• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Festival Trade! A Festival Farewell? (885)

jrizza88

Meteorite
I liked the mega evolution reference when they showed Mawile and Jessie. It seemed to fit her well actually..

The costumes were cool, loved that Ash had a costume for a pokemon he owns. Pikachu ash a Psyduck was cute, and Chespin being captured was funny. The episode was a decent one.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I'm a big Pokémon fan but had no way of seeing this episode yet and was wondering if Jessie sneakily planned on getting gourgeist back or what the reason for her quickly reversing the trade on the "count"

Jessie was intent on the trade. But once it was completed and her pumkin evolved, prince pumpkaboul no longer wanted her/loved her, and Jessie felt insulted, and recounted all the caring/nice things her pumpkaboul did for her, and demanded a trade back.

In short, Jessie really wanted the trade at first, but her emotions and bond won over her greed...

This episode was so bad for the most part.

But the chespin bit was so good.

I'm conflicted as to the rating.

5/10

Based Harimaron, when will he evolve lol....

XXD17

Draco rex
So Jessie's gourgeist was female after all (not that it wasn't somewhat obvious beforehand)...also, I can't be the only one who was annoyed at how much shadow ball they used...would it had been really that bad to give one of those gourgeist a fire type attack like flamethrower or fire blast? I mean gourgeist is probably the only grass type that can learn those moves and it would have been fun to show it...

jrizza88

Meteorite
So Jessie's gourgeist was female after all (not that it wasn't somewhat obvious beforehand)...also, I can't be the only one who was annoyed at how much shadow ball they used...would it had been really that bad to give one of those gourgeist a fire type attack like flamethrower or fire blast? I mean gourgeist is probably the only grass type that can learn those moves and it would have been fun to show it...

true, or even night shade, or a grass attack. I guess only Jessie's Gourgeist was allowed to show a non ghost type move.

Ѕhiny Missingno

So, is this the first time Jessie has shown any sort of emotion towards Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist? Back in the previous Jessie focused episode Pumpkaboo and Jessie didn't mind leaving each others at all but now they seem to be best buddies. At least I hope that future episodes have Jessie show a little bit more care towards Gourgeist since the same has happened with Jame and Inkay after their bonding episodes.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
So, is this the first time Jessie has shown any sort of emotion towards Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist? Back in the previous Jessie focused episode Pumpkaboo and Jessie didn't mind leaving each others at all but now they seem to be best buddies. At least I hope that future episodes have Jessie show a little bit more care towards Gourgeist since the same has happened with Jame and Inkay after their bonding episodes.

It was quite touching! Once, when Jessie had a high fever she nursed her health all night long and made her homemade organic applesauce AND fed it to her.
Another time, when no one remembered her birthday, Bakeccha did and celebrated with her and a slice of cake.

Ѕhiny Missingno

It was quite touching! Once, when Jessie had a high fever she nursed her health all night long and made her homemade organic applesauce AND fed it to her.
Another time, when no one remembered her birthday, Bakeccha did and celebrated with her and a slice of cake.

Yeah, but all of those scenes were made for this episode and hadn't been seen before. I was just wondering if there had been any emotional bond between the two during the 80-something previous episodes.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Yeah, but all of those scenes were made for this episode and hadn't been seen before. I was just wondering if there had been any emotional bond between the two during the 80-something previous episodes.

Well I think that is why she was quick to give her up for Mawile when it was offered. She generally was feeling like whatever, I'll trade for a dope Mawile, but then she remembered the few times they connected and got sad about it basically.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The sad thing is that her only memories were previously off-screen moments.. The writers really need to start giving TR and their Pokemon some decent on screen bonding moments like in OS -> DP..

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well even though they were off-screen bonding moments, at least she seemed closer to Pumpkaboo emotionally than she was to Frillish for example. That's something.

diakyu

Seeing those two together I can't believe I ever wanted Pumpkaboo to not evolve. Gourgeist fits Jessie very well. Very good to see Serena putting in that work though with Pancham and Braixen.

DotKU

Champion
This was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. The costumes were adorable. I loved TR's reactions to Jessie's actions during this whole episode. I kinda wish that we had seen those off- screen moments with

Jessie and Pumpkaboo, but it's better than nothing I guess. I liked that Serena and Clemont participated actively in the battles, and unexpectedly, the animation for this episode was pretty good. Chespin

had me cracking up in in the final scenes. It's these type of episodes that really show that TR can be done right, without putting them into situations were they are needed. I'm glad TR is even getting

development episodes in XY though.

K.N.

I'd say I liked this episode overall, but it really would've worked a lot better if there was a single scene before this episode that implied Jessie had any sort of relationship with Pumpkaboo (not even the one where she was about to stay behind with Wobbuffet had Pumpkaboo getting upset or anything). I'd like to imagine that most of the stuff she said about Pumpkaboo in this episode were all just made up (or had some serious revisionist history) since that seems to fit her character a lot more, and I like that James/Meowth were pretty much going "the hell is she even talking about". Also loved Meowth's reference to the Purugly thing.

Honestly I would've liked the episode a lot more if Ash and co. were barely involved since those were the worst parts of the episode, they just seem so obligatory when it's not necessary. The best Team Rocket episodes in the past IMO were the ones where Ash and co. barely appeared, or even helping Team Rocket with something.

Veens

This episode was very good imo, the writers have done a great job showcasing both Pumkaboo's mechanism of evolution and its affection for its trainer. (And of course Jessie's affection for Pumkaboo)
I also like episodes with a lot of cosplay in them, and this was perhaps the best one so far. Bonnie in that Ludicolo outfit, that was just... plain awesomeness. :D

We also rarely get to see episodes in which Team Rocket make progress.
Most of the time they've got minor roles in the episodes when they appear right in the middle of an episode.

It's nice to see that they're doing something else for a change instead of getting launched into outer space by Pikachu's thunderbolt.

There is one thing that I don't like about this episode and that's the fact that Pumkaboo evolved. I'm sure gonna miss that cute sound it makes in the japanese anime.

But overall it was an episode ranging from fairly decent to very good.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Got lazy to write this one up last week.

Pros:

* All those costumes were excellent

* Like last episode, this one seemed rather Kanto-esque

* Side characters got to battle as well; Braixen is a bad@zz

* Top kek as the main group watched all that evolution drama unfold as Clemont tries to break out by Aipom Arming the controls

* Top kek at those sentimental (though likely made up or exaggerated) flashbacks about Jessie and Pumpkaboo's bond

Cons:

* Would have been an episode for Fletch (instead of keeping it on bird search duty) or Noibaby to battle, as opposed to Pikachu; same goes for Luxray from Clemont

* Ah, looks like despite the evolution, Gourgeist still suffers from TR suck plague

Thoughts:

* That Gourgeist chants - wtf?!?? That dwarf lord/king - wtf?!??

* Ah look, fireworks. Too bad no "I never watched fireworks with a boy before" scene

A non-filler obviously due to an evolution. Decent since everyone got to participate, but it was rather bland overall.

3.5/10

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Okay, I just watched the episode and I really didn’t expect to like it as much as I did.

Jessie was incredibly amusing in this episode, her behavior was so contradictory it was hilarious and James’ comments only made the whole thing funnier. I also like that Gourgeist at least has some sort of personality now (even if it’s very similar to Jessie’s) though I don’t expect her to get any focus in the future any longer, I think that was it for Gourgeist.

I also enjoyed the continuity and callbacks of Meowth’s previous experiences and the whole dressing up Inkay as Pikachu thing.

Oh, I was also amazed by the amount of battling Serena did in this episode as well as Bunnelby. That was a neat surprise.

Overall, surprisingly enjoyable episode.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I didn't really know what to think of this episode even though I actually enjoyed it.

Jessie trading her Pumpkaboo made me a little bit angry because as soon as she heard she was getting a Pokemon that could Mega-evolve I was like, "Are you kidding me?" Well, where would she get the Mega Stone for it though!?

Eh, well I actually was glad she realized she wanted Pumpkaboo, after she evolved into Gourgeist. Well... after the little Pumpkaboo Prince changed his mind. How did the King not know Pumpkaboo evolve through trading? >:C

Overall, I liked how everyone dressed up though. Very much Halloween. Pikachu was adorable as a Psyduck X3

8/10

Pokegirl0102

i found this episode to be quite enjoyable , then again i always tend to love Jessie or James focused episodes, from the beginning i thought that the other Pumpkaboo would be the one to evolve but color me shocked and i didnt think they would go through with the trade either, I am glad that Jessie and James actually for their pokemon this series instead of them being drones like in black and white

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Is'nt it a little eary for halloween? Ahh well, I liked Serena's and Pikachu's costumes the best.

When it looked like Wigglytuff was talking, I think that was also a good part. A persons imagination could run wild with that kind of set up.