• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A fate that's worse than death?

Andywoo

Banned
Well, for me the only thing worse than death would be not being well enough to live but not actually dying (like forever being on the edge of existence, but not actually moving on), which would probably be recognised as torture.

Last edited:

exluna

Poke Breeder/Trainer
i got one
i may have gone to far
only living hurts not death
that is why my fate worse than death is immortality
to live through life and see everyone around you die
your love ones leaving you who you will never see
to see endless years of mankind's evil and
to see the end and be all alone after that
what will you look forward for?

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
The bucket list

I'd think that knowing the exact place, time, date, and cause of your death could be worse than the death itself. You'd be immobilized by fear all the time, thinking "oh, crap! In 3 years and 78 days I will die!" or something like that.
But of course after getting over the initial shock of knowing when your inevitable death will be, many people would make sure that they make the most of however long they have left.

I think knowing the exact time of your death would be a relief in some cases.

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
that or:
having you balls smashed with a pair of bricks, nasty i tell you0_0

Or having them bitten and ripped off one by one by an alligator, after being continuously stung by wasps and scorpians.

There are tons of horrible ways to lose your testicles.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Or having them bitten and ripped off one by one by an alligator, after being stung continuously stung by wasps and scorpians.

There are tons of horrible ways to lose your testicles.

aj, that's nasty, there are countless of ways of torture, it creeps me out.

say, i wonder why Brumrha posted this thread while we had a simulair torture thread at the misc polls, i do not hope that it is placed here because he likes torture fetish.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Well. Having a stream of natural disasters (Blinding cold, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Flash Floods, Cyclones/Hurricanes/Typhoons etc.) in which, you'll be mourning. Mourning lost loved ones, mourning destruction of homes and, scarily, they predict that this will happen with a massive tilt on the Earth's axis in 2012, on December 23. Just like the Mayans predicted....

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
It's up to you whether or not to believe this.

Cheesy voice over guy and his horrible pun at the end there.

Follow up, happy ending?

You decide.

Also, methinks this would be VERY unpleasant.

However, no fate, in my opinion, could possibly be worse then being a mute, blind, deaf and without feeling.

In all essence, a living corpse. Sure you can move, but without being able to feel anything, what's the point? Trapped inside your own head.

Also, a fate in which you must make sure the person you love the most, the only one you'll ever need, is with someone else, because it works out better for everyone.

Yeah. That one sucks too.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
But of course after getting over the initial shock of knowing when your inevitable death will be, many people would make sure that they make the most of however long they have left.

I think knowing the exact time of your death would be a relief in some cases.
Ok, you have a point there.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Being forgotten.

Or, being knocked out taking lemons and placing them around your neck. Cutting them pouring the juice on your neck, sliting your Throat and then pouring more juice.

Brumrha

Banned
say, i wonder why Brumrha posted this thread while we had a simulair torture thread at the misc polls, i do not hope that it is placed here because he likes torture fetish.

This thread isn't limited to just torture, it can also describe other severe mishaps, like rare diseases & the like; just look around in this thread.

I suppose that if people become sad or frustrated enough to commit suicide that the person who did so thought that Death would be better than going on with their life.

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
Being paralyzed from the neck down.

You couldn't do anything except talk and eat.

You couldn't even be able to commit suicide.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i've notice a lot of the "worse than death" scenarios are just examples of prolonged death... yeah it's kinda obvious that dying slowly & painfully is worse than dying peacefully

i'd rather die than become a huge burden on my loved ones - i can handle suffering myself but i'd hate to be making others suffer because of me

Pikachu41

The PokeMaster!
Watch Groundhog Day and you'll know :)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Watch Groundhog Day and you'll know :)

don't be so cheap in both ideas and way of humor pikachu41, make it 100 times instead on a bright widescreen while being poked with a cattleprod when the victim dares to fall asleep, it will become more worse after every hour.