak Please Stand Up?', Jessie and James pull off a really good imitation of Norman and Caroline. :)

Something I found odd about this episode was that they were in North Petalburg City, but the announcer said at the end that they were on their way to Petalburg City.
Technically, they were already there, Mr. Announcer.

Also, are people really getting upset at the battle earlier in the episode? A battle that wasn't meant to be taken that seriously?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow it was odd yet funny how Max and May were treated like celebrities by the city's residents. Team Rocket's stunt with the disguises was actually cool, especially how Wobbuffet was dressed as Max. :D

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Ah,a pretty enjoyable episode.The people of North petalburg are the weirdest people I have ever seen in the Pokemon world.Team Rocket's disguises were damn funny,specially that of Meowth and Wobbuffet.Jessie and James looked exactly like Norman and Caroline. 9/10

Gillachu

Banned
Lol TR dressing up as May's family was too hilarious and random, but still enjoyable. Jessie even looked kind of hot as Caroline. ;)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I felt really sorry for Ash for being constantly tormented by the locals of Petalburg City simply because they only cared about their idol, Norman. :p

ZilverLox

Banned
This is one of the best episodes ever, it is just so funny. I loved it when Team Rocket dressed up as Norman, Caroline, May and Max. I loved the battling aswell and when as soon as Ash was winning, the crowd would boo at him. Pikachu defeating Team Rocket with Quick Attack was good to see. I think the crowds were funny, they would run all over town looking for the family.