• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Farfetch'd Tale! (147)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Farfetch'd Tale!

Walking through Ilex forest, Ash & Co. come across a kid trying to teach his Farfetch'd cut to cut down trees to make Charcoal. But the Farfetch'd ends up running away. Can Ash & Co. find it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Even after four years, this episode still ranks as my least favorite episode of pokemon. It's not so much the story or the father or anything, but it's because poor James starves the entire episode. I really feel bad for him, and I wish they could have given him a chance to eat. Jessie and Meowth stole his only meal. :( This is one of the hardest episodes for me to watch. The only thing I do like about it is that it's the last time Jessie has Licktung the whole episode. Yay! :)

Aptenodytes

I thought this episode was okay. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt good either. At least they put Farfetch'd in another episode.

A rather non-exciting episode if you ask me -_-, but still alright with me, at least we see a rare appearance of Farfetch'd

Battra

An ok filler wasn't to impressed by it.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
It was a decent episode. I like how they showed farfetch'd again. It is also good to note that Farfetch'd is completely useless without its leek. It was funny how he kept calling it cutting attack. Iin the end he messes up his attacks again by telling Farfetch'd to use fury...i assume he meant fury swipes. I also thought it was funny how Pineco wanted to selfdestruct as soon as it is released from its pokeball.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I'm just wondering how purifying charcoal can also purify water. Apparently, that was brought up in the episode.

Haha, poor James went hungry! He's the nicest of the group, so I felt bad when he was left starving for the poor episode.

I hated that Sylvester kid. He was a douche.

Rather forgettable episode... I didn't even like this plot point in the games, and the animé wasn't much better.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. i loved how the friends help to the kid with the Farfetch'd.
and i loved to see a Magmar.

JohnLee

Sigh....reminded me of when I was playing the games when I first saw this episode. Back then, I didn't care about fillers, I was just happy to watch a new episode pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched the Japanese version, and it was just as good as the dubbed verions which is rare :/

I liked that the included a game plot into the anime. Farfetch'd runs away and Ash and Co. plus the COTD go looking for it. I liked that they remembered the Forest Shrine though of course no Celebi :(

The whole Charcoal thing was rather confusing, all the work for a chunk of wood? I don't consider this to be Filler though, despite it's forgetable plot. 4/10

Vernikova

Champion
I felt sorry for this kid at first when his dad appeared but after a while I figured that his dad was right. Farfetch'd was made out to be a very cool Pokémon in this episode making him now one of my favorite Kanto Pokémon solely because of this episode.

G50

No longer posting
Didn't like this episode. Another Farfetch'd filler episode... This 1 unlike the others was necessary to show the Charcoal scenes for the 1st time. Seeing a Magmar again was very cool.

14/100

I don't like Farfetch'd, but this episode was good. The father of Sylvester was scary and mean, but Sylvester didn't deserve better. Lickitung got some deserved screen time, because he was going to be traded for Wobbufet an episode later. Psyduck was awesome again, and it was nice to see a Magmar. 8/10.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Wobbuffet!
The best part of this episode was seeing that shrine! This episode was so boring. That first Farfetch'd episode in the first series was so much better! I suppose Team Rocket made this one somewhat interesting.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I can't say I like this episode, but I can't say it's TOO bad either.
4.5/10