• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A few random questions on the nature of the Abramahic God

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you serious?

are you serious?

are you serious?

a CHRISTIAN is asking for evidence of a god that could possiblybe stronger than his god?

why do i need evidence for a god that's higher than yours that created yours as well? you have about as much evidence as i do in this claim.

i am seriously about to give up at this point.
I miss intelligent Christians like Babylon debating.

Time can go back infinitely and we can still have days. A "day" is one planetary rotation, which is irrelevant to the age of the universe.

We could hypothetically have days, or moments, or years. But still, how is it possible that this universe has been around forever?

are you serious?

are you serious?

are you serious?

a CHRISTIAN is asking for evidence of a god that could possiblybe stronger than his god?

why do i need evidence for a god that's higher than yours that created yours as well? you have about as much evidence as i do in this claim.

What the heck are you talking about? I didn't ask a single question in that post.

Let's face it, being a divine, all good being can cause some problems. Most notably, I think, is that someone claming to speak for God may not really be speaking for him, either on perpose or by accident. Prime example: Adolf H-I-T-L-E-R. he clamed to be a christian. He clamed to speak for God. Yet, many christians don't believe what he did was right (to say the least). Why didn't God yell down from the cloud "No, that's not what I think at all, Adolf!"?

Why doesn't God stop all sin and misunderstanding if you say that's what He should've done?

Time can go back infinitely and we can still have days. A "day" is one planetary rotation, which is irrelevant to the age of the universe.

We could hypothetically have days, or moments, or years. But still, how is it possible that this universe has been around forever?

are you serious?

are you serious?

are you serious?

What the heck are you talking about? I didn't ask a single question in that post.

Let's face it, being a divine, all good being can cause some problems. Most notably, I think, is that someone claming to speak for God may not really be speaking for him, either on perpose or by accident. Prime example: Adolf H-I-T-L-E-R. he clamed to be a christian. He clamed to speak for God. Yet, many christians don't believe what he did was right (to say the least). Why didn't God yell down from the cloud "No, that's not what I think at all, Adolf!"?

Why doesn't God stop all sin and misunderstanding if you say that's what He should've done?

Strants

Yes, I know. . . the free will argument.

But, this is different. If I say 'no, I don't think that fish are good' after you say I do, am I destroying your free will? It's one thing if someone does evil without say god justifies it; it's another matter entirely with justification.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder

A lot of Christians attack the Big Bang theory because they say that something had to cause it. It had to come from somewhere. This is an assumption based on the way the current universe works, but surprisingly, it doesn’t necessarily need to have come from anywhere. It’s unintuitive and makes no sense to humans who spend their whole lives in the laws of this universe, but when we do the math, that’s the sort of answer we get.

A Christian might laugh at that and say that it’s silly to think that the universe didn’t need a beginning, and maybe never even had a beginning... how absurd to think that the universe might have just always been there. The Christian, at this point, seems to have forgotten about God entirely.

If the Christian can accept that God doesn’t need to have had a beginning, then they might as well acknowledge that maybe the universe didn’t need one either. And if we have to choose one of those two things as being an uncreated eternal something, it seems more sensible to choose the universe because we at least know that the universe is actually here, and because the universe is significantly smaller and less complex than God.

Prove evidence that says something can't.

The burden of evidence lies on the one making the claim =P

You can't compare God and the universe like that, saying "if God didn't have a beginning, then the universe doesn't need one." Its impossible for time to go back infinitely, because otherwise today would've never come. God, on the other hand, existed before time came into existence at the beginning of the universe. Also, the universe cannot come into existence spontaneously out of nothing.

Only because that is the particular way you view it within your own theological standpoint. Your views do not necessarily equal fact.

In response to the free will argument here's an example of my whole problem with it -

Isn’t the God you believe in omnipresent... supposedly knowing the end from the beginning? Meaning when he created humans he knew were destined to populate Rwanda in the 1990’s, he knew a couple million would be hacked to death in the most gruesome manner. And many would be children at that time. Yet he went on creating them... sending them or setting them onto a path with such a horrific fate.

Then there is you and I born over here.. no machete threats dangling over our heads. And I have to ask why. Free Will does not do justice. You may argue that god doesn’t always intervene when bad things happen, and its all merely part of a plan, BUT, supposing an omnipresent God... we have to bear in mind that GOD PUT THEM INTO THAT SCENARIO TO BEGIN WITH! It is not a function of God intervening, rather a perplexing brain annuerism found in the problem of God setting Rwanda genocides in motion by virtue of GOD putting those who would be slaughtered in the path of evil maniacs. Could God not have placed the would be slaughtered Rwandans elsewhere like he did with you and me (supposing an omnipresent god that is).

Yahweh is not the most pleasant guy to be worshipping. =P

"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that’s okay, he’s God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- Dennis McKinsey

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
Pikablu_the_Pokemaster said:
Grr ... it is NOT hypothetical! Units of time are only relevant to things in motion. An Earth day is not the same as a Mercurian day ... but the definition of the word "day" still stands as objective.

How can the universe have a day? Does it complete one rotation ... ever? How can the universe have a year? What does it revolve around?

The only way (as far as I am aware) to measure time in the universe is to measure the distance light travels from point A to point B ... because we know its speed (though light speed can be affected by various natural phenomena).

At any rate, the universe's age (or lack thereof) is irrelevant to OUR days and years ... because you can only have those on something that spins and can revolve.

Ethan

Banned
I miss intelligent Christians like Babylon debating.

It's not that I don't. The topic matter here is too broad and there are too many people to respond too. That's why I'm asking for a 1-on-1. In debates like this you can talk until you're blue in the face and a few pages later people will repeat the exact same thing. I call it the "Merry-go-round" effect. Also, I really debated a lot in the "Concept of a God" thread, and quite frankly this is pretty much the same thread under a different name. I don't want to repeat myself 50 times over. Because of all the different topic here and there, I don't even know what you guys are currently debating about!

If one person has a specific point to bring to me, and I'm not being smothered by 5 other people all repeating the same thing, then I will happily debate over that particular point.

Zerokku, would you be up for a 1-on-1 debate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.