• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Dilemma (344)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Double Dilemma!

Heading back to Petalburg City, Ash & Co. get swamped by people fawning over May & Max, the children of their town gym leader. However nearby, Team Rocket are posing as the family and causing trouble. Will they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
My Predicted Titles:
False Family Affair
The Fake Family Face-Off!
Punk'd, Pokemon Style!
There's No Place Like Home

H

Hales

King Shuckle said:
My Predicted Titles:
False Family Affair
The Fake Family Face-Off!
Punk'd, Pokemon Style!
There's No Place Like Home
They did a version of 'There's No Place Like Home' already with 'No Place Like Hoenn' way back in Pokemon Advanced... so I don't think they'll use that one.

But the first two are awesome titles... The Fake Family Face-off! a favourite though :D

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
How about "The Worst Episode in the History of the Anime".

I'm already hating this episode. It's the episode that made me into an anti-May fan.
-1/10
:mad:

Chris

Old Coot
Oh grow up. Give some good reasonings as to why this episode was bad.

"Tunnel Vision" is the worst one. :|

Meowth and Wobbuffet dressed as Haruka and Masato were hilarious. The battles were neatly done, especially Grovyle against Golduck. I thought the whole decleration of Haruka being the victor because of Torchic knocking Satoshi out was hilarious. Especially when she started shouting for Torchic to use "Hinoko" (Ember) rapidly in a chibi-ized style. XD

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I'm entitled to my opinions. I don't have to defend them to you.

Chris

Old Coot
Opinions only matter when you have something to back them up. Just flat out saying something's stupid without any justified reasoning is called bashing.

H

Hales

Was it because May unfairly beat Ash? because I didn't find that fair either... but then I'm slightly biased to Ash because I adore him :D

I on the other hand am looking forward to this episode, I like the idea of seeing Ash torched by mistake :)

Chris

Old Coot
Technically she didn't win. The woman only declared her as the winner because she was biased towards the daughter of Senri. Even Masato pointed out that she was supposed to knock out Subame rather than Satoshi. XD

H

Hales

I had an idea that was what it was... :) Taillow dodged the attack right?

I read the summary and even I thought Max was unhappy with that 'win' but wasn't he disgruntled over May getting all the attention anyway?

MaskedManAbsolkid

The picture of Meowth and Wobbuffet as May and Max looked funny! If Ash didn't realise it was Team Rocket, it'd be really weird.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Were the people of that town on something. How could they explain how May shrunk and Max grew and turned blue?

Yes, the battle is the straw that broke the Camerupts back for me. If I was Ash I would told the locals shut their collective traps and let me do my job. Preying on a trainer who has a bunch of tired Pokemon, he was tired, and then could here himself think with all the shouting. May should have known better. It was dishonorable for Ash and May. After that, I had no respect for May.

B

BlueV2

It's pokemon...the people NEVER notice when someone changes skin color...plus their only 14 or 15...they arn't adults so stop treating them like they are.

C

Crystal Latios

Yes, you are right. Honestly, It was weird for me. People couldn`t see, that "Max" has blue skin XD and "May" is very small and has cat ears. But how Slow said, its a pokemon and people just don`t see some things.

Chris

Old Coot
I found it hilarious how the group started to notice that "Masato" was shouting "Sonansu" when the town's people didn't. XD

And seriously, Satoshi doesn't have a hot headed temper. So the town declared her as the winner when he got knocked out by Ember. So what? You make it sound like they stayed in favor of Haruka the whole episode. They were fans of Senri's whole family. They were biased. It's not Haruka's fault. The town then recognized Sato--okay, rather Pikachu's feats when they beat the Rocket Gang. The town is filled with fanboy idiots. No need to hate Haruka just cause the town's extremely biased.

Were it a REAL battle judged by a League Rep., the battle would have kept going since Taillow was still able to battle.

H

Hales

Why oh why did I cause mass grief and frustration by mentioning the battle *cringes*

Sorry!

So if the battle continued who would have won? of course knowing that poor Ash was exhausted and having a raging headache from screaming biased Norman fans? ;)

Chris

Old Coot
Considering Taillow wasn't tired and Haruka most likely had Torchic waste a bit of energy doing that huge Ember, I'm sure Taillow would've won. Especially since it was winning in the first place.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I don't see why Ash didin't force the issue that the battle wasn't over. Considering how he went through a lot to get some matches, he was a real wuss on this one.

H

Hales

Ash was tired and had a headache (kind of not hard to with screaming Norman fans around)... I think that was the real reason! :)

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
I don't see why Ash didin't force the issue that the battle wasn't over. Considering how he went through a lot to get some matches, he was a real wuss on this one.
Do you actually think they were going to listen if he went on outrage on them? e_e