• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Team Turnover! (Part Two) (565)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Charge of Team Galactic! (Part Two)

The Celestic Ruins have been attacked by Cyrus and the other leaders of Team Galactic. Searching for the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs, Cyrus intends to summon Dialga & Palkia. However, Jenny, Cynthia and Ash & co. are all set to stop Team Galactic's evil schemes. Team Rocket, on the other hand, have plans of their own...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well it looks like they got both the orbs now, along with some weird grid looking thing, look out sinnoh all heck shall soon break loose.

Man there was alot of golbat slaughtering in this episode, and it was intresting to see cynthia have a talk with Chimchar after finding out it was Paul's. Not to mention her Gastrodon was strong as heck using Stone Edge to slaughter several bats at once.

Wow...the last time Toxicroak used Dark pulse it took three pokemon to block it, yet Chimchar managed to block it on it's own and pushed it back some as well.

Intrestingly enough Jupiter mentioned J to an extent and Purugly and Skuntank didn't really do all that much.

Toxicroak on the other hand all but killed Croagunk and Chimchar.

Mars is kinda cute when she laughs, and Jupiter is pretty tall it seems. Overall this was quite the hour of chaos and i enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Holy crap, Shimura! Could the animation in this episode BE more epic (for her anyway)? The part where Mars sent out Purugly to use Shadow Ball was very well done, along with the rest of the battle. Bravo, Izumi Shimura, bravo!

Wow...nice save, Chimchar. :) When was the last time we had an all-out battle like this?

Last edited:
^ wut? It looked like standard Shimura to me. Cheap of her to re-use Natsume's animation of Saturn commanding Dokurog, and also reusing the animation of Dokurog's Dark Pulse attack. I was surprised with the new Hikozaru-Flamethrower animation though, not often they update that.

The episode was kinda good, though need to know the dialogue to be able to give a clear review.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
^ wut? It looked like standard Shimura to me. Cheap of her to re-use Natsume's animation of Saturn commanding Dokurog, and also reusing the animation of Dokurog's Dark Pulse attack. I was surprised with the new Hikozaru-Flamethrower animation though, not often they update that.

The episode was kinda good, though need to know the dialogue to be able to give a clear review.

I was mostly referring to the battle at the beginning. Every AD uses plenty of stock footage, so that's a non-issue for me. Then again, I'm probably just biased against Shimura. :p

BTW, the scene where Piplup hopped onto Staravia's back was priceless. "I WANNA BE MORE LIKE PIKA!!"

Wow, Cyrus looked totally crazy in that one scene where he's yelling at Team Rocket...I just love his ability to summon hordes of cannon fodd-...*ahem* GOLBAT on demand.

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
The episode was pretty good, at least TG got a start, all the admins got their shine and Chimchar and Pachi came out of the ball.

All in all the writers have shown that they are capable of giving a good start, Hopefully the rest of the Galactic storyline goes as well

TeddiUrsa

My thoughts on this 2-part episode:

Just awesome! Really, really exciting and well done. What can I fan ask more for? Well...Shimura´s episode didn´t looks as good as the first part, but it wasn´t bad nevertheless.

I feels like all strings in the plot come together finally.

-Team Galactic surpasses Aqua and Magma in almost every point possible
- Chimchar gets more character development ( a really cute scene in the Pokémon Center, talking about Shinji and its backstory)
- Satoshi and Hikari mention the lake legendaries with little flashbacks
- the best frog in Pokémon history gets raped pretty badly which was cruel and awesome at the same time
- Shirona is a really nice character...but I want to see her Togekiss sometime in the future, the slug didn´t do it for me
- the music really fitted the atmosphere and made the episodes a lot more dramatic
- Akagi is an interesting character and I am really looking forward to see more of him
- MARS ( dammit...me being stupid) is one sexy *****...maybe one of my new pokemon anime favourites now...what´s up with me and readheads?!
- Team Rocket contributed something interesting to the plot other than being in a contest or being funny as hell!

If any episode need subtitles it..well...those 2 episodes are prime candidates! I really want to know what Akagi and Shirona´s grandmother said in the museum

So...Team Galaxy is going to hire a Pokémon Hunter? I wonder who it´ll be...

The new ending is so cute it melts my teeth. I really like it although I expected something completely different.

All in all, very, very well done. More please!

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Look, Shimura wasn't bad here, but she had the misfortune of literally coming immediately after an episode that was among Iwane's best work.

I don't know why I laughed at such little things as Carnivine storing the pearl in its mouth followed by a "Good Boy" pat from James, or Muku.BIRD directing traffic outside the Pokemon Center (at least, that's the impression I got), or Piplup pouncing on the bird's back, causing it to shriek "KWHAKUH!". Maybe it's because the rest of this arc was so serious.

The ending was a bit of an anticlimax for a two-parter, as even though it was merely establishing a later plot point which will be huge, I wished for more of a battle, especially with Purugly and Skuntank. It was still a good arc, though. Did I mention how much I love Cyrus's cackle? He should, along with Yanmega and Conway, audition to play the next Joker.

A lot of people have suggested that J be hired to capture the pixies, and it's an idea I've never held anything against (in fact, I support it). With the mention at the end, it's looking as if she will be involved in Galactic's plot in some shape or form down the road.

EDIT: Slipped my mind earlier...no Milotic in sight! I will savor this victory for now, as I know it's only a matter of time before it invades our lives again.

dman_dustin

BTW, the scene where Piplup hopped onto Staravia's back was priceless. "I WANNA BE MORE LIKE PIKA!!"

Not to mention Staravia was mighty shocked when Piplup body slammed it. Staravia looked like it was going to fall to the ground because Piplup was heavy.

I really like Chimchar in this one (Pushing Pikachu out of the way so it didn't have to get hurt, and comforting Ash), I hope this is a sign that Ash will use Chimchar more. Though if I had to be nit-picky its sad Chimchar didn't do very much (battle-wise). To be honest I was expecting Chimchar to stop Toxicroak so Pikachu could use Volt Tackle.

TeddiUrsa

Ah, forgot one bit..the last nail to the "Toxicroak is shiny!"-coffin:

Toxicroak had a little sparkle effect in the Iwane episode when it was released from its Pokéball, BUT Croagunk had the very same effect when it popped out of its Pokéball.

So, MAYBE, this idiotic debate is finally over.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Never mind, I've found it! It's great so far!

Last edited:

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
OH WOW GREAT EPISODES
And I was right about Cyrus true identity was not reveal to the Co Yet.
Cyrus was mad usual.Jupiter and Mars really what I think they will turn out to be so thats Awsome.We will be seeing more of Hunter J...Because they still need the 3 triol....
So more Galatic awsomeeeeeeeeeee.Shirona was put in there for no reason..But to spice things up abit because SHES THE CHAMPIONS said 100x in the episode.
Team Rockets is so stupid I really want to jump in the screen and use 10000 pikachus and shock them to death.Its getting better and better the oepning was great except Dawns weird singing Satoshi was way better Nice animations of everyoneOMG I SAW PAUL SMILING 0-0 Also nice to see the galatic main pokemons have they own personalitys.

thunderblade12

TG is gonna hire a pokemon Hunter? Hmm..I wonder who speculated that..-gloats-

Lol. Im just kidding.

I bet the CroagunkXToxicroak thing won't end here. It was nice to see Chimchar and get some more development too, wish i knew what Cynthia was saying to it. And Pachirisu finally battling = the best thing in this episode

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Maybe Croagunk will realise in the end, that it has to evolve unless it wants to keep getting pummeled by Saturns Toxicroak...