• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Faux Oak Finish (607)

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
This episode wasn't that bad IMO. I like the fact that both Ludicolo and Tyranitar made an appearance because I think they're awesome. The Politoad that battled Croagunk was awfully tough, they're usually pretty jolly. I still hate Prof. Oak's new voice. Overall this episode was OK.

wind21

This episode is pretty bad. Nothing happens at all, and, more importantly, it isn't interesting in the slightest (other than a few cute scenes, but a few scenes can't make a quality episode by themself). I honestly don't think there's much to analyze. Maybe next time....

Torpoleon

Decent episode. It wasn't the greatest although it was nice to see Professor Oak again.

5/10
The episode was ok, but not the greatest. Although Professor Oak returned, I still didn't like the episode too much.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Wow, that was a much better episode than I was expecting. 9/10, I'd say. In fact, I think it's been one of my favorites of Galactic Battles so far! Perhpas it was Croagunk beating up a mafia-boss Politoed rather than Brock. Or maybe it was Piplup sinking continuedly in quicksand, until Pikachu had to pull out the ol' chisel to break it out when Buneary froze the quicksand. Heck, it might have even had to do with the army of Quagsire lackies and good-old happy-fun-time Ludicolo popping up again. Wait, I know! It was James getting knocked through the roof by a Tyranitar tail! Ah, good times, good times!

Dattebayo

Banned
I find this episode both enjoyable and hilarious. So much nostalgia was running through my head with the older pokemon. The frog battle was quite entertaining. What made me lol the most was the Tyranitar scene, it happened to be one of the most cliche'd problems of an animal: a splinter in the foot, causing it to go crazy. BTW, wasn't there another episode involving a fake Oak?

Dreamcoat

Seeing Ash use his PokéDex on Politoed, Lombre AND Ludicolo made me cry.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Cool to see such pokemon like Ludicolo and Tyranitar again.

SmartD

It was good episode. We got to see James dress up as Professor Oak again since Johto. And the fight between Croagunk and Politoed was neat. And the scene where the Tyranitar busts James through the roof was funny. Overall. it's well done.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
A lot of johtos are coming out now.

I thought it was team rocket at first that took him, then either hunter j, or galactic, nope pokemon.
Lol James looked a lot like Oak, expect less tan, skinnier, and green eyes.
I thought croagunk was going to jab piplup at first, then I was like "oh cool!"
Ludicolo's spirits sured raised when he evolved!

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Admittedly, it was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was alright. After last week's episode this one was the second standard episode in a row, but well, we can't have everything and I also guess that we've become a little bit too spoiled with all those great Sinnoh episodes. Every now and then there maybe have to be some rather ordinary episodes which don't exactly knock your socks off.

Anyways, what I liked best today was the connect-with-a-Pokemon's-heart motif. Apart from the remaining plot which was rather mundane, that was really a highly profound moment and it once again reminded me of...well, who could it be? - Of course, it reminded me of Cynthia :crush: and her "Poke-philosophy" and that was just amazing!
/me is wallowing in memories :awww: :awww:

What I didn't like at all, however, was the illogical and thus pretty annoying fact that a little kid (probably much younger than Ash) actually had a Tyranitar.
I mean, COME ON!!! I had to look twice because couldn't believe that the writers actually had the cheek to give such an epic, powerful Pokemon to a standard, ordinary kid...Pokemon are supposed to be valuable and especially those fully evolved Pokemon require years of training and experience, something that little rug rat didn't have for sure!
Writers, how dare you "waste" such a great Pokemon by giving it to a random cookie-cutter kid who probably isn't even a trainer....:complain:
And that I'm right is proven by the fact that the greenhorn didn't even know what was wrong with Tyranitar and how to handle it. What a shameful belittling of this awesome Pokemon!
But there was yet another thing related to Tyranitar which struck me as pretty unnecessary: How in the world can a Rock-type Pokemon be hurt by a little (and it sure was little in that close-up) thorn?? Sorry, but that was just downright ridiculous.

Apart from those two points of criticism, it was a pretty decent episode.
6.5 out of 10 points

~AussieWonder~

Wow, I really disliked this episode. It was rather awful. Oak's voice was horrible, and the whole plot seemed rather pointless. The only main highlight was seeing Tyranitar again. In quite possible the best series yet, this episode was quite a letdown. 3/10

Vernikova

Champion
Well this was a pretty boring episode. There was little action in this episode and that was the biggest reason for me calling this episode a dud. Really, the whole Lombre plot was boring and resolved oh-too quickly but that might've been there to spare us from watching anymore of this.

JohnLee

Well this was a pretty boring episode. There was little action in this episode and that was the biggest reason for me calling this episode a dud. Really, the whole Lombre plot was boring and resolved oh-too quickly but that might've been there to spare us from watching anymore of this.

Agreed. I was expecting a lot more of a fight from croagunk and politoed than just a one-hit battle. Besides that it was entertaining with piplup once again thinking that it can lead the gang and epically fails. Also, it was a plus to see Tyranitar even though it didn't really do anything.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I didn't like this episode at all. Which is odd, because I like most of the episodes. I suppose it was nice to see some of the Johto Pokemon again, but I have a feeling one of these days Ash is going to end up using his pokedex on a Pikachu.

4/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

That's often the case with Filler episodes like this one.

It's not a bad thing though. Imagine if they had taken their sweet-time.

ijea4444

I didn't like this episode at all. Which is odd, because I like most of the episodes. I suppose it was nice to see some of the Johto Pokemon again, but I have a feeling one of these days Ash is going to end up using his pokedex on a Pikachu.

4/10

I swear. The pokedex old pokemon for the new audience. Politoed has been gone for like what 6 years? Ludicolo 3 years? Lombre 4 years? 1 year is enough. Ash never pokedex a pikachu because he sees one every day.

Vernikova

Champion
The 4th KIRA said:
It's not a bad thing though. Imagine if they had taken their sweet-time.

I'd hope that they would've created a better plot than this one or expanded on the Oak-James confrontation.

megaman12

Not Happy
Since when can Professor Oak sence the heart of pokemon like anabel?Anyway this episode was okay but I wish the writters did more to the whole crogank and politoad thing.

STICKTOPIA

-I knew this episode had filler written all over it. I didn't even watch it in Japanese.
-I'm getting annoyed at Ash looking up pokemon he already looked up!
-Hah Piplup being a showoff fails for once.
-Idk what kind of battle Croagunk vs Politoed was. That was a fail battle.
-Pikachu with the hammer was just epic.
-So Lombre is depressed just b/c it wants to evolve. w/e....
-Tyranitar didn't listen just b/c it had a thorn in its foot for weeks?!
-Why couldn't Prof. Oak do this with Ash's Charizard?

I guess the episode was ok overall. It could have been better.