• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fashionable Battle! (876)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We Will Have a Battle at the Fashion Show! Bagon VS Spritzee!!

Arriving at Laverre City, Ash hads to the gym quickly to challenge it to gain his sixth badge in the Kalos region. Upon arriving at the gym, Ash learns that it is closed while its Gym Leader, Valerie, holds a special fashion show in the city. While at the gym, Ash meets a new trainer who was also looking for a gym battle, but as they're both disappointed, they challenge eachother to a match. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

zhixun

Episode was started with the group in Kunoe City.

Mache owns a Bariyaado and Kuchiito.

Shota had a battle with Satoshi using Kimori but overpowered by Gekogashira.

Tatsubay was knock out by Shushupu thus Shota lost in both battles.

Comments: Shota is still quite weak as a trainer since he lost both battles quite rapidly in my opinion. He should have known that Dragon are useless against Fairy so use other moves instead. Mache has got a good team of four Pokémon especially Kuchiito which is my favourite. Another good thing is there no Rocketto Dan here otherwise it will spoil the episode in my view. Overall a nice episode as we see Satoshi, Serena and Shota are focused. The only bit that I have comment is the title card which should have used Shota instead.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts off with Ash and co. arriving in Laverre City.

Ash is excited to have his next Gym battle.

Serena shows Ash who the Gym leader of the Laverre City Gym is on her Town Map.

Serena is the focus in the scene before the title card.

Ash and co. arrive in front of the building where the Laverre City Gym is.

Serena is really excited to go inside.

Ash and co. all enter the building and there are people rushing around inside.

Shota is at the reception desk, talking to a woman.

Bonnie sees a woman and then asks her if she will marry her brother Clemont.

Clemont drags her away from the woman with his Aipom Arm.

Shota sees Clemont and he recognises him from their battle at the Lumiose Gym.

Shota introduces himself to Ash, Serena and Bonnie and they introduce themselves to him in return.

Shota hears something about Ash and becomes so excited that sparkles surround his face.

Serena and Bonnie are checking out something in a room inside the building.

Ash, Clemont and Shota are sitting on a couch nearby in the same room.

They are bored waiting for Serena and Bonnie to finish what they are doing.

Two Furisode girl's are watching Serena and Bonnie from behind a curtain.

They have smirks on their faces.

Ash and Shota decide to have a battle against eachother outside the building.

They go outside to have a battle on a battlefield that is right next to the building that they were in.

Ash and Shota are standing on opposites sides of the field.

Clemont is standing on the side that is next to the building and he will be judging the battle.

Ash sends out his Frogadier and Hawlucha.

Shota sends out his Treecko and Bagon.

Clemont tells Ash and Shota that they can start their battle.

Treecko attacks with Bullet Seed.

Bagon attacks with Flamethrower.

Frogadier uses a Water Pulse to counter the Flamethrower.

The two Furisode girl's talk Serena and Bonnie into participating in a fashion show that will be held at the building from earlier.

Frogadier uses Aerial Ace on Treecko at a fast speed and then Treecko falls to the ground.

Treecko is defeated.

Ash, Shota and Clemont hear some noises from close by.

They all go to check out what the noise is and they discover the fashion show that has just started.

Valerie is sitting on the floor in some room in the building.

Her Fairy Type Pokemon, Spritzee, Sylveon, Mr. Mime and Mawhile are with her.

They are trying to comfort her.

Valerie gets up and some Furisode girl's walk in the room, to see her.

Pokemon Quiz: Bagon.

They go to sit and watch the fashion show.

The Furisode girl's from the Laverre City Gym are all walking down the runaway at the fashion show, each walking with a Pokemon.

Ash and Clemont are shocked when Serena, Bonnie and Serena's Braixen start walking down the runway.

A Furisode girl point's out someone from the audience and it is Shota.

She gets Shota to have a battle against Valerie.

Another Furisode girl is judging the battle and then the battle starts.

Shota brings out his Bagon and Valerie chooses her Spritzee to battle against Bagon.

Bagon uses Dragon Breath and then keeps trying to attack Spritzee with Headbutt, but Bagon keeps missing.

Spritzee uses Dazzling Gleam on Bagon and then Bagon gets falls over.

Bagon is defeated and the Furisode girl who was judging the battle declares Valerie the winner of the battle.

Valerie walks down the runway and catches Ash's attention.

After the fashion show is finished, Ash and co. (including Shota) head to a the Laverre City Pokemon Center.

They are having some food there and Ash's Pokemon are all out as well, eating some Pokemon food.

Serena gets excited about something and they all run out of the Pokemon Center.

To be continued.

Last edited:

ssquaderi

Best thing about this episode so far: Frogadier absolutely being ultimately awesome by using cut to destroy all of Treeko's Bullet Seeds and causing a huge explosion by OHKO'ing with Aerial Ace

Stupidest things about this episode so far: Ash using his Pokedex on Treeko -.- did he forget he had one? o_O also Ash and Shota stopping their battle just to watch the Fashion show

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Amazing episode that opens with a couple of plotpoints for Shota, Ash, and Serena, and shows some unique light to Valerie, who is somehow depressed until the Furisode girls dragged Bonnie and Serena away to meet her. And I say, they got her down in this episode. She is elegant and sublime, but mysterious and with her carries a strange atmosphere, almost elvish, she bloody talks to Pokemon for pete's sakes. And looks like she is into /ss/.

Now for Shota, well, it is obviously setting up for him to become stronger. I mean, he has to, he got his *** ravaged twice, and would've rekt further if Ash's battle with him wasn't interrupted. I'm convinced his Treecko will evolved to beat Frogadier as a first sign of his growth. Now for Ash, he doesn't take Valerie lightly, and is clearly wary of her. Don't know why the summaries of the next episode says he is unprepared for her (or am I mistaken?) but here he is obviously seriously training for his battle with her. Finally, we have Serena, and we all know where she gets that furisode from. I mean, TriPokalon and the furisode was even mentioned in the same breath, if I recall correctly. Glad she isn't taking everything lightly and once again follows Ash's example.

ALL OF THE FOUR FURISODE GIRLS WERE VOICED! KEEPU RETURNED, TWICE! VALERIE WAS AMAZING! THANK YOU BASED DIRECTOR.

Rohanator

I didnt expect much from this battle between Ash and Shouta since we're having two way more important ones in the next couple of episodes, but it was surprisingly good imo. Some nice exchanges and animations, and team work. They should do double battles more often it seems

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

jettblakk

Head Hancho
Mad respect to the writing/animation team. A pretty good episode but I love when they go the extra mile like animating all the different furisode girls from the game and even though we won't see them in the gym battle, seeing Valerie's in-game pokes like Mr. Mime & Mawile are nice touches. They're not to relevant to the story but the extra credit is always welcome.

They made Valerie interesting enough to watch the next episode even if it wasn't a gym battle, Ash looked like a boss in that short 2v2 battle and has himself a new personal fanboy. I surprisingly like Shouta and he seems to be a little like Ash, I like the fact that Shouta has brains but is still new to the game of training pokes. Serena was enjoying the fashion and Bonnie clung to her surrogate big-sis throughout. My only real disappointments seemed to be that with everyone doing everything; all Clemont did was referee a 2v2 battle and provide exposition. Even in jest, I would've like someone to comment on his onesie-jumpsuit and defend his choice in clothing, but after him ghost-busting last episode, I guess I can let that slide. And why was the show card Serena's?? If anybody had the feature here, it was Shouta but I guess with two Ash episodes coming up, I guess it had to be serena on the card I guess?

Formal introductions to a new recurring character, another intro for an interesting/mysterious gym leader, a little battling to wet your appetite for next week, some side gags, people talking pokemon speak, and someone fanboying over Ash Ketchum. The trainer who travels with gym leaders and models alike.

8.5/10

mega snorlax

Best thing about this episode so far: Frogadier absolutely being ultimately awesome by using cut to destroy all of Treeko's Bullet Seeds and causing a huge explosion by OHKO'ing with Aerial Ace

Stupidest things about this episode so far: Ash using his Pokedex on Treeko -.- did he forget he had one? o_O also Ash and Shota stopping their battle just to watch the Fashion show
Non-issue. In every region the pokedex reveals new information on pokemon already seen before, like this Treecko. And Frogadier looks to be Ash's new regional powerhouse. Just wish that Ash made a reference about his Sceptile.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Non-issue. In every region the pokedex reveals new information on pokemon already seen before, like this Treecko. And Frogadier looks to be Ash's new regional powerhouse. Just wish that Ash made a reference about his Sceptile.

Yea but it's inconsistent with the rest of xy compared to like BW. The whole time in xy serena has dexed old pokemon while ash has only dexed kalos ones.

calvinhobbesliker

Yea but it's inconsistent with the rest of xy compared to like BW. The whole time in xy serena has dexed old pokemon while ash has only dexed kalos ones.

But Serena wasn't there.

Also, did anyone think for a second that Bonnie's first proposal was going to be to Shota, since the immediately preceding frame was showing Ash and Shota?

K.N.

I don't see the issue with Ash dexing both Treecko and Bagon, it was obvious he knew what both were before he dexed them, he even said their names out loud. He was obviously only doing it to read the dex. It's been ages since he's seen either one anyway.

Anyway I really liked this episode, it really felt like a lot was going on in it. Really looking forward to the next two episodes we're going to get.

phanpycross

God-king
This episode had "pre gym boredom" written all over it. The battles were clearly held bakc since the animation was clearly saved for next episode. Two major characters were intoduced, but neither were done properly IMO, with Shota essentially getting ripped a new one by Ash, while Valerie's greatest achivement was beating an NFE with blatant Type advantage. Not exactly thrilling stuff. I wanna say Serena being a Valerie fangirl felt forced, but eh, whatever makes the character more interesting.

The best moments were Frogadier pulling a Brook on Treecko, and Ash's pokemon rushing their foods so they could be ready for battle watch them losethe gym battle thanks to stomach pains

5/10.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was an alright episode. The scenes that focused on Serena and Bonnie in this episode were pretty interesting and Valerie seems interesting as well. Shota's introduction was alright, nothing really special imo and I didn't really care much for the battles either. I loved the fashion show though 7/10

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I think Valerie can only speak with Fairy-type Pokémon? Valerie looks cute in the anime, I always found her eyes kind of creepy in the games.

Stupidest things about this episode so far: Ash using his Pokedex on Treeko -.- did he forget he had one? o_O
Maybe Ash clearly knowing what a Treecko is when it was mentioned and then when Shota released will give you a clue. All of this happened before Ash used his Pokédex on it so no, it was not stupid. Ash using his Dex on old Pokémon doesn't mean he forgot them (you should know this by now).

Last edited: