• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fan With A Plan! (353)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Fan With A Plan!

Now in Ruibosu City, May meets a co-ordinator who is going to take part in the upcoming contest, which requires 1 ribbon to enter. However, Jessie doesnt have 2 ribbons in order to enter and intends to steal them. Can she be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Serebii said:
Formiddable Enemy?! Mother Co-ordinator Enters!

Now in Ruibosu City, May meets a co-ordinator who is going to take part in the upcoming contest, which requires 1 ribbon to enter. However, Jessie doesnt have 2 ribbons in order to enter and intends to steal them. Can she be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
it says you need 1 ribbon to enter but it says jessie doesn't have 2 ribbions to enter with but it says you only need 1 to enter. also i thought of one dub title for this ep

-reading between the lairons- (pun on the phrase reading between the lines) ;305;

Last edited:
Okay, to clear some stuff up:
The dub title is "A Fan with a Plan".
Masquerain does have his M7 voice, Larion's voice is fitting.

I saw them in the ad that was shown on WB today, they did the "Pikachu's got something to tell us" thing like with Baltoy. It did show their voices, Larion does sound cool.

Rex Kamex

Man, the Pokemon Trainer Trivia thing in the dub claimed that Arbok evolved into Seviper! Also, the dub used "god" and "die" in this episode. Man, this episode was intresting...

EDIT: Also, my sister noticed how coincidentally this episode aired before Mother's Day.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Worst. Trainer's Choice. EVER. I can put up with bad type matchings and such, but claiming that Arbok evolves into Seviper is too blatent of a mistake to ignore.
-Uh-oh! FANGIRLS! May and Shuu, run for your lives!
-...Brock TRIED to do something useful. I guess it's an improvement.
-This ep. didn't wow me all that much.

One thing to say.........XD!!!!!
Turnip Thief! Great line for Brock. And the tomato observation was pretty good too. TC was REALLY messed up, of course. The evolution LOOKS possible, but any fool knows that's not what happens.
TR's motto was funny 'cause of the lack of enthusiasm. Dustox appears too, which is always good. And Wobuffet battles!1!1!!1 Excellent!
Savannah(sp?) and Sandra were cool characters too. The MFP was a good idea, too, IMO.
Masquerain and Lairon make their debuts, and Flareon makes a much needed reappearance. Yay!

Overall rating:
9.4 out of 10!!!
Pretty good pre-Contest ep. I hope the Contest fills the anticipation set by this episode.

SC~ out

V Faction

www.faction.com
I'm usually nice about the TC's, but man was that STUPID! There's a little thing called research and it's a heck of a lot better than "guessing".

But aside from that, I found this to be a nice episode. The dub names are quite captivating. I found Lairon and Flareon to be quite a pair. What a coincidence that their English names have the same vowel sounds. The voices were all good and the episode itself was informative.

B

Bandit

Worst. Trainer's Choice. EVER. I can put up with bad type matchings and such, but claiming that Arbok evolves into Seviper is too blatent of a mistake to ignore.

I agree 100% How could they make this mistake???

The episode had a funny part or two, team rockets contest motto was a improvement. Its a lot better then the last episode, I enjoyed this episode

PDL

disenchanted
darn... I thought I was going to post BEFORE people were going to go apeshit over the trainer's choice... maybe next time...

anyway, the episode was kinda annoying... but tolerateable... even with the awful trainer's choice and blatant use of Liza Ortiz... they need to add new talent...

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
wow, and I thought 4Kids were smart enough to know that Seviper has no Evolutions/Pre-evolutions (Unless it has one in the 4th generation). Anyway, this episode was pertty good. At long last, Wobbuffet actually used an attack this season. I also noticed that the (previously mentioned in another topic) Mysterious guy was in this episode, but was wearing different clothing (I swear, it looks just like him)

Good episode, can't wait till the next episode

8/10

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
So we're finally in Ruibosu...sorry, Rubello Town. I like the dub name, it's still pretty similar to the original. We're also introduced to Savannah in this episode, and she seems like a pretty good adversary for May in this next contest. I'm glad that the writers give May somebody new each time - just having her square off against Drew all the time would bore me to death.

Heh, Jessie was particularly on in this episode, especially with James and Meowth's indifference. Good to see Wobbuffet actually fighting on occasion. And the Rocket-Dan offered this week's best lines:

MAY: Give us back our ribbons!
JESSIE: I'd sooner give up James and Meowth than give up these ribbons!
JAMES AND MEOWTH (appalled): Excuse us?
JESSIE: Well, you know how badly I want to enter...come on, guys, help me out here.

As for other characters, I notice Brock got a bit more screentime than usual here. And yes, the line "Turnip thief" is a short but sweet classic.

Trainer's Choice...can't they just use regular eyecatches? Who decided that it'd be a game like this? And this one replaces "Game Winning Assist" as the stupidest TC ever. I wonder if there are kids out there who actually believe these things...I sure hope not.

But aside from that, the episode was great. Interesting that it aired the day before Mother's Day...you'd think they would have played that up in the promos.

D

Destiny Bond

LoL silly dubbers, Seviper and Arbok are not of the same evolutionary line.

This episode was alright for me, since Flareon is back! Yay! Nothing much happened other than people flattering May once again... heh. I rate it 6/10.

Rex Kamex

I was hoping at the end of the Trivia Challenge thing, Ash would say, "Neither of them! Seviper has no pre-evolved form!" Either that, or something else that makes the commercial break funny. (The Japanese version did something like that before, way back in Beauty and the Beach.)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
EvilKeckleon said:
even with the awful trainer's choice and blatant use of Liza Ortiz... they need to add new talent...
WTF? Liza Ortiz had/has talent?
...just a little curious here, but who exactly did she voice this time around? Random background characters or Savahna/Savannah/whatever?

8/10
Great debut for Masquerain, and Larion too. Neat voices for both make them super cute or super tough respectivaly. Savannah was pretty great, but have I heard that voice before. I liked how she gave commentary on everything that Bulby did (reminds me of the Battle Arena at the Battle Frontier on Emerald).

This episode would have been a 10, but I had to deduct 2 points for a Trainers Choice infraction. Seviper DOES NOT have evoultions. I thought they would say "We tricked ya trainers! Arbok does not evolve into any of these Pokemon".

Pretty good, but the error made me laugh more than the Beautifly=Nuzleaf error in Hokey Pokeballs.

edit:like the sig that goes along?

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
about the TC... sure they get it wrong sometimes, but is it really that big a deal if they get it wrong? it doesn't really matter really... it's just the "Who's that pokemon" made to sound more "intelligent" It doesn't really matter if they get it wrong, if they showcase the "pokemon of the day", then they did their job. they could even have Magikarp evolve into Raikou, but as long as they showcase Raikou, they did their job. Regardless of how wrong they are.

besides, Seviper does kinda look like the evolved form of Arbok... if you squint and look at the right angle from upside down...

Gravy said:
...just a little curious here, but who exactly did she voice this time around? Random background characters or Savahna/Savannah/whatever?

I see I didn't make myself clear enough apperently...

first of, what I meant was that liza ortiz used the exact same voice for SANDRA as she does for all of her characters...

secondly, I also said that 4kids should add new voice actors to their current cast.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow, what an embarrassing and appauling mistake on 4kids part. Looks like someone is going to be fired next week.

As for the episode, I thought it was great. It was a very nice set-up episode, and the mother/daughter combo was pretty interesting.

Was it just me, or was there a LOT of blushing in this episode? Ash blushed, May blushed, Drew blushed, Brock blushed, the Mother blushed, the fans blushed...the hell?

The animators must have really liked blushing in this episode, whenever someone said anything a character blushed. Brock's fantasy was hilarious though.

I also really liked how Dustox and Wobbufett were used in this episode, they were neglected for awhile. Snatching the ribbons instead of the pokemon was a nice change of pace as well. And anyone find it hilarious that Jessie wanted to attack the daughter? Bulbasaur using Vine Whip to wrap around the daughter and pull her back put a dirty thought in my head. And the mother saying she "likes Vine whips"? LOL?

Pretty good episode, and I like how May is still nervous about her contests.

Medea

Excalibur
*waves the WTF flag*...WTF is wrong with the dubbers??? I don't remember hearing that Arbok evolves into Seviper! And I don't remember Skitty winning in Fallarbor Town. Beautifly did!!!

...With that said, this was a very cute episode (without me getting thrown off by the dubbing)

M

MegaraptorScribe

Gravy said:

Yes.

She does get casted a lot. But that's the casting people's responsibility. The woman's just trying to get work.

And no, she's not greedy for having so many roles. A character of the day is a much smaller paycheck than, say, a regular character.