• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fan With A Plan! (353)

Jus a few lines I noticed in the episode.

-Max, "What is M. F. P. ?" Savannah, "Mothers For Pokemon " Brock , "Any openings ?" lol.
-Sanjya is the "Turnip Theif"
-The green sweater girl had a very weird country accent.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Savannah and the other women who were fans of contests were really interesting and I was happy to see Drew again, plus his Masquerain was cute unlike the ones in the games. I liked how this episode served as contest prep.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
It was a nice episode overall.Arbok evolves into Seviper!?!What a mistake!Good to see Drew again! :)

JudySpell

Banned
May kind of seemed big headed here and Drew owning a Masquerain caught me off guard because it was such an ugly Pokemon for him. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Masquerain caught me off guard because it was such an ugly Pokemon for him.

I certainly don't think it was 'ugly' here, in fact it suited Drew just fine cuz it made an elegant appeal which was Drew's typical style. My only regret is that we didn't see him train Masquerain from a Surskit. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I've gotta say it's always a pleasure to see Drew in an episode. These two Contest episodes may not have had as many ContestShipping hints, but I still love the interaction between May and Drew. Savannah was a great COTD for the episode, too.

ZilverLox

Banned
I loved Savannah and Sandra's relationship, the realness of it. How children are embarrassed when their parents make scenes with strangers, but are always by their side and supportive when it matters. This episode makes it clear to me that each time I see Drew, I like him less and less. It's not his voice (which is what I normally focus on), it's his existence. His character in its entirety. He bothers me really badly. :(

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Shuu had a fanclub here was awkward, even more so because Tsukiko and her friends all seemed middle-aged and too old to like Shuu. To me, Shuu's new Amemoth seemed like it was meant to be a foil to Haruka's Agehunt, and I was happy that Musashi remembered to use Sonansu's Mirror Coat again.

Daizy

I call you honey
May's overconfidence was spot on. Also good to see Wobbuffet in action. Who else thinks that May's/Drew's rivalry seems to be developing as a toned-down Ash/Gary relationship?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Tsukiko seemed almost like a Wakana prototype since she was a fan of Shuu much like Wakana, although Tsukiko being older than most Coordinators that we've seen was a nice twist.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've just been watching this again and i noticed that they dropped the ball a bit.

In the Pokemon Trainers Choice section, they say that Arbok evolves into Seviper lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Blue Snover said:
In the Pokemon Trainers Choice section, they say that Arbok evolves into Seviper lol.

It's a pretty infamous mistake even these days, and I've always considered those segments totally pointless even when the given answers were correct since it's a waste of time.

"Ok trainers, which one of these Pokémon evolves into Seviper?"
._.
-_-
facepalm
"If you chose Arbok, you're correct!"
GODDAMMIT 4KIDS THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. WTF?

Now to the episode itself. I'm not a fan of the whole fanclub thing as its very creepy (and reminds me of fangirls for professional athletes in real life). They should have fangirled over Ash and have him be a little awkward about it. Funny how everyone has a cow over Serena saying that girls should look prim and proper in the Japanese sub of (XY22?) yet no one bats an eye when a mother comments about her being a housewife and Brock agrees. I just find that very sterotypical (reminds me of the Cult of Domesticity of the 1800s) even though I have Serena kinda be a housewife in SMF only because she has two young kids I havent figured that out yet ok
Seeing Lairon was great, and seeing it use Water Pulse is awesome. Wobbuffet does his Mirror Coat Magic. Love the May and Drew convo too but other than that a bad AG episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Funny how everyone has a cow over Serena saying that girls should look prim and proper in the Japanese sub of (XY22?) yet no one bats an eye when a mother comments about her being a housewife and Brock agrees.
People bring up the OS creepiness everytime lol, during that period a lot of the stuff flew which it doesn't now, so while looking back they are criticised, seeing those mannerisms still appear in today's media results in even more scrutiny. Plus I don't even remember what that specific convo was ,if she just said she's a housewife there's nothing wrong about that or if she praised housewives in general, if she said something like housewives should be the only way for a proper woman or is superior then it's dumb

People bring up the OS creepiness everytime lol, during that period a lot of the stuff flew which it doesn't now, so while looking back they are criticised, seeing those mannerisms still appear in today's media results in even more scrutiny. Plus I don't even remember what that specific convo was ,if she just said she's a housewife there's nothing wrong about that or if she praised housewives in general, if she said something like housewives should be the only way for a proper woman or is superior then it's dumb
Then again why would they have Serena say that