• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Farfetch'd Tale! (147)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Speaking of which, I gotta give Team Rocket credit for wanting to cook the duck.

Them seeking to trap Kamonegi would've been much more entertaining if they hadn't already tried doing that in the past in the Orange Archipelago.

MockingJ

Banned
Ilex Forest could've been a fun place if we'd seen Celebi, but instead we got the Farfetch'd plot. Speaking of which, I gotta give Team Rocket credit for wanting to cook the duck.

Ask yourself what good seeing Celebi here would've done. We were only 30 episodes into Johto so we just weren't ready to see a mythical Pokemon yet.

Episodes that show stuff from the games usually end up being great, but this one wasn't that special. The lost Farfetch'd plot from GSC wasn't the best plot to begin with so watching that take place here was probably a recipe for disaster already. I liked Team Rocket's antics though which is rare for me to admit since by Johto I wasn't a big fan of some of their repetitiveness.

We got the missing Farfetch'd side story here but in a form that made more sense in the show. I liked how Team Rocket were trying to find ways to prepare Farfetch'd as a feast since they were so hungry and it's a shame that the Ilex Forest which was such an important part in the Johto games looked like any regular woods. Celebi not showing up was fine but at least we saw its shrine. My favorite part was when Ash found out that Goldenrod had a Gym. 6/10