• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fashionable Battle! (876)

Vernikova

Champion
A poorly done hype by the writers for Valerie. I mean, does anyone take Sawyer as a Trainer seriously? It would've been more effective to beat one of Clemont's stronger Pokemon than Sawyer's Pokemon, who had his arsenal cut because the guy didn't know about Dragon-type attacks being ineffective against Fairy-type Pokemon, which leads to the hype going down some more.

Average episode all around.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I liked it apart from Bonnie's overused gag being used TWICE.
Serena fangirling over Valerie was my favorite part.

9, lost points because of the gag.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Poor Scottie Sawyer. He had a nasty run here, with Treecko getting defeated by that explosion-induced-Cut move and Bagon going extremely blind and getting mind blown to the MAX from staring up close at that Dazzling Gleam move.

His voice is a little below decent, though. But was Scottie his previous official name?

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Poor Scottie Sawyer. He had a nasty run here, with Treecko getting defeated by that explosion-induced-Cut move and Bagon going extremely blind and getting mind blown to the MAX from staring up close at that Dazzling Gleam move.

His voice is a little below decent, though. But was Scottie his previous official name?

According to the end credits of his debut episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess the reason why Scottie was changed to Sawyer is because of the fact Sawyer isn't really from Kalos but is native from Hoenn, which isn't an European setting.

It would be too convenient to have it named after an European country and yet he was living in Hoenn first.

...Anyway, I'll still call him Scottie Sawyer.

calvinhobbesliker

I guess the reason why Scottie was changed to Sawyer is because of the fact Sawyer isn't really from Kalos but is native from Hoenn, which isn't an European setting.

It would be too convenient to have it named after an European country and yet he was living in Hoenn first.

...Anyway, I'll still call him Scottie Sawyer.

But Sawyer isn't a Japanese name either...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't care what Shota's called in the dub. Simply hearing him speak so much made me realize that I dislike his VA. Valerie sounded fine though.

U.N. Owen

I don't care what Shota's called in the dub. Simply hearing him speak so much made me realize that I dislike his VA. Valerie sounded fine though.

Does his dub voice sound like a man in his late forties going through puberty all over again. To me, it sounds like someone took a cheese grater to my brain.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Does his dub voice sound like a man in his late forties going through puberty all over again. To me, it sounds like someone took a cheese grater to my brain.

I mean.. I don't like it either lol, but it's not that bad.

It's really no worse than the normal teenage voice that's not provided by a women.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It just sounds unappealing to me. Granted I didn't like his Japanese voice much either, but Ikue Ohtani's voice is still much better than whoever voices him in the dub imo.

U.N. Owen

It just sounds unappealing to me. Granted I didn't like his Japanese voice much either, but Ikue Ohtani's voice is still much better than whoever voices him in the dub imo.

At least Ohtani sounds like a ten-year-old.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Is it just me, or do they seem to be putting in more effort with the dub voices lately? I already mentioned in the "Beyond The Rainbow" thread about how much I loved Florges' voice.. and now we have Valerie, whom I don't think could've possibly sounded better. The voice they gave her is so well suited to her character, that I find it hard to believe we're dealing with the same people who gave us the awful sounding Goomy line and *shudder* an Ortiz-inflicted Korrina..

Props to them for trying harder! Even if they did randomly change someone's name in the process..

I found this episode to be pretty dull. Not very good at all.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Is it just me, or do they seem to be putting in more effort with the dub voices lately? I already mentioned in the "Beyond The Rainbow" thread about how much I loved Florges' voice.. and now we have Valerie, whom I don't think could've possibly sounded better. The voice they gave her is so well suited to her character, that I find it hard to believe we're dealing with the same people who gave us the awful sounding Goomy line and *shudder* an Ortiz-inflicted Korrina..

Props to them for trying harder! Even if they did randomly change someone's name in the process..

The English actor for Professor Belmondo was really good too.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday

Even though they putted more effort to Valerie's dub voice, I still find it annoying how there are dubs voice like Sawyer(whom I will call Shota from now on cause I don't like his new name) are...outright terrible... I mean he sounds more like 15 years old to me :/

At least they improve and sometimes have better BGMs than the sub :3