• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Double Team Turnover! (Part Two) (565)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I don't mean ignorant as in stupid or anything. But I think all Ash's other Pokemon, including Pikachu, take his love for granted.
You can only truly identify, understand, and then appreciate something when it's not there. Ash's Pokemon, especially Pikachu, have never been away from his love. Therefore, they take it for granted and can't truly appreciate it's value.
The concept is like air pressure. We know it exists because science says so, but we don't truly understand what it is. This is because we have never experienced life without it. It's the same thing with Ash and his Pokemon I think.

I understand what you're saying, but I think because Pikachu has been with Ash for so long that it understands regardless. It knows how kindhearted Ash is with his Pokemon and even wild Pokemon because of their history. I look at it as an exception to the rule.

firepokemontrainer

I noticed towards the end of the episode, Jupiter says she'll call on the Pokemon Hunter at once to help capture the lake guardians. She is talking about Pokemon Hunter J, right?

firepokemontrainer

It's a commander's Pokemon. It's going to be strong.

Hunter JJJJJJ!!!!
Can't wait for that episode...
Her episodes are always interesting XDD

firepokemontrainer

Definitely. I always knew that since Team Galactic needed the lake trio (or guardians as they are called in the anime), they would turn to a hunter.

Does this mean Hunter J will actually succeed in catching Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie?!

Sounds unbelievable....
And I still don't understand the relationship between those 3 and Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina... They seem to be completely different and unrelated entities.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's possible that they're only tangentally related and that the Red Chain could be used to harness *any* pokemon (in which case Mewtwo should hope Giovanni never finds out about it). Just Cyrus is planning on using it on those ones.

Hm? What's the Red Chain? Sorry I've never played DPP before... *shot*

Yeti

Banned
The Red Chain is MADE from Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit. Specifically, the red jewels on their tails.
Didn't you guys pay attention to ingame ramblings? ~_~

Also iirc Dialga and Palkia wished them into existence/created them, which explains the connection.
Not to mention...
Blue: Dialga/Saturn/Azelf
Magenta: Palkia/Jupiter/Mesprit
Yellow/Red: Giratina/Mars/Uxie
Dunno why they made Uxie have a yellow head, it fit the theme better with red but still, Giratina has yellow/gold and red.
Draw the connections ~_~

Also I jizz right in my pants every time I hear, or even think about, Jupiter saying "foolishly"... oh my spud that was just an incredible moment of my life uh 8V

Cobalt_Latios

It's possible that they're only tangentally related and that the Red Chain could be used to harness *any* pokemon (in which case Mewtwo should hope Giovanni never finds out about it). Just Cyrus is planning on using it on those ones.
Considering the obsession level of Cyrus with his "goal", then I have little worry that that kind of information would ever be leaked. Not to mention the thing'd be destroyed anyways (assuming they follow D/P/Pt storyline, in which the red chain is eventually destroyed).

The Red Chain is MADE from Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit. Specifically, the red jewels on their tails.
Didn't you guys pay attention to ingame ramblings? ~_~
It would be wise to know that not everyone who watches the show has played the games. Sure, they might know that there are games that this is based of off, but that doesn't mean they've played them. Just tossing that out there...

...why does Jupiter sound like a teenager?
First thing I noticed. At first, I thought it was Mars or someone... then it shows us Jupiter...

Eh, PUSA can't nail the voices all the time, right? Oh well, it could have been much worse. They could have had someone else entirely voice Cyrus (Dan Green...)

WHY DID THEY PAD THE PLOT WITH TEAM ROCKET? And usually I LOVE Rocket plots! But that was just pathetic! How exactly were they able to just WALK OUT with the orb? Especially with everything around there that could just come up and take it away from them! There's only one person I can think of who could have pulled that off successfully and it's Brodie. And he would have dressed up as a Galactic to do it.
I think I need a quick refresh; who? I know I've heard the character's name before, I just can't really think of who he is...

Also, I really feel sorry for Sean Schemmel. Thinking of how many takes that DIVINE RAAAAAAGE! scene must have taken, I can only imagine how long he'd have to rest his throat after that. Seriously, try to match that just *once*, and then try to do it, like, five more times, and tell me what your throat feels like. Heck, he'd be lucky if it didn't trigger his gag.
Can't be any worse than when Maddie had to voice Dr. K in cubix. I think she mentioned it here that it was quite a diffcult role.

But yeah, I get your point. Especially considering where his range is...

So, I finally saw it on place-that-must-not-be-mentioned. (No Cartoon Network here, as it turns out. Feh.)
Hell, I admit that I dl the eps until the DVDs come out... or until my local channel airs them. Whichever comes first. I still prefer the dl quality over youtube though.

Cyrus. Wow. Bringing the crazy at maximum levels. Cynthia seems a bit suspicious of him now; I wonder how that will play out.
I dunno, I think the whole "summoning Golbat from the heavens", and just prior "raving on about the legends" probably tipped her off (note: I did not say ticked off I said, tipped).

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at the end when he walks into the room in full uniform, mainly because for anyone who either hasn't played the games or it hasn't really clued in, they'd be in for one heck of a shock.

Ash. Surprisingly mature and very young at the same time this episode. I was surprised at the compliment from Cyrus- I think he may be the most complex villain Ash has ever faced. Pity Ash doesn't know that yet.
I'm sure Ash will be boggled to the point of thorough explanation being required. I mean, compared to every villain they've faced, this guy is gonna have it way too easy now that he has your typical "threat" to deal with (note: Cyrus's POV).

Several interesting points to this episode. Our Heroes have a good reason for not knowing a villain is a Real Bad Guy for a change, since he is vouched for by two well-respected figures and the kids don't know him well enough to realize that he is batcrap crazy- although the Villain Rant in the ruins may have given them a clue.
A pity only Cynthia seems to have caught on. Then again, if you consider the respect level from Cynthia's Grandmother that Cyrus has had, then you kind of see reason as to why she probably wouldn't have caught on as quick (kind of like what Harley did back in early Battle Frontier...)

A connection between Team Galactic and Hunter J is strongly hinted at; I can't say it's revealed since they didn't actually refer to her by name, but I doubt they'd bring in a new Hunter at this point.
Ah hell, I wouldn't really care. It probably would be J, seeing as I doubt the writers would be that stupid to write in another random group of people we haven't heard of. Sure, given Sinnoh's size, I don't see how there wouldn't be. But Hunter J's reputation is great enough to have recognition from Team Galactic (though, it seems that they're also damn good with tricking them. Me thinks that TG could try something like that with J... who knows).

And I still wonder if Cyrus thinks there is a connection between Ash, Dawn, and the Sprites. If so, what will he do about it?
Cyrus: we've had confirmed sightings on two of them.

Oh hell yeah he knows. I hate to say it, but both Ash and Dawn sort of gave it away. I don't blame them; it's hard enough to tell the sanity level on this guy...

There was indeed one thing I adored from this episode. The fact that they were able to tell it was Team Rocket from Meowth. Correct me if I'm wrong but this hasn't happened in ages. My goodness. And, as if that wasn't funny enough, Ash and Dawn reveal them, then comment on how they're thieves, but very terrible at it. That was spot on hilarious.

Well Muddy Water wasn't as muddy as I thought it would be.
This is actually a first; it spot on game for show. In other words, it's exactly as it looks in game. Not sure what else it needed for it to be better though...

And now, even though I've said my piece to this episode already via replies, I have got to admit that this is by a great 2nd parter. It seems the writers are doing a much better job with things, and some better continuity fixes. They even seem to know how to tweak the serious meter in the right direction when needed.

The fact that Toxicroak sure put the beating on Croagunk was impressive; the guy ends up hospitalized - after being hit with a stronger version of it's own attack no less.

Stone Edge was awesome to say the least; kind of a mixture of Hidden Power and something else I'm not aware of right now.

Jupiter... oy, well, can't really say much her. Not sure who did the voice, but it didn't quite go where I thought it would. Oh well, character wise she and Mars were pretty devious.

I thought for sure it would have been painfully obvious of who Cyrus "really" was when he started explaining the whole legend thing to Team Rocket. Thankfully, it seems Cynthia caught on to it. And I'm glad she's getting suspicions; it makes it so that at least someone knows, otherwise it'd be dumb to have everyone oblivious.

Chimchar got a great moment in this ep. He took the hit of Toxicroak's attack. Then Cynthia found out about it being Paul's. That was a rather nice touch. She also elaborated a bit more on her famous little line.

Overall I very much enjoyed this one. Both episodes together make for a very "epic" feel, and it seems like the writers are doing Team Galactic better than the other "Teams".

And that is all.

*C_L*

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Considering the obsession level of Cyrus with his "goal", then I have little worry that that kind of information would ever be leaked. Not to mention the thing'd be destroyed anyways (assuming they follow D/P/Pt storyline, in which the red chain is eventually destroyed).

Given the people involved and that we don't know how quiet the Ironworks people will keep, not to mention that JJ&M are going to find out about it...

I think I need a quick refresh; who? I know I've heard the character's name before, I just can't really think of who he is...

Brodie the Phantom Thief. Used to be a Magma. Known for his wild disguise skills and eyelash calling card, and for having absconded with the Ribbon Cup

I thought for sure it would have been painfully obvious of who Cyrus "really" was when he started explaining the whole legend thing to Team Rocket. Thankfully, it seems Cynthia caught on to it. And I'm glad she's getting suspicions; it makes it so that at least someone knows, otherwise it'd be dumb to have everyone oblivious.

Again I cite Eusine who's pretty much as insane for Legends and challenges people in the middle of inappropiate situations as a means of protecting the honor of...whatever he's going on about.
And he's, as I said, a good guy. So they have some background about not immediately assuming evil on someone who goes on a screaming fit (assuming crazy yes and for good reason, but...)

katfairy

Cyrus: we've had confirmed sightings on two of them.

Oh hell yeah he knows. I hate to say it, but both Ash and Dawn sort of gave it away. I don't blame them; it's hard enough to tell the sanity level on this guy...

*C_L*

Not quite what I meant, but I should have been clearer.

He seemed to think that there was some sort of connection between Ash, Dawn, and the Sprites- not unreasonable, really, when you think of the odds of two people in the same party having separate encounters with beings who are definitely connected. At least, that's how I saw it. The business with him insisting on them seeing the orb and getting cranky when they looked at it and said, "yup, it's an orb, now what?" made me wonder if he might start to think that he could use them to get to the Sprites.

And I still think it would round things out nicely if Brock saw the third on his own.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The dex says it can. It just can't *learn* Fly.

Rebeccag

Enjoyed this episode.Cynthia going into Paul and Ashs rivarly and calling chimchar sweetie was good and I liked Ash beating himself up over Chimchar as well. I also liked the ending with Team Galatica plotting

Cobalt_Latios

Given the people involved and that we don't know how quiet the Ironworks people will keep, not to mention that JJ&M are going to find out about it...
I watched it for a second time today. I hadn't quite realized they even mentioned the Ironworks... what the?

Brodie the Phantom Thief. Used to be a Magma. Known for his wild disguise skills and eyelash calling card, and for having absconded with the Ribbon Cup.
Oh right, him. Makes sense why I barely recall him. At least Brock was able to figure out him being the imposter on those occasions (writing aside, I wonder why he's never disguised himself as another male character...)

Again I cite Eusine who's pretty much as insane for Legends and challenges people in the middle of inappropiate situations as a means of protecting the honor of...whatever he's going on about.
And he's, as I said, a good guy. So they have some background about not immediately assuming evil on someone who goes on a screaming fit (assuming crazy yes and for good reason, but...)
The fact that Team Galactic was mainly using Golbat for quite a bit of the episode, and the fact that Cyrus was 'summoning' quite a bit of 'em should have clued in to some extent. Not saying they haven't dealt with people like this before, just saying that Cynthia seems to be on to him.

The dex says it can. It just can't *learn* Fly.
Now, they did show this appropriately; with Garchomps arms close to it's body to enable flight, i just think it's ridiculous that they make it seem like it just "glides". I mean, it makes it look like a freakin' jet the way it flies. At least Latios/as are already "floating" so flying the way they do makes some lick of sense.

Also, I could have sworn that Mesprit was the spirit of knowledge as is ties well with Dawn. Not sure if they screwed that up or another dex entry says otherwise...

*C_L*

Swirling Squirtle

Water Master
WOAH HO, you are right,
all of his dex entries speaks about flying like a jet.
Shoulda looked there first sorry!

but he flies really cool lol

Vernikova

Champion
I liked this episode. Pachirisu made a long awaited battle appearance even though it was only for a short time. Soodowooda wasn't in the battle though so it wasn't a good time for all of the pokémon. Cyrus was also enjoyable in this episode as well. His mysterious actions such as leaving the Pokémon Center on his own made him seem suspicious but no one seemed to take that much notice. One of my favorite parts of the episode was the narrator at the end. He tried to make himself sound cool and that was really funny in my opinion.