• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

poke_girl

The Amazing
ShucklemasterJ said:
Sadly I missed it because I was at my grandparent's

good old sky+ dont fail me now!
LOL! If it's like my Sky+ You're DOOMED.. it keeps removing Cronicals for me if you set it before midnight the night before it's ment to be on :p

Sharpshooter said:
Oh dear Flint's voice has changed, it's almost as bad as Eugene's now with it being completely toffed up and everything. His old voice back in "Showdown in Pewter City" was definitely better, I hate to complain but it was extremely off-putting.

Asides from that the episode was good, full of silly pranks and good humor. Seeing Brock get upset was funny, since his mom wanted a girly water gym, with girly decorations everywhere, but thankfully Brock won the battle against his mom and restored some pride in the gym.

It appears Forest is as almost as bad as Brock is when it comes to women (they start early then), with him apparantly having a crush on all the girls in his class lmao.
with like 300 of dubbed eps between this and last time we saw him, did you SERIOUSLY Expect his voice to be the same?

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Poke Girl said:
with like 300 of dubbed eps between this and last time we saw him, did you SERIOUSLY Expect his voice to be the same?

Uh yes. I can't see how hard it is to do a little research into that particular episode and pick out the same voice actor. If agreements couldn't be made then that's understandable, but at least try to make him sound similar (the new Nurse Joy voice is alright). But the thing is, I don't think they even bothered checking (in same way they forgot check Eusine's name, and his voice).

I'm not usually one to complain about 4kids but that was a little dissapointing. The rest of the episode was well dubbed though.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Manteen? Smeegle? That earns a facefault from me.

Mizuho is hot~

I really loved the voice acting in this ep. I honestly thought I was going to hate Mizuho's voice, but it was actually pulled of pretty well. Unfortunatly, she sounds more motherly than brain-meltingly adorable, but I shouldn't complain I suppose.
Eric Stuart's Flint grated on my nerves though. I prefered the strong, serious version that we last saw in Kanto. Like most of his other roles, I felt he was just going ott at times, trying to make him sound much too deep and gruff. But that was my only problem in terms of voice acting. The rest were flawless.

Mizuho is hot~

Forester: Do you meet a lot of girls?
Brock: Oh yeah, but I put more focus into becoming a pokémon breeder.
Forester:.....just talk about the girls.

Heh, I loved the way that little quote shows how Brock clearly doesn't have his priorities right and that his brother is just as bad as him.

Mizuho is hot~

I'm confused. Why on earth did they cut out Brock handing over Crobat and Geodude to his brother? As well as the scene where we see him tell everyone that he's only taking Forretress with him?
I haven't got a sub of this ep, but I know some lines must have been changed here and there. I'll tell you this much, Mizuho never did no yodling...

Mizuho is hot~

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
For reasons best known to themselves, they edited the bit with Brock throwing out his Geodude and Crobat. So yet again people are going to be left questioning about there where abouts from now on lmao.

The ending music during that scene was taken out as well, and replaced by what is heard during Hoenn nowadays (which I personally don't think is as good). Other than that I think it was well dubbed for the most part.

Last edited:

poke_girl

The Amazing
Maybe the bit at the end was just umm cut for time? and it'll be on the DVD? >_>; maybe..

Heracross

Custom User Title
Sharpshooter said:
The ending music during that scene was taken out as well, and replaced by what is heard during Hoenn nowadays (which I personally don't think is as good). Other than that I think it was well dubbed for the most part.
I could have told you that would happen. I don't think we've heard any decent ending music in the dub since about the third season. And on the very few occasions an episode isn't ended with that, it's just some equally disgusting mound of rubbish. :D

Music aside, I'm surprised they even remembered Flint's name. Too bad they get a big fat F for forgetting what he sounded like. :p

poke_girl

The Amazing
Sharpshooter said:
Uh yes. I can't see how hard it is to do a little research into that particular episode and pick out the same voice actor. If agreements couldn't be made then that's understandable, but at least try to make him sound similar (the new Nurse Joy voice is alright). But the thing is, I don't think they even bothered checking (in same way they forgot check Eusine's name, and his voice).

I'm not usually one to complain about 4kids but that was a little dissapointing. The rest of the episode was well dubbed though.
uh.. no, it's 4Kids we're talking about :p should never expect so much of them..

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Man that p*ssed me off. I mean, I'm a regular follower of the dub version so I expect good standards, (which to their credit they do do alot of the time) but this seems to be their worst attempt at dubbing pokémon ever.

Ok so it might be just an ending theme, but I really like it and sounded "right" for that particular moment, this is other one made it sound less dramatic and meh.

I also liked Flint, but his new voice is nothing like his old one and gives him a completely new character altogether, they should at least try to make sound similar, but they probably didn't even know Brock's father ever existed based on that I'm afraid.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Sharpshooter said:
I also liked Flint, but his new voice is nothing like his old one and gives him a completely new character altogether, they should at least try to make sound similar, but they probably didn't even know Brock's father ever existed based on that I'm afraid.
On the subject of Flint's voice acting, didn't Eric Stuart also do his voice way back in the 5th episode? I'm not entirely sure of it of course, but I really wouldn't be surprised considering his acting skills have been slipping these days :/

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Maybe a different team at 4kids handles the Chronicle series than the normal series?

There are different divisions at 4kids that handle particular shows, and maybe Chronicles was handed over to a different team than the one that usually translates pokemon.

It's a good theory as to why there are some name changes and the like.

Heracross

Custom User Title
That could account for some of the changes in voice acting, but it still doesn't excuse them from not doing their research or at least attempting to achieve a sense of continuity. And besides, as Gravy said, I thought Eric Stuart did Flint's original dub voice as well. Oops. XP

poke_girl

The Amazing
Sorry if I p*ssed you off, I'm just saying.. I don't find it all so bad, I just find them quite forgetful.. they don't even do research for their trainers choice it sounds like o_O

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Eric Stuart's voice has changed since then. Maybe he couldn't do the voice any more.

Heracross

Custom User Title
That's putting it kindly. Really though, even James's new, crappy voice does dound vaguely similar to the one he used back in the first few seasons, so I'm pretty sure Mr. Stewart could have made Flint sound at least somewhat the same. I just don't think he tries as hard/cares as much anymore. Which is a real shame because he used to be a very good voice actor IMO.

Last edited:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
So by cutting out the scene where Takeshi gets rid of his pokemon, 4Kids essentially screws up the entire purpose of this episode. Great job guys -_-

From what I'm hearing about this series, I wouldn't be surprised if they got the One Piece team to do the work on these specials instead of the regular dubbing team.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I thought the whole point of the episode was for him to settle his family troubles, not to dump his pokemon off.

Heracross

Custom User Title
But that was really more of a side plot. The more important thing is that he left his pokémon with Jiroo and gave him control of the gym. In the whole grand scheme of things, I'd say that's a more important event than solving some family problems.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Eh, not to me. Perhaps that it was done, but it could have been done over computer. He went back to solve the family problem.