• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A few questions

Chi's Finest

I just started playing Ruby for the first time in like a year or 2, and I'm a little lost.

I need a place to get Ev's for Special Defense and Defense. I tried surfing for SpD but I keep finding those birds with the tenacools. Serebii said to look at Route 113 for Skarmony and Sandshrew for DF, but it's nothing but those dizzy bears. Help please?

And that guy that can reteach a move to your pokemon... Can he make them forget HM moves? And If I have an Umbreon can I use the guy to tach him Baton Pass from when he was an Eevee?

Also, the move WISH. I can't rememebr but it can heall a different POkemon if you switch out or Baton Pass before it works, right? And how many turns does it take to work?

Last edited:

DarkRyse87

it is mine at last..
keep searching route 113, ull find a skarmory and sandshrew

the guy that makes pokemon forget moves is in Lilycove

im not sure about the baton pass, maybe someone else cna answer that one

not sure about wish either...but i hope i helped kinda

Diaperman

Psychic Trainer
Theres a much easier way to train SD but it will take long if you dont have a Macho Brace with you. Also try getting the pokerus. Skarmory is rare in that route so it is going to take longer. I say that the best way to EV train SD is to defeat Swablus in Routes 114 & 115 because they are very common in that area.

Chi's Finest

Yea, I know its gonna suck not having the Macho Brace. It sucked enough when I DID have it.

Running from a battle doesn't affect EV's in any way right? Just as long as the Pokemon gets exp?

Also, since my Pokemon is at level 5, I can jus give him the Exp Share and he will still earn the EV even though he wasn't in the battle? And the proteins and vitamins or whatever.... I can use those to give 100 Evs to each of his Defenses, right off the bat, right? Making my trraining a lot easier?

Last edited:

Diaperman

Psychic Trainer
Yes running from battle doesnt affect EVs. EVs are just added to your Pokemon is he/she gets exp. Yes your lvl 5 will still earn the EV even though he is not battling. As for the vitamins you can still keep giving them to your lvl 5 but when the EVs for that stat reach 100 a message will appear that the vitamin will no longer have an effect. Yes vitamins make your EV training a lot easier.XD