• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Team Turnover! (Part Two) (565)

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Here we have it, the second part of the Cynthia/ Team Galactic two-parter. And what a great and fantastic episode it was once again!

Let's take a closer look at it:

An awesome battle at the beginning. That's what I call a real turmoil! A rousing and thrilling scene full of action. Chimchar's care for Pikachu and its courage were somehow moving. It is a great Pokemon with an just as great character.
Awwwww, I LOVED when my Queen Cynthia said: "Oh please...I'm fine with showing off". She so adorable and sympathetic and still knows when she has to act as the powerful and determined Champion. I loooove her awareness of being elite which shows through whenever it is appropriate.
Lovely and elite...what a woman! What an (almost) perfect woman :eek: I have such a crash on her, I barely can describe it

Chimchar stroking Ash's cheek was so sweet. You can't help being moved by this scene.
And then Queen Cynthia's profound words about the relationship between Ash, Chimchar and Paul. I'm still philosophizing about what she could have alluded to. What does she mean? What exactly is that bond between the three? I mean, it's Cynthia who said those words, so, they simply must have consequences for the future. Oh, Cynthia if only you had already revealed the mystery of your words!

While Cyrus was rather neutral in the first part, he can rightly be called creepy, no, even terrifying this time. Just recall that scene in front of the fresco where he yells at Team Rocket with that intimidating voice and almost goes nuts. This was somewhat surprising for Pokemon but the more unusual, the better it was. Cyrus eye's becoming red and turning into the orbs and his devilish laughter while the fresco was also truning red almost made you wonder if he might be a descendant of the devil himself.

Well, although I planned not to criticize anything about this episde, there's something that bothered me nevertheless.
How in the world could Skuntank escape with the Lustrous Orb??? It left the building through the entrance which means it had to get past Garchomp and Pikachu as well as Cynthia and Ash (!!) who were standing at the entrance. That's just impossible!
We just saw it running towards Jupier and all of a sudden(!) the whole (!) Team Galactic (even Mars' group within(!) the buiding) were gone as if they would have been magicked away.
This simply destroyes the logic of the episode. Do the writers really want to make us believe that our heroes and the Champion(!!) Cynthia were not able to cope with a team whose Pokemon are not really that powerful, or to chase them at least? I'd be grateful for a logical answer, because I won't let this confusing fact destroy the excellent and outstanding episode

Again, a masterpiece and despite the logical mistake mentioned above I'll award the maximum of points available:

10 out of 10 points!

Pokefan 2000

after this episode i so hope Cynthina plays a major role in Team Galactic defeat i want to see her and Cyrus go head to head so bad!

How in the world could Skuntank escape with the Lustrous Orb??? It left the building through the entrance which means it had to get past Garchomp and Pikachu as well as Cynthia and Ash (!!) who were standing at the entrance. That's just impossible!
10 out of 10 points!

Ash and the gang were shrouded in that smog, or dust clouds.

I liked watching this ep. Although it was hard to make out what they were saying at some points (especially Team Rocket).

Did Ash say that he sucked? He did! He said "Man, I suck!". It was weird hearing him say that..

Team Galactic is serving as a bigger threat than Team Magma or Aqua. They're so awesome...

Overall rating: 10/10

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
...why does Jupiter sound like a teenager?

...why did they play Vicious's theme at the end?

WHY DID THEY PAD THE PLOT WITH TEAM ROCKET? And usually I LOVE Rocket plots! But that was just pathetic! How exactly were they able to just WALK OUT with the orb? Especially with everything around there that could just come up and take it away from them! There's only one person I can think of who could have pulled that off successfully and it's Brodie. And he would have dressed up as a Galactic to do it.
...although that would have been made of complete win and awesome and aasffhkehfkashfkshdfsdfhsf *droooooool*.

Also, I really feel sorry for Sean Schemmel. Thinking of how many takes that DIVINE RAAAAAAGE! scene must have taken, I can only imagine how long he'd have to rest his throat after that. Seriously, try to match that just *once*, and then try to do it, like, five more times, and tell me what your throat feels like. Heck, he'd be lucky if it didn't trigger his gag.

thunderblade12

- Cyrus' personality is great. Freakin' psychopath.

- This episode makes me think Cynthia will have further roles in the Team Galactic arc. That should secure her at least one more appearence. Possibly the final TG showdown like in the games.

- Ah, so Jupiter is in charge of collecting the pixies. Saturn and Mars had episodes focusing on them, Jupiter will probably get an episode devoted to her when the group reach Lake Aqucity with Hunter J.

- One of Brock's pokemon did enough to end up in a hospital bed? Wow.

And then Queen Cynthia's profound words about the relationship between Ash, Chimchar and Paul. I'm still philosophizing about what she could have alluded to. What does she mean? What exactly is that bond between the three? I mean, it's Cynthia who said those words, so, they simply must have consequences for the future. Oh, Cynthia if only you had already revealed the mystery of your words!

Could it possibly be the conflicting natures between Ash and Paul?
When 2 things meet, something is born....
When Ash meets Paul, the truth is born!
Think about it: Chimchar was previously with Paul, but then went with Ash.
So Chimchar then is whatever is "born" when Ash and Paul become one (uhh no AshxPaul intended).
I think Cynthia is trying to say that only when you experience both sides of something can you truly understand it.
Chimchar, when he was with Paul, underwent the deepest cruelty, thus it only understands the negative side of life.
Then, he came to Ash, who symbolizes all the positive things in life.
Now that Chimchar has experienced both, it knows the true value of love and friendship.
Notice how Paul's Pokemon are all cruel and cold and how Ash's Pokemon are all ignorant and take his love for granted.
Only Chimchar understands the true value, so he went and suffered the blow for Pikachu.
This would also explain why Cynthia suspected Chimchar to be previously Paul's; she knew what would be "born" when their ways fuse.

Feel free to tear up my analysis!
I always want to know what others think :]

Last edited:

katfairy

So, I finally saw it on place-that-must-not-be-mentioned. (No Cartoon Network here, as it turns out. Feh.) Good follow-up to last week's.

Cyrus. Wow. Bringing the crazy at maximum levels. Cynthia seems a bit suspicious of him now; I wonder how that will play out.

Ash. Surprisingly mature and very young at the same time this episode. I was surprised at the compliment from Cyrus- I think he may be the most complex villain Ash has ever faced. Pity Ash doesn't know that yet.

Croagunk and Chimchar. Not often we see injuries that last longer than an overnight stay.

...Did Ash actually recognise TR before they removed their costumes? It's the end of an era! (Or not; I think we all know Our Heroes will go back to not noticing the talking Meowth nest episode.)

Dawn is scared, and says so flat out, and gives good reasons for it. There is actually a discussion of the implications of what could happen.

Several interesting points to this episode. Our Heroes have a good reason for not knowing a villain is a Real Bad Guy for a change, since he is vouched for by two well-respected figures and the kids don't know him well enough to realize that he is batcrap crazy- although the Villain Rant in the ruins may have given them a clue. A connection between Team Galactic and Hunter J is strongly hinted at; I can't say it's revealed since they didn't actually refer to her by name, but I doubt they'd bring in a new Hunter at this point. The Bad Guys are now 3 for 3, and Ash's temper is on the rise. That's never a good thing- Ash exploding means he does something stupid and reckless, but Ash truly angry and in control tends to get things done that shouldn't be possible. And I still wonder if Cyrus thinks there is a connection between Ash, Dawn, and the Sprites. If so, what will he do about it?

For a change, I'll comment on the voice acting- I didn't care at all for Jupiter's voice. I was hoping for something more Ruth Henshall-ish. Or a bit smoky, like Sarah Vaughn.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Great episode, I can't wait to see Hunter J going after the lake spirits.
I'm a bit disappointed in Cynthia, you would think having the region champion
on your side would make a huge difference. Also, we're use to Ash & Pals being
oblivious to everything but her not catching on the Cyrus disapointed me, I like
her and now I feel she isn't as smart as I thought. She was suspicious but seriously, Cyrus is a terrible actor and everyone watching would have known he was with Team Galactic even without already knowing. I dunno, they got away on her watch, it just doesn't sit well with me. Still, great episode, I love the Admins.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
- This episode makes me think Cynthia will have further roles in the Team Galactic arc. That should secure her at least one more appearence. Possibly the final TG showdown like in the games.

From all that foreshadowing we saw, I really do hope so. An epic battle wouldnt be complete with out her, to either support or help Battle. I think the TG showdown will hopefully be more epic than what we heard.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
A great episode, with a very intriguing end. Finally, we see Ash not being able to foil the plan of the villain organization. The major battle in the museum put up a hell lot of smoke, TR should've run away with the Orb instantly. But their biggest mistake was discarding the police uniforms. With that, they could've got past the barricades and disappeared with the Orb. But this ending is okay, as it sets up a promising battle.
Cyrus was really given a psychopathic character.

AH. I loved this episode. :) So much stuff about it. I loved how TG let TR leave with the orb, just so they could track them down without the twerps there. AND JUPITER. I had to get used to her voice. For some reason I was thinking she was going to have a more deeper womanly voice ..but ah well. It was okay anyways.

And Cyrus ..I fricken love how angry he gets, and everyone is just all "WTF" at him. xD
AND MARS. <3 I wanted to squeeze her when she giggled at the end when Cyrus came in the room and said something to Saturn about why so many things went wrong. xD That just shows Mars, besides being evil and bad, is a very giggly, happy girl. :)

I really love Team Galactic. This episode was great with all three commanders together. Very awesome! <3
And I was kinda surprised how the twerps and Cynthia just gave up in the end ..you would think they'd go after TG still. But in the end you could tell Cynthia senses something was up with Cyrus.

Loved the episode. :) TG IS AMAZINGGG!

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
So Chimchar then is whatever is "born" when Ash and Paul become one (uhh no AshxPaul intended).
I think Cynthia is trying to say that only when you experience both sides of something can you truly understand it.
Chimchar, when he was with Paul, underwent the deepest cruelty, thus it only understands the negative side of life.
Now that Chimchar has experienced both, it knows the true value of love and friendship.
Notice how Paul's Pokemon are all cruel and cold and how Ash's Pokemon are all ignorant and take his love for granted.
Only Chimchar understands the true value, so he went and suffered the blow for Pikachu.
This would also explain why Cynthia suspected Chimchar to be previously Paul's; she knew what would be "born" when their ways fuse.

Very interesting take on it. My only thing is that I don't think all of Ash's Pokemon are ignorant. Pikachu is most definitely not.

Linkdarkside

it to bad Ash and/or Brock did not mentioned Groundon and Kyogre because they are also were related by orbs that could control them. if they did they probably would figured that team Galactic want to control Palkia and Dialga

ash_forever

Greatest Hero

Well I've gotta admit that this is quite a good attempt to explain it
However, I tend to think that the actual meaning of Cynthia's saying is that you don't necessarily have to experience both sides of something, but that when two different poles come together ( Ash and Paul), something will be born.
Chimchar then is the concrete embodiment of that abstract something that is born of Ash and Paul alike.

We're slowly becoming philosophical ^^

btw. According to serebii.net, the next episode won't air until the week after next. Why?
"Sorry if I seem so upset" (^^), but that's a front if you ask me :(

Last edited:
Very interesting take on it. My only thing is that I don't think all of Ash's Pokemon are ignorant. Pikachu is most definitely not.

I don't mean ignorant as in stupid or anything. But I think all Ash's other Pokemon, including Pikachu, take his love for granted.
You can only truly identify, understand, and then appreciate something when it's not there. Ash's Pokemon, especially Pikachu, have never been away from his love. Therefore, they take it for granted and can't truly appreciate it's value.
The concept is like air pressure. We know it exists because science says so, but we don't truly understand what it is. This is because we have never experienced life without it. It's the same thing with Ash and his Pokemon I think.

Well I've gotta admit that this is quite a good attempt to explain it
However, I tend to think that the actual meaning of Cynthia's saying is that you don't necessarily have to experience both sides of something, but that when two different poles come together ( Ash and Paul), something will be born.
Chimchar then is the concrete embodiment of that abstract something that is born of Ash and Paul alike.

We're slowly becoming philosophical ^^

Wait... I don't understand what you're trying to say. Mind elaborating? XDD

OOOOO and I just remembered something.
Remember back in Battle Frontier?
Ash battled the dude with Swampert and Arcanine.
He used a Water + Fire fusion attack!!
And it turned into something else! XDDD

uber gon

Accept Change
Well Muddy Water wasn't as muddy as I thought it would be.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I don't mean ignorant as in stupid or anything. But I think all Ash's other Pokemon, including Pikachu, take his love for granted.
You can only truly identify, understand, and then appreciate something when it's not there. Ash's Pokemon, especially Pikachu, have never been away from his love. Therefore, they take it for granted and can't truly appreciate it's value.
The concept is like air pressure. We know it exists because science says so, but we don't truly understand what it is. This is because we have never experienced life without it. It's the same thing with Ash and his Pokemon I think.

Wait... I don't understand what you're trying to say. Mind elaborating? XDD

To be honest, I actually just repeated what you had already said, namely this:
Between Ash and Paul something abstract (an idea or whatsoever) was born whenever the met. And Chimchar is the one who embodies this abstract "something" concretely or, if you want, in reality ^^

I just disagree with your argument that the saying is meant to express that you have to experience both extremes to cherish the positive things in life. That may be true in general , but I think that's not what Cynthia's saying insinuates.

Yeah I know, philosophy can be somewhat difficult ^^

Hmm... we'll see.
It isn't like Pokemon to go into something this deep, so I'm probably wrong XDD

Can't wait until Cynthia reveals the true meaning!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
and the kids don't know him well enough to realize that he is batcrap crazy

Psssht. As I said on Bulbagarden, it's nothing Ash and Brock didn't pick up on from Eusine, and Eusine's (arguably) a good guy.

Of course, that doesn't make him *not* batcrap crazy, but hey.