• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fashionable Battle! (876)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Mawile is half Steel-type though, so I think that the writers went with Spritzee instead because it was pure Fairy-type. Then again, idk why they didn't just make Sylveon be Valerie's ace like in the games...

The main reason they went with Spritzee is because Ash hadn't dexed it yet. Its only prior appearance (not counting background) was when he fell off the plane with Alexa and saw two Spritzee as his first Kalos region Pokémon, before he had his dex

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi being so eager to challenge Mache, only to have his request postponed due to the fashion show was amusing. I was glad that Mache's ace Pokemon was Shushupu instead of Nymphia, which we'd seen enough of anyway.

Valerie's eyes creep me out. Good episode. I thought the catwalk scene with Serena and Bonnie was pretty funny due to Clemont's reaction to seeing Bonnie there. And we were introduced to Sawyer, who looks really dopey to me. Also he seems to not know a lot about battling.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And we were introduced to Sawyer, who looks really dopey to me. Also he seems to not know a lot about battling.

We had actually seen Shota before since he faced Citron at the Miare Gym and lost. His inexperience was also implied since he was a new trainer back then, and that hadn't changed much in this episode.

Kiarran

Valerie was.. kinda weird. Talking to Pokemon the way she did. Well whatever she was still hella cute! Secondly, she was presented as a powerful trainer but I wouldn't really subscribe to that. Sawyer obviosuly is a rookie with little experience and, on top of that, used a Pokemon that was at a clear disadvantage against Spritzee. Winning that battle sure wasn't a big deal, especially for a gym leader. So, in my humble opinion all that fuss about Valerie was way too exaggerated.