• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

well Flint lied to Ash alot

they'll prob change it to his step mother or summit

Ninetalesuk

Cascade Trainer
ShucklemasterJ said:
well Flint lied to Ash alot

they'll prob change it to his step mother or summit

30% in my opinion that 4Kids will have Brock's 'passed-away' mother as a step-mother or Flint's new girlfriend... Who knows... it's been a long time...

Wouldn't be shocked to learn if 4Kids made a mistake... and saw the episode where it said Brock's mother passed away and say 'Oh crud, another mistake we made...' lol

Heracross

Custom User Title
Meh, they'd probably just shrug it off and make something else up to cover for their original blunder. Of course, that would mean that they even remember about that in the first place. Seeing as how they couldn't even remember the dub name they gave Junichi two seasons ago I'm guessing they won't think twice about Takeshi's mother - a character who was only mentioned in passing about seven years ago. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hasn't it already been announced in the summary that she's his mother? So we know they didn't change her to stepmother or anything.

J

Janelle+Ryan

[BANNER]This is so awsome[/BANNER] Yes, that is very true Serebii, she did die in the Japanese version.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Um...Serebii, with all due respect, what the HECK were you watching? She's very much alive.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, for reasons that I've stated elsewhere I'm not sure I would call it an error, but it's certainly a change from what Flint said in Japanese.

And if you take the English version at face value, it was still a lie. Mizuho is very much alive, no matter what her husband says to random strangers.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Serebii said:
Umm, I aint sure about this but i think they said that she died in the Japanese version too so it isn't a Dub error...just tryin to clarify things
It most certainly was a dub error. The exact phrase used to describe what happened to Takeshi's mother is iede shite shimatta, meaning "left home".

So there are twp possiblitys.

1)4Kids forgot they said that and say she is his realy mother and she comes back.

2)They say shes his step-mother/Flints new girlfriend.

So either way its kinda mucked up becasue of what the've already said.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Looks like they arn't going to explane about his mother suddenly being alive.

"Last time I was here you was.." something about studying signs, lol.. um..

So, will this be alot shorter then the orginial? seeing as I think it's only one part..

WOW, they painted over the Closed sign.. WHY?

Oh.. and now the part where he gave his pokemon to to his brother is gone.. oh well

Last edited:

MTC

Johto Champion
Dub names:

Brock's Mother is now Laura
Jiroo is now Forrest (or Forest)

This was nowhere near as bad as The Legend of Thunder, but it was still pretty bad.

EDIT:
PiPikachu said:
Correction Brocks mom is now called LOLA
It was Laura, the second time Flint said it he clearly said "Laura", but I don't want to start an argument about this

Last edited:

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Correction Brocks mom is now called LOLA
and yes Forest is the name of Brocks Brother.

I heard Lola. But heres the bad side:

*Them saying it was Brocks real mother even though the said she'd dies last time.

*It only showed how he losted Onix not Crobat and Geodude.

and some more but it was a nice episode but Brocks Brother Forest is in love with all girls too, lol. But Brock said the lamest line ever

"It looks like your a chip of the old Brock!"

WTF!!!!! That line annoys me :mad: But thye mentioned Ash sooo much.

Batdude

Old school
Hey, I heard the name Lola too.

So there's absolutely no mention of how Brock magically loses his Geodude and Crobat on the way to Hoenn. Fantastic. And no explanation about the mother either. It's just all happy and normal as if she's always been there.

I laughed when Brock told Flint about Pikachu beating Onix and Flint was like "Wow... How'd he do that?! (Maybe because you helped him, you dingbat...)

It's as if they purposefully leave things like that out to test us...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Sadly I missed it because I was at my grandparent's

good old sky+ dont fail me now!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Oh dear Flint's voice has changed, it's almost as bad as Eugene's now with it being completely toffed up and everything. His old voice back in "Showdown in Pewter City" was definitely better, I hate to complain but it was extremely off-putting.

Asides from that the episode was good, full of silly pranks and good humor. Seeing Brock get upset was funny, since his mom wanted a girly water gym, with girly decorations everywhere, but thankfully Brock won the battle against his mom and restored some pride in the gym.

It appears Forest is as almost as bad as Brock is when it comes to women (they start early then), with him apparantly having a crush on all the girls in his class lmao.