• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Festival of Decisions! (903)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Except the way she says it in the dub clearly was meant to be taken as her telling Braixen she will evolve next time when it's their turn.

Then Clemont's next line just make less sense. Now it sounded like he was going to wait for Luxray's turn to evolve.

I think there were two ways of interpreting it. Evolution and battle. Either one would make sense. It might be easier to assume she meant evolution, but not so much easier that you can disregard the other meaning. In context, she said it, and then went into battle right away, as did Clemont. When that happened I realized my mistake in interpretation and reevaluated what was said. Maybe it was a mistake in the sense that they could have picked better wording, but I don't think it was that big of a mistake.

Pikachu52

Personally (and this is coming from someone who doesn't care at all about competitive viability), I find Greninja to be a very interestingly designed Pokemon. Personally I like it better than every one you listed except maybe Lucario. It's mostly because I really like the ninja motif. I think that it using its tongue as a scarf is really unique and interesting, not silly, myself.

The tongue scarf is an interesting motif yes but I don't see anything about Greninja that makes it look tough or cute. It doesn't radiate power or speed the way Lucario and Pikachu do. It slouches when it stands and tongue scarf almost seems to be weighing it down. There's just nothing about it that makes it seem particularly iconic or makes it stand out from the other 720 Pokémon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The tongue scarf is an interesting motif yes but I don't see anything about Greninja that makes it look tough or cute. It doesn't radiate power or speed the way Lucario and Pikachu do. It slouches when it stands and tongue scarf almost seems to be weighing it down. There's just nothing about it that makes it seem particularly iconic or makes it stand out from the other 720 Pokémon.

Except Protean, which is a huge reason why it's so popular, but said ability is not represented in the anime at all.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Of all Greninja, it is Ash's that is special... when Ash has no ties or descendance to the Ninja Village. I don't think it justifies "Ash-Greninja" but imma let it slide. Other than that, this episode had everything I expect in a 2 part Pokémon episode ending. The battles were cool. I do think the villians (forgot their names) turned over a new leaf too quick to believe but it's an anime that plays of silliness at times.

4 out of 5 stars on this one.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeaah, Serena's line caught me by surprise because I wasn't sure what she implied. It was a small thing, so it sounds right for the dub team to miss that out of the many episodes they're doing.

Not a fan of how the bad guy becomes good, as it felt too safe. But again, this is Pokemon. Not that it was a bad thing, the ending just came off too happy.

At long last, Ash's Greninja makes its debut, along with it's "Mysterious" transformation. Looking forward to more of that later on.

Acdog

The animation was better than usual here! This episode felt a lot closer to traditional anime due to the fighting scenes and the like. The first glimpse of Ash Greninja was cool as well. Bisharp was really OP though.

8/10

Alloutℯ

Banned
Really pleased to see an episode where the village was self-sufficient enough to save itself. Was really dreading Ash just taking over and saving the world so nice to see that the main, main battle was actually Ippei's Greninja vs Weavile.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
So Haxorus-Mask has no Haxorus.

shameful.

Lol none of their masks matched their Pokémon

Team Rocket didn't need to be around considering they got blasted off so quickly.

What i did like about them is the sense of chaos. What I like best about cliffhangers in all entertainment media is a situation where there a multiple cliffhangers in one. So at least they served that purpose if nothing else.

* Ugh...that evolution that should have been the climax almost came off as an afterthought, playing second fiddle to Ippei vs Kagetomo's clash

Alloute's comment is actually the perfect response to what you say here, so I'll just put it here:

Really pleased to see an episode where the village was self-sufficient enough to save itself. Was really dreading Ash just taking over and saving the world so nice to see that the main, main battle was actually Ippei's Greninja vs Weavile.

- When will we get to see an actual movie about Ho-Oh?

This summer

EDIT: Alloute, why did you copy your post directly from ii kanji's post on bmgf from December 2015?

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I thought this two parter was pretty good, considering I am not even that a big fan of ninjas, I just found the battles quite interesting and how they fought to save it. Greninja evolving was good, I am not entirely sure I get the Ash-Greninja, out of all the Pokemon he could have bonded with and fused together (Like Pikachu) it was the Pokemon he got in the Kalos region? I guess they probably didn't want to continue with it after the region for Pikachu, but still seems so weird that he doesn't get it. I haven't gotten that far yet in the series so maybe they explain it closer to the end of it. (I may be baised, as Greninja isn't even my favorite Pokemon, I am the opposite I find the tongue scarf too weird, especially when it opens it's mouth and it doesn't appear to even be attached. I just keep thinking how much slobber he might get all over his body. But Ash and the ninjas sure hell made them look pretty cool.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I thought this two parter was pretty good, considering I am not even that a big fan of ninjas, I just found the battles quite interesting and how they fought to save it. Greninja evolving was good, I am not entirely sure I get the Ash-Greninja, out of all the Pokemon he could have bonded with and fused together (Like Pikachu) it was the Pokemon he got in the Kalos region? I guess they probably didn't want to continue with it after the region for Pikachu, but still seems so weird that he doesn't get it. I haven't gotten that far yet in the series so maybe they explain it closer to the end of it. (I may be baised, as Greninja isn't even my favorite Pokemon, I am the opposite I find the tongue scarf too weird, especially when it opens it's mouth and it doesn't appear to even be attached. I just keep thinking how much slobber he might get all over his body. But Ash and the ninjas sure hell made them look pretty cool.

I think that similar to Mega Evolution, this form (which is explained in XY&Z36) can only be obtained by fully evolved Pokémon hence why Pikachu couldn't do it

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I think that similar to Mega Evolution, this form (which is explained in XY&Z36) can only be obtained by fully evolved Pokémon hence why Pikachu couldn't do it

Ah okay that makes better sense I am only a few episodes ahead of this one so far (It's taken me a long time to actually watch this series, didn't have a TV with the right channels, but it's on Netflix so yay! I wish the rest of the series were on here). I am looking forward to seeing where Greninja goes with it, definitely makes him more interesting.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
but it's on Netflix so yay! I wish the rest of the series were on here).

You should check out the Pokémon TV app. Even though doesn't have every episode at the same time, it has 5 episodes from each Saga available each week, and then the next week it rotates those out for 5 more episodes per saga. So over a period of time it is possible to see every episode in the app

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose that since this was the hundredth Kalos episode, we were bound to witness a spectacle, and that's exactly what we saw when Satoshi's Gekogashira evolved into Gekkouga, learned Water Shuriken, and defeated Heidayuu's Kirikizan in an impressive display of power.

Was a nice finish for the 2-parter and I really wouldn't mind seeing a full-power Ash's Greninja hopefully not get completely destroyed by Sanpei's brothers in the future. It's so good to hear Greninja's English voice in the dub, considering how much I play Smash 4. And whoa, the battle between Greninja and Weavile makes me wish we have Greninja in Pokken Tournament.